Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 April 2024, 16:36:43 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
A beach house isn`t just real estate. It`s a state of mind. - Old Man
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Wizards' D&D Wednesdays' Campaign  (Read 15083 times)
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2010, 20:27:33 »

I think we'll work something out when we have some more characters up, tbh. Smiley

We've half the party, tops, right now after all.
Slatie
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2010, 12:33:02 »

Hi

Having read the stuff on the web site (below if you've not been there yet), This is what I make of it all

Go here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Event.aspx?x=dnd/4new/event/dndencounters

SOME seasons allow you to use your own character, with the first season allowing you to.

I'm guessing each season is made up of two or three campains and once these are done you've finished that season

There is no character carry over from one season to another (though some of the rewards do)

I have just been reading the forum and it appear that the Wednesday and 'In Store' are fix because there will be stuff connected to the adventure on social media (twitter, blogs, etc.) and perhaps even more game related twists (how this would work over the time differences though? So it can't be that solid).  I would think and a Forum reply from WotC seems to confirm this, is that the Wednesday thing is more about the advertising and giving everyone a firm day and place, ie. Advertising from WotC, by default, advertises the event at Spirit (or wherever).  Sanctioning (whatever this is) will ONLY be available for Wednesdays. If the advertising says Wednesday then someone new could walk into a shop expecting a game to be running that day. Though they could be corrected it's not ideal.

I'm getting the feeling that this event is not really for establish DnD player groups but to try and encourage a new group of people to come in and try it - This would be the payoff for the shops and WotC.  Perhaps the established groups would provide DM's for the new groups.  Could this not be an opportunity for others to DM if they wished too?  Could some of us be running games, in the shop, during the day - It appears that it is the intent of WotC to have games running, instore, for people to join in on, when the come in to do some shopping.  A session is on one encounter (1 to 2 hours max).

And at that I give up because as stated in other posts there's so much contradictory info that it's impossible to see the Wizards for the Coast.

Toast me a kipper I'll be home for Breakfast.
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #17 on: 27 February 2010, 17:39:00 »

Well, Phil will likely have enough kits to do a daytime drop-in style thingy if and when he wants to, I understand our part of the bargain is to, (if we are interested and able) do a few to make it easier for him to hit the weird 'minimum games' thingy to get the latter part/nebulous reward.

Frankly, I don't see any silly social networking element being a sufficient bribe to force it to be universally wednesday only, and if the game is unplayable without that, then it'll likely fall flat pretty impressively. I think most of the sillyness is just marketing throwing it's toys out of the pram, really, though I'm looking forward to actually trying it out.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #18 on: 27 February 2010, 17:50:54 »

well, keeping people in the dark about what is required of them, eh? I guess i won't know anything for sure until i am almost running the game. Thanks wizards!

...Although i suppose we might be seen to be a bit hasty. I mean, what do we want to do some forward planning for? It's not like we've all got lives to arrange things around.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2010, 17:53:34 by Dat » Logged

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2010, 19:25:30 »

Yes, i'm replying to myself.

I don't have the kit yet, but will demand that it is in store on Saturday (Caturday). Also, i am pissed that more information is hidden somewhere on a different site (the community forum) under a pile of dung i have no desire to sift through. I am however obsessed with the 'Renown Point Accomplishments' players will earn and may turn them into something more....graphical, with....console/mmo...parodies.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2010, 23:20:47 »

There's also some kind of DM Rewards thing, if you register a certain number of games played (With the DCI numbers of the players) that apparently can result in actual physical prizes.

Which is nice.

If we all end up with DCI numbers, it might be worth our various DM's looking into going along with this, if we/you can figure it out, so we can all get free stuff for playing our normal everyday private wednesday games...
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2010, 07:53:17 »

Just to say I have hold of the Dark Sun encounters thingy and I am prepared to run it if any one is interested I was thinking of doing it on Friday alongside the magic game at the shop as Wednesdays are pretty much full. Having said which every other wednesday alongside the changeling game is a possibility as is in the shop in the day.

BTW can we try to start TIKI's game earlier as I feel particularly ill this morning due to staying up well past my bed time yesterday even if it was worth it.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2010, 17:44:23 »

I would be interested in the campaign, (at the very least in theory), but the most important thing is seeing who else is interested, and when they can make it. I would suggest poking Bob via whatever other communication avenue you have, and I will similarly nudge Dust at the Coopers later.

Slatie checks the boards now and again, so hopefully he'll catch this thread and let us know directly. Smiley
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2010, 03:28:37 »

I would suggest poking Bob

I have done, but I need at least four people to run using the Pre-generated characters in the pack. So Roll up roll up

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Slatie
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #24 on: 25 June 2010, 20:36:30 »

And check it I have!

I'm up for what ever it is  Smiley

Wasn't there Wednesday... I know this is hard to believe but I had too much work!

Should be all down hill to the holidays from Monday so I'll not be bothered / worried when the campain is run

Toast me a kipper I'll be home for Breakfast.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: