Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
24 April 2024, 00:40:35 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Missiles? Don`t make me laugh. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mergers and Acquisitions  (Read 2570 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 18 November 2014, 01:03:57 »

So this is not about a game but the relentless Asmodee swallows up another company, this time FFG to go along with other recent acquisitions like Days of Wonder.

Does this mean a brighter future for gaming as these companies are freed to go back to just developing great games with the hassle of the day to day business stuff or does it mark the slow relentless fall into obscurity.

Time will tell of course but I wonder if this is a good thing? mergers in others walks of commercial life are rarely mutually beneficial longer term as one or both lose their individual identity.
I hope these all work out well and our hobby goes from strength to strength but I have a concern that these are happening far too quickly, barely enough time to merge systems and people before the next. There is also the fear that they overstretch their financial ability to cope with all these divergent companies and are forced to liquidise some assets to stay afloat.

I hope they have a well thought out strategy and I further hope that this will spark a continued period of inspired game design and publishing. I have to confess though that I am crossing a lot of fingers as well as praying to the gaming gods to give them a fair wind and calm seas.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: