Big Bang Burger Bar

Gaming => Hard Rain - Pathfinder => Topic started by: Hard Rain on 28 August 2011, 22:27:13



Title: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 28 August 2011, 22:27:13
Introduction
Given that both Gildor & Evilginger's character are rather poor I am starting the game at a doss house & low grade tavern in the poorest part of Kultekakun

The place is a large and ill maintained warehouse, with a very leaky roof, fortunately the it doesn't rain quite as much as of old,  converted into a tavern and a nest of shacks behind and around the warehouse which are rented out by the owner Lurgi a huge man who widely rumoured to be at least part ogre. The majority of the clientèle are the poor of the streets who have scrounged or stolen the couple of coppers the half ogre charges for the night or day labourers who have not worked for a while or like you two newcomers to the city who havent got the coin to find any where better. Than this fettid and verminous  bolt hole

Post a start below here


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 29 August 2011, 20:11:28
Galdor
Galdor is taken aback at the general squalor and overwhelming odor of the place.  This new experience makes him to remain at the edge of the light and observe the situation until he can pluck up the courage to engage in conversation.  He keeps his bow in its waterproof leather sheaf and tucked as best he can under his cloak.
He looks around for any other elves he could relate to or someone else obviously out of place in the hopes of striking up a conversation.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 30 August 2011, 04:31:28
Looking round most of the people in the room look like dirt poor human or possibly half elf commoners no one at all remarkable apart from a halfling in the corner smoking a pipe who looks like a prosperous farmer



Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 30 August 2011, 05:34:30
Galdor
I get some food and a little ale and sit down near the halfling. " Good evening master hobbit, this does not seem to be a place to find someone of your obvious standing."


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 30 August 2011, 14:35:52
The halfling smiles and mumbles something in a thick provincial accent, then adds "you might want to sit closer lad cos you look just like one o they queer folk I be looking for he says" patting the chair next to him " I have a tale lad which if you like it may fill your guts for a few days with better than that" he gestures dismissively  at the battered cup and bowl of Lurgi's thin stew in front of Galdor "what say you lad?"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 30 August 2011, 14:40:38
Galdor
Galdor shrugs and sits down next to him. "Nothing ventured nothing gained."


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 30 August 2011, 14:58:51
The Halfling smiles "true laddie too true" and extends his hand "Hugo Proudifeet at your service or rather you at mine if you like my tale" Hugo settles himself into a comfortable position and begins his tale

OOC we are waiting for Gizmo & possibly Debee? so I am off to feed Mr Tiddles, my lovely but cantankerous old cat,  and give them a chance of joining in before things go to far


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 30 August 2011, 16:36:40
OOC I have to work you know

Selngil
Staggers into the room after a long day labouring on a building site the other side of town stopping only to pass the two coppers he has earned to Lurgi for a bow of his poor stew & a bed for the night. as he does so the last light of day catches in his hair showing it to be a deep dark blue not black.


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 30 August 2011, 16:56:04
Taking a draw on his pipe the halfling continues " I am a farmer as you may guess from Lardwood farm where I raise the best damn ponies in the province. The farm  hard by the village of Harraton which is about three days south of here, if you didn't know it, and I am in need of some labour for my farm but not the common sort of farm hand because I may well have a job that needs doing which is beyond their skills" he winks some what conspiratorially at  Galdor


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 30 August 2011, 19:54:40
Selngil
Took his meagre supper into the corner where he sat on a pile of none to clean bedding took out a heavy book he had been carrying with him all day and began to read form it paying little attention to the rest of the room as if the book absorbed him utterly. He did not notice one of the other residents steal the bowl of poor stew he left to go cold at his side.



 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 September 2011, 16:24:28
Drums fingers on table wondering whether others will join in


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 September 2011, 18:24:45
Gizmo's here but doing the same and would appear to have an odd character any way :o & I have sent DeeBee the first draft of her character I therefore suggest we press on 


The Halfling continues "I am as I have told you lad a breeder of fine ponies the best there are and as such I am a bit of a rarity amongst my folk who are all dirt farmers  and not doing at all well thanks to the drought, and most of the bigger folk who do breed horses go for the bigger breeds they can ride naturally so my main competitors are gnomes who know their horse flesh to a point. Indeed I am sure if you want a pony which is good for chasing goblin raiders for days across the steppe well even I would have to concede that the scrawny little beardy bastards would be the people to go to. That said "he sucks his pipe" I wouldn't buy any of their wares for their looks or use in any other task, we have different markets so why in the name of the green are so many of the little beardy bastards trying to take me out of business? I have to wonder that"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 September 2011, 20:25:43
Galdor
"Well Master Proudifeet, I like what you are saying and if you need someone to help you out, then I am up for this. However, I have come to this city to try and find out anything about my father, Gileador, who I believe came this way.  I would like to at least spend a day or so asking around before leaving this place.  What say you?"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 02 September 2011, 03:39:31
"Indeed" Said the Halfling "and that would suit me fine because my trying to find out what the Beardy little bastards are up to and lad they have gone a bit beyond reasonable and attempts to buy me out they have  indeed tell me that the answer to my questions are to be found here in the city and involve a human hose trader caked Vrax something or other" The Halfling takes a draw on his pipe "he seems to be the one providing coin and quite a lot of it if the last time they came to buy my place is the measure it with two chests of gold coin!!"


Feel free to join in Deebee & Gizmo finishing character sheets can be done as we go along


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 02 September 2011, 04:23:00
Selngil
Looks up from his book and reaches for his meal not finding it he stands up and begins to look round noticing the strange pair chatting in the far corner for the first time whilst checking his coin purse to see if he has a copper for another bowl which he does not.



Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 06 September 2011, 15:36:29
Master Proudifut continues " I of course was having none of it, there have been Proudifoots on that land time out of mind and I am not going to give that up for any amount of coin. Which was when they started using well more aggressive tactics first bribing the hired help to leave, with better job offers and then frankly rustling some of my best stock. Though I cant prove that even if Ned saw them doing it if any one else had perhaps but Ned is bless him not all there and given to imagining stuff so I couldn't take that to the magistrate.

Still I snooped about a bit myself and between this and that I found the man or rather the gnome behind it seems to be called Helviticus Trevit not one of the Tribes Gnomes who had at fist approached me or had been seen sneaking and snooping but a good imperial gnome but still a bloody gnome and perhaps that's what matters. He runs a trading company here and has a large town house in the posh bit of Kultekakun. I did a bit of question asking but got no where and yesterday some on did over the inn room where I was staying so today I figured I need help" he looks at Galdor

"be yea up for that lad?" 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 06 September 2011, 15:55:53
Galdor
"Aye, you can count me in, rustling a mans cattle doesn't sit well with me"
"I'm Galdor"
Extends hand in greeting.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 06 September 2011, 17:32:54
Hugo takes Galdor's hand and shakes it he has a firm and callused grip for one so much smaller than Galdor

"good Ladie" he says and pases Galdor a small purse " consider it a down payment"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 06 September 2011, 17:47:45
Galdor
"Thank You kindly Master Proudifeet"
"Do seek others in this venture, while I am confident of my abilities I am but one Elf"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 06 September 2011, 17:54:45
Selngil
Conjurers a cup of water which is a poor replacement for his missing bowl of stew no mater how thin

& makes a perception roll to see if he can see what's going on in the corner

Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 06 September 2011, 18:01:37
sorry about the edit but I needed to add the +4 & couldn't remember how to I did reroll & got worse even with the +4 Lol


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 06 September 2011, 19:13:51
Galdor
"You say that this Helviticus Trevit character has a house here in town, I could go and have a look this night if you want"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 06 September 2011, 22:21:53
Hugo Prodifoot nods "that he does lad, your a man after my own heart, if a job needs doing dont put if off as me Gammer said, and a place of business too"

He quickly Gives directions to both locations


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 07 September 2011, 18:22:15
Note to GM did Selngil  see any thing?


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 11 September 2011, 16:47:01
Make a Perception Roll, please


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 11 September 2011, 19:45:36
I did but here goes again

Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7




Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 11 September 2011, 20:23:07
Ok Gizmo given your +5 perception bonus that's a 12  so you see some things but not every thing

 Whilst looking for his lost meal Selngil  sees the halfling sitting in the corner smoking, and hears the door go behind him as some one leaves the common room

What do you do next.....


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 12 September 2011, 13:43:00
Selngil
Well the bloody halfling wouldn't have stolen his dinner he looks far too rich & confident no one would rob him for his clothes so  able to handle himself more than likely. however any one going out from one of theses flea pits was up to no good. Selngil  wondered what else the thief might have taken form others. His blood up and his hand on his dagger hilt he hares off in pursuit.

Some Rolls

Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4

Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9

Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11

Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20


& damage

fist
Rolled 1d3+1 : 3 + 1, total 4

Rolled 1d3+1 : 3 + 1, total 4

Rolled 1d3+1 : 2 + 1, total 3


Dagger
Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3

Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 12 September 2011, 13:44:03
tell me what happens?

 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 12 September 2011, 15:04:21
Blinded by his anger (using the first roll of 9 including his perception bonus)Selngil storms out of the door and nearly colides with two figures who are standing in the street, both are dressed in clerical working garb and Selngil  recognises them as being from the celestial order


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 12 September 2011, 19:20:18
Selngil
Curses to himself when he notices the two he has nearly run in to are form the Celestial order as they are the last people he wants to get mixed up with again.

he quickly mumbles an apology and tries to move on



 >:Dcolor=orange]ginger[/color]



Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 14 September 2011, 15:24:23
I shall say to the figure that has bumped into us, "are you chasing the cestial too? I beleive it went this way" pointing and hurrying off in the direction of the parting figure.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 14 September 2011, 15:29:14
OOC this is getting complicated 

The man with blue hair mumbles an apology and seems to want to move on but Brother Adair is pointing at his hair & making little incoherent squeaking noises.

Make a Knowledge Religion roll  DC 15 please.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 14 September 2011, 16:28:20
OOC - But you wouldn't have it any other way, would you?  :)

Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1
(not sure what the mod is on this I guess +4 for Wisdom??


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 14 September 2011, 16:29:34
OOC I think the dice roller might be broken  :)


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 14 September 2011, 16:30:03
Sorry, replying to my own post here, but a 1... really?


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 14 September 2011, 16:34:08
I take it, from general awareness, that brother Adair's incoherrent squeaks indicates that this man is the celestial he saw in the street earlier?


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 14 September 2011, 18:15:26
I will PM Zarni & get to him fix the dice roller cos Zarni is Lovely & talented like that 


To Gottfried the man doesn't look all that unusual even his blur hair is likely dyed though how a man so apparently poor manages that he does not know perhaps a touch of the arcane, a petty spell or some such. However it is apparent that Brother Adair believes this man to be a celestial and is in awe of him because of it. 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 14 September 2011, 18:17:52
OOC the dice roller comment was tongue in cheek, I have managed to get some wonderfully low numbers with it too.  Let the dice fall where they may.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 14 September 2011, 18:21:48
OOC I know so has every one else but to Deebee goes the honour of the first "one" Rolled in the game though


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 14 September 2011, 20:28:33
To the fellow with blue hair I say "Please excuse my young acolyte staring so, he believes you are the physical incarnation of one of our celestial deities."

I shall dismiss Adair back to the temple and send him to go and contemplate the events of this evening to see what he can learn.

I turn back to the unusual fellow and address him again "Despite the mistaken identity, I do not believe in accidental coincidences, and it is my belief that our paths have crossed for a reason. Tell me why do you look so agitated?"

OOC - having read the threads I know the story and will assume he imparts at least the outline of the events.

"Hunger and thirst I can help with, come let me aide you while you tell me a little more of yourself," and assuming that during our exchange the "thief" has slipped away, "we can confront the person you pursue and suspect of stealing your meal later. I expect we will find him here again, once he has spent his ill-gotten gains if he is indeed the character you tell of. Come with me..."


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 15 September 2011, 14:40:40
I have prodded Gizmo but I suspect he is asleep the ginger dragon is getting a bit old & sleeps a lot


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 15 September 2011, 15:30:08
OOC he is not a bloody sleep lasifer he is working  not continually lurking on the Burger bar much as he might like to

Selngil

Rolls his eyes thinking not that again, but being a polite fellow dose not actually say that but answers the priests questions as he asks them.

 In answer to the first question

"I am Seeking the thief who stole the supper I spent all day labouring on a building site to earn & I am going to beat the cost of another out of them, I am sorry if that offends you but that is why I am in such haste" 

In answer to the second question

"where I not in haste i would love to discuss such matters with you but I have a supper thief to catch & whist I am aware of the Charity of the Celestial order I feel no need of it this night"

 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 15 September 2011, 15:46:20
Dismissed Brother Adair returns to his duties some what reluctantly, Gotfried senses that he would like to say much but has spoke far to much out of turn already tonight and rather regrets it


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 15 September 2011, 17:36:38
Over to you DeeBee


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 15 September 2011, 23:00:58
As I said I do not believe our meeting is an accident, if you are determined to find this fellow then please let me accompany you and see what transpires.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 16 September 2011, 04:14:36
Selengil
Groans inwardly but seeing that time is wasting nods ascent to the priest


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 16 September 2011, 12:59:37
While we are walking/running, and in between catching my breath, I ask "So friend I sense some apprehension in you towards the clergy? am I correct?"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 16 September 2011, 15:08:52
Selngil

"no not particularly" < Selngil lies> "just not to0 religious and would rather trust my own abilities than bother others how so ever powerful"

Start looking for tracks as the lack of a meal is making him rather grumpy & he wants to find the thief quickly.



 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 16 September 2011, 15:27:23
Deebee make a Sense motive roll with a DC of 11 if you would be so kind

The back alleys are not lit indeed the only light Gotfried can see seeps out form behind shutters and under doors and is more or less useless, and he finds the going more than a bit difficult. However it is readily apparent that Selengil is not having any where near this trouble.




Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 17 September 2011, 00:54:48
Rolled 1d20+8 : 15 + 8, total 23


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 17 September 2011, 03:48:00
OOC I think you caught poor Selngil  at it he is very defiantly  lying through his teeth as he has major issues with religion likely specifically with the Celestial order 


 >:Dginger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 19 September 2011, 10:58:21
I will not press him then at this moment on his religous reservations, simply accept that this is a discussion for another time.

As for now I say "well let us see if we can track down this alleged thief together, please proceed"
I am content to be lead for now as I still believe that our meeting was not by chance.

(If I am really struggling with the dark I will use a light spell on a coin - something that I can shade and conceal if we do need to use the cover of darkness)


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 20 September 2011, 12:15:26
OOC over to you Gizmo I had hoped you had got on with stuff whilst my Router died and had to be replaced, fun job for a Sunday when all the reputable computer stuff shops locally are shut



Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 20 September 2011, 16:09:13
Selengil
quietly takes the priest at his word & starts to look for tracks of the thief, difficult for him even in the half-light he can see in

Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18
Perception to spot the track +5 skill
Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9
Survival to follow any tracks he finds +3 Skill



 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 22 September 2011, 15:04:41
OOC Ok hoped that you guys would do this spontaneously but it would seem you need a woman's guiding hand so here goes

Selengil spots some tracks quite quickly they are of soft soled shoes and in the sludge that covers even the paved areas of the back alleys they are distinctive and easy to follow even if they take a meandering path first to the centre of town & then again they are seen not far form the Trevit wagon works

Gizmo DeeBee make a perception roll


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 23 September 2011, 11:20:53
Rolled 1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12


Perception roll as requested


 >:Dginger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 23 September 2011, 16:35:41
Rolled 1d20+4 : 17 + 4, total 21


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 23 September 2011, 20:37:09
Ok, Selengil hears some one running nearby but misses the figure sliding out of a side alley he has just passed dispute his having better night vision, but Gotfried sees it & not only because it steps in front of him 

Slug your on


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 23 September 2011, 23:56:41
OOC - Is this after I have cased both joints?

BTW - I have another train journey to Canada on Monday morning, so if anyone is on 4pm to 8pm UK time then I will be regularly visiting.  I have managed to wangle a flight back in the evening but only because the train was fully booked.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 24 September 2011, 04:26:49
OOC Slug yes its when you are on your way back to see the halfling after visiting both locations

lads this is where you all meet up so over to you


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 24 September 2011, 06:12:19
Galdor turns around, points at Gotfried and says quietly "what are you doing breaking curfew".
The other hand rests on the pommel of his dagger.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 24 September 2011, 10:19:46
Not having seen Galdor yet Selngil continues to look a head & work out where the running footsteps are coming from and if the are getting any closer or moving away.



 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 25 September 2011, 09:24:14
I may ask you the same question fair elf as you do not appear to be part of the watch and I suspect are not here in any official capacity. I grin  ;D

As to an answer to your question, I often have work to be done at this hour, what with tending the sick and infirm. However this eve I am on another errand, one which I must say has initiated itself in rather an unusual way but one that warrants pursuing to a suitable conclusion, however I also believe that what has presented itself so far is not all of the story. However enough of this train of thought for now, there is the immediate question to be answered.

I call Selngil, "Selngil, is this the person you believe stole your supper?


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 25 September 2011, 09:56:11
Selngil turns hearing the conversation behind him and looks the new arrival up and down before speaking, "I am not sure, he was in the common room talking to a halfling who looked distinctly out of place though" Selngil frowns "& he is also out after curfew, but then so are we"

He nods a Gotfried, "however a man in the company of a Priest of the Celestial order is not one likely to be up to no good"

 >:DGinger 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 25 September 2011, 16:14:08
The running feet get closer, it seems to be one set but its hard to be sure

OOC & congratulations gentlemen you have achieved objective one of the adventure & earned 150xp  :o at my own generosity here dont count on it lasting >:D 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 26 September 2011, 02:29:07
Galdor steps back into the shadows.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 26 September 2011, 13:53:26
"Not so fast" Selngils fingers flex into the casting pattern of force missile the word of power which would discharge it on the tip of his tongue.


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 26 September 2011, 16:04:25
OOC quick to anger are we?  Who knows what the approaching footsteps foretell. Makes mental note to have nothing to do with this character.
Now steaming up the West Coast but no WiFi on the train, thank heaven for smart phones.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 26 September 2011, 19:20:22
OOC Slug no just hungry tired & a bit stressed out because of the presence of the cleric, who he could do without for personal reasons 


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 26 September 2011, 21:17:13
Selngil, relax I say uncovering the coin with light cast on it.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 27 September 2011, 10:21:32
Selengil, reflexively lowers his hand and dismisses the word of power from his mind, perhaps he is overreacting.



 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 27 September 2011, 15:53:50
OOC good lad Gizmo this is supposed to be a party meeting up not a fight

Suddenly a woman with striking lavender skin & purple hair round the corner, she is in home spun travellers garb and a cuirass of scale armour she looks towards Gildor & smiles, showing razor sharp teeth "Good man you got some help" then at the rest of you " I am Merideth  Knight aspirant of the white order & I know none of you are evil"

Merideth seems to be more than a bit breathless which is rather distracting


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 27 September 2011, 15:58:52
Galdor - "Well met Merideth, those gnomes a bit quicker than you thought?  Maybe we should get off the street and not draw too much attention to ourselves" Winks at Gotfried, then raises eyebrows at Selengil.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 27 September 2011, 17:27:59
Gottfried smiles in acknowledgement to Galdor and the says "my church is not far from here, we will be safe there, if you are not too uncomfortable there Selngil? Beside there is food and drink and a warm fire..."

Gottfried smiles inwardly as he knew this meeting was no coincidence  :)


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 27 September 2011, 18:41:54
There is a debate all be it a brief one in Selengil's head before he nods assent to Gotfried's suggestion adding " food would be good"


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 28 September 2011, 03:05:40
Ok I am moving this to another thread The Priests Quarters & the Celestial Temple on Sparrow Street  

The night is cold & dark and there is much talk needing to be had & far better places to do it than in a street lit only by the stark light of a coin enchanted with a clerical light spell, So the group retrace their steps to the celestial temple & Gotfried lets every one in via the Priests private entrance & every one makes themselves comfortable in the Priests withdrawing room


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 27 October 2011, 03:51:44
The street is no more pleasant in the morning sunlight than it was at dusk & perhaps worse for the light picks out the decay and run-down nature of the area & draws attention to it. The street is busy with day labourers streaming out of the numerous flop houses, to they hope find work, with hawkers & pedlars hoping to garner the last of yesterdays wage and with those who by their eyes have lost all hope and stager towards the Celestial temple for a bowl of porridge to fortify themselves for a day of begging enough change to drink themselves into oblivion later.

At the flop house door its owner Lutz is sweeping out the debris of the night before.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 27 October 2011, 11:24:59
Selengil,
Prizes himself out of his seat to escape the sickening smell of Porridge  and follows the other two (Merideth & Galador) into the street he is hungry and has no coin for the street vendors, he sourly considers larceny but factoring his utter lack of skill at such things he decides against.

>:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 27 October 2011, 15:58:01
Galdor
Addressing himself to Lutz, "Sire, did a hobbit stay here last night, a rather well dressed fellow."


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 27 October 2011, 16:45:03
Lutz Looks pained  "nefer been an obit ere, filth they are, wuse than gnoms" he says and caries on sweeping his step


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 27 October 2011, 20:13:36
Galdor
Looking slightly stunned, glances up at the sign to check he has the right place (and assuming he has) turns to Merideth. "Maybe we should check with Selngil as he must have seen who I was talking with."

Turns back to Lutz "Sire, maybe the hobbit did not stay a night, do you recall one in your common room last night"

 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 27 October 2011, 21:42:46
Lutz looks at Galdor as if he is stupid and repeats "nefer been an obit ere, filth they are, wuse than gnoms" and adds gesturing for emphasis with his broom "Nefer a obit pas me door, not eat me good cooking or dirty me good beds" he draws breath "spawn of the unclean they are like... and he runs off inside and slams the door

behind Galdor Meredith giggles slightly & says "wow" quietly


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 27 October 2011, 21:46:11
Galdor
Turning to Merideth and frowning "well I am sure this is the place I met up with the hobbit, if Selngil rouses himself, he should be able to confirm this".
"Maybe we should return to the temple and get our heads together"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 27 October 2011, 22:19:34
"I am sure your right, but may be friend Lutz is lying?" looks a t the sleepy Selngil briefly as if prompting him before returning her unblinking gaze to Galdor  "people do that, annoying habit"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 28 October 2011, 16:23:48
Galdor
Looking at Merideth, "If you are sure about that then we should get to the truth"
Speaking quietly to Merideth
"We can try this the subtle way or the unsubtle way"
"The subtle way involves bribery, the unsubtle way involves violence, either real or implied.  Your call"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 28 October 2011, 22:24:23
"Subtle, I think Lutz is not evil even if he is not an example of shinning good"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 28 October 2011, 22:30:58
Galdor
Sighs, "Okay then."
Slides a gold piece (assuming there was gold in ther pouch Master Proudifeet gave me) under the door then knocks.
"Lutz, can we talk, it might be worth your while"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 29 October 2011, 19:24:18
There is no reply for some time and all that can be heard is the sound of slightly too vigorous sweeping, then some one comes to the door "not talking to them as hang out wi defils" comes the mumbled reply through the shut door, it sounds like its Lutz speaking


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 29 October 2011, 21:41:18
Selengil
having properly woken up during this odd display adds "what does he mean no halflings, there was defiantly a farmer type in the corner just before I went out hunting for a food thief"

OOC sorry is mini Beer & pretzels tomorrow & I am a bit rushed so not paying attention

 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 30 October 2011, 10:34:32
OOC I am watching the thread
When you get back I have a couple of ideas

Dm Note hold that thought & good to see you back, Gizmo is off playing with his toys today so he might be a bit slow posting, in which case I will go with Slug's input & assume he follows


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 31 October 2011, 16:12:38
Galdor
"Lutz, if I were to help get rid of the devils would you speak to me"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 31 October 2011, 16:35:06
Selengil
" I cant hear what he is saying get him to open the blasted door"

 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 31 October 2011, 19:40:42
there is the sound of banging on the door from the inside, then Lutz your sure its him mumbles "kill the bitch"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 31 October 2011, 20:05:14
Selengil,
 "I think we might need to batter that door down, can you hear what is going on behind there as all I can hear sounds like some one in trouble"

makes a spell ready in case of need.


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 31 October 2011, 20:44:33
Galdor
Lowers his voice so only Selengil and Merideth can hear "Keep him talking, I will find a back way in"
Runs around to the back of the flophouse.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 31 October 2011, 20:57:25

Selengil

nods and steps forward trying to be his most diplomatic self "Lutz friend what troubles you so"

 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 31 October 2011, 21:55:44
Merideth moves forward behind Selengil but does not speak and tries to remain quiet. Lutz however does clearly despite being slightly muffled by the shut door. "the Defil sares Lutz cos of wut they did to im last time"

Galdor sneaks around the back with no difficulty finding the place even more run down and almost derelict. As far as Galdor can see it would be quite easy to get into the place should he wish to.

mean while back in the street Lutz continues to talk to Selengil through the door at some length recounting that he was taken as a slave by devil cultists in the east and came here after he escaped to stay away form them & now one of them has found him.

OOC this gives Galdor all the time he needs to do what he wants to do Selengil needs to make a sense motive check with a DC of 15


over to you lads


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 31 October 2011, 22:03:46
Galdor
Galdor works out the quickest and quietest way in.
Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5

Assuming he is successful he will make his way to the front observe Lutz and make sure there is no one else present.  Assuming he is alone, Galdoe says in a loud voice "Open the door Lutz and let my friends in"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 31 October 2011, 22:36:49
OOC with Gildor +8 for stealth it is as the DC was only 10 with him being distracted by the others outside

Lutz dosent notice Gildor  until he speaks at which point he spins round holding the broom like a pole arm "no again die is better" he looks almost frenzied.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 31 October 2011, 22:39:32
Galdor
Arms outstretched "Relax Lutz, no-one will harm you.  As I said before, I just want a little bit of information and can make it worth your while, that is if you like gold coins?"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 November 2011, 05:17:33
OOC make a bluff check DC 12


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 November 2011, 13:51:20
Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 November 2011, 16:04:48
OOC oh dear since Gildor's bluff modifier is +0 that is a fail

Lutz looks even more terrified and makes a wild lunge at Gildor with the broom, using it spear wise

OOC Lutz rolls
Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7
for initiative every one else roll initiative please 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 November 2011, 16:05:57
Galdor
Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 November 2011, 16:08:46
ooc slug that was bloody quick I thought I could disappear & feed the cat

Gildor is faster & dodges the first wild lunge but what to do next


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 November 2011, 16:10:33
Galdor
Unlock the door to get Selengil and Merideth in there


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 November 2011, 16:21:00
Gildor dodges round the flailing who is swinging the broom with great force but fortunately little skill and finds the door to be secured only by a wooden bar the bar is easily moved but dodging Lutz makes it harder

OOC make a reflex save DC 15 or suffer
Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3
damage




Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 November 2011, 16:22:35
Galdor

Rolled 1d20+7 : 15 + 7, total 22


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 November 2011, 16:39:22
Gildor doges easily and flips the bolt up with ease despite Lutz's flailing broom handle. Merideth steps into the door raising her hand and creating a great light "In the name of the White Lady I give you peace and in her name I stand  between you and all evil"

Lutz does a double take and faints

OOC lets see what Gizmo adds before moving on but log yourself a hundred xp for Gildor well done


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 01 November 2011, 18:04:03
Selengil

covers his eyes against the glare caused by Merideth & follows her in to the flop house common room


 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 November 2011, 18:15:50
Galdor
Looking for his gold coin on Lutz while he is out cold "Damn, that was harder than it should have been"
Looking at Merideth "Maybe we should have tried option B" and grins.
"Okay, lets get friend Lutz here comfortable and wake him up.  I want to know why he denies the presence of the Hobbit and why he thinks they are the devil"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 01 November 2011, 18:59:40
Merideth grins her disturbing grin " possibly, but Lutz isn't evil so we have to try plan A first"

every one lifts the stunned half Ork onto one of the flop house beds and Merideth props him up with pillows before laying hands on him which wakes him he looks startled but no longer terrified. "how" he says to the world in general.





Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 01 November 2011, 20:04:53
Selengil
stands in the background a bit and wonders what he has got himself into

 >:DGinger


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 01 November 2011, 22:03:15
Galdor
Puts hand up in greeting "How"
"Lutz, just relax and remember back to last night."
"A hobbit was in your common room sitting over there" gesticulates "I know because I was sitting next to him and being offered work"
"It was just before the distracted one" nods at Selengil "jumped up and stormed out of here claiming someone stole his food"
"Tell me what you remember"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 02 November 2011, 05:30:07
OOC make a diplomacy check against a DC of 10 as I feel the role playing makes up for the characters lack of skill it would have been 15 otherwise

Lutz mumbles "Paladin" but tries not to look  directly at Merideth focusing on Galdor


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Deebee on 02 November 2011, 10:45:09
OOC Nearly missed all of this as I couldn't find it on the forum as it was buried deep on an existing thread. We could do with some way do delinating the start of a new encounter...


OOC I thought I had but I shall try harder, I am trying to keep it to a thread per location so as not to clutter up Zarni's boards too much he is such a sweetie & I would not want to upset him. If Gizmo has not spammed the board all relevant posts will be in the section at the top & bottom of the forum front ?index Page  


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 02 November 2011, 15:47:42
OOC Hmm diplomacy, not a strong suit for Galdor.
Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 02 November 2011, 15:54:01
OOC at last the dice come good

Galdor
Smiles at Lutz and looks over at Merideth "Yes, she does seem to be doesn't she"
"Anyhow Lutz, lets think back to last night and a certain hobbit.  Whilst you may think down on them, this one was in your common room, am I correct?"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 02 November 2011, 17:57:10
Lutz is persuaded and speaks calmly if not exactly confidently.

"Lutz is onest & them paid him not to say about 'obbits because it wuz a defil 'shiper and needed catching and anging till it was choked well an good"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: EvilGinger on 02 November 2011, 18:55:06
Selingil
whispers so Lutz cant hear "some one bribed him but who and why?"

 >:DGinger

 


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 02 November 2011, 19:06:23
Galdor
Nods at Selngils observation
Smiles at Lutz (a friendly smile) "But Lutz, we have already established the Hobbit was here, why don't you tell us who paid you to keep quiet about this."
"It may be that someone was wrong about the Hobbit.  We really need to know what happened to the little fellow.  Believe me it could be worth your while" Chinking coin pouch ostentatiously.


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 02 November 2011, 19:29:51
"Lutz will talk cos you have a kind face & the defil woman is a paladin of the lady and lutz owes er big, o yes he dose efen if she, some time anit picky about the people she chooses as her paladins" he screws up his face as if in real pain " They said they where the 'quisition of the celestial order and they looked like it order robes with lots of flimflam on them and half a dozen temple guard too. They paid Lutz a big lot of gold, more than he can count, not to mention the 'obbit to his confederates" Lutz seems to be very pleased about the last word and it sounds like a direct quote.



Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 02 November 2011, 19:34:09
Galdor
Looks Lutz directly in the eye, but still keeps smiling "So, did these 'quisition people and guards take the hobbit away with them?"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 03 November 2011, 01:20:47
Lutz says "I wont lie but I haven't seen the 'obbit since he left last night, I dont know where he went prolly some 'sensive place in the town centre"

he pauses "& I sware by the lady I said nofinc to the 'quisition bout that"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 03 November 2011, 16:11:16
Galdor
Looks at Merideth and Selengil and raises eyebrows
"Well assuming you speak the truth, a rare commodity nowadays, then we should forget this little conversation, in case the inquistion come back"
Looks at the other two "Shall we be about our business"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 03 November 2011, 20:36:12
OOC Galdor make a sense motive check DC 10 please

Lutz nods "I swear by the lady I aint nefer seen any of you & anit had any sort of talk wiv you"



Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 03 November 2011, 21:41:02
Rolled 1d20+4 : 17 + 4, total 21


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: slug on 03 November 2011, 21:42:50
Galdor

"Of course you haven't Lutz.  Because if you had then I would dread to think of the revenge that my friend" nods at Merideth "would wreck on you in a locked room"


Title: Re: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun
Post by: Hard Rain on 04 November 2011, 04:22:34
to Galdor in a horse whisper which Lutz hopefully wont hear Meredeth says "I dont torture people I am a bloody paladin" looks over her shoulder at Selengil and adds "but he might"

then Louder so all can hear "I think we need to talk to Brother Gottfried now I believe the morning rite will be over by now"

OOC unless any one has any more to say here I will be making a new active thread for the conversation with Gottfried in the temple of the Celestial order