Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 16:50:14 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
The Great Hyperloic Omnicognate Neutron Wrangler can talk four legs off an Arcturan Megadonkey but only I can persuade it to go for a walk afterwards. - Deep Thought
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Quick Recap...  (Read 12109 times)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« on: 01 March 2010, 15:47:33 »

So, I'd just like to make sure that we all remember where we left off in the last session, since it's so knife's edge insane psychotically dangerous...

We had solved the puzzle of the map, and through a combination of using our brains and sheer dumb luck (as far as I can tell) we got to our destination, the Demesne of the (C?)Korrigan Briar Witch.

We were scouting around a bit trying to see what's what (the Bladeling Monk-ey and Nilvara) when Quil'eska wandered over and we seemed to be spotted. Unfortunately at the exact moment when Nilvara happened to be telling the two with her the exact reason for why they were all here. Nilvara was mentioning her opinion of the gargoyles and how she thought they may prove a hindrance to getting into the castle, when a voice piped up from above us saying 'Don't be silly, they're made of stone.' We looked up to find a small eladrin like figure with slightly scruffy short dark hair sitting in the tree above us. Nilvara proceeded to become highly flustered and nervous, Zaine wandered over, the 'eladrin' made a comment about how Curly had a very nice dwarf, and Zaine said 'Why's your hair different to everyone else's?' and we faded to black.

Now, I mentioned before I read the DM's long posts, that Nilvara had an incling that she was standing before the Fey Lord of the Demesne, aka Korrigan herself, hence the extreme nervousness. Let me say it blatantly, I believe that Zaine's comment about her hair will get us in to even more hot water, in other words, it seems to be a sensitivity judging by her expression. Therefore, what happens next should be interesting in the 'that doesn't mean good for us' sense.

I believe that what may happen is that we may be forced into some sort of deal, if not for the Mirror (the reason for us being here) then just to get out of this with our lives and free will intact. My personal opinion of Fae is that they are chaotic in the truest sense of the word, not just in the alignment sense. This may bleed over into Nilvara's opinion of the Fae in general, the greater fae at least if not the more everyday types like eladrin and gnomes. Deals with them inevitably come down to them wanting something thats prescious to YOU or something that may be somewhat confusing or meaningless to you, but that THEY want. It could be that you'd get away with simply handing over the cloak you're wearing or that you may have to give them your next newborn child. Now considering the types of people we have in this party, that sort of deal may become somewhat interesting, as I think there are a few of us who wouldnt MIND giving up their next offspring...But there are a few who would i.e. Nilvara ( my character ) Whichever way it goes, we all know that it's going to be truly unpredicatable ( even for the DM, as players do things you never see coming ) my fondest wish is simply to get out of this alive.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2010, 20:26:33 »

i'm thinking that it's going to be hard for anyones' character to die as the DM is not evil enough. This is not a taunt, but simple fact. Faeries may be cruel, twisted etc. but DM pity will make it hard for someone to be gutted alive unless PCs continue to stick their foot in it, punning along the way.

Regarding horrible deals and tasks for us, - whether for our lives or the mirror, i'm sure it is a safe bet. After all, we are the queens' new playthings.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2010, 23:22:00 »

For Quileska death may not be the end of her existance but she is in no hurry to die.

We should gain some insight in to what she is like.  It is possible that Korrigan like blunt honesty.  If not then we should try turning the comment in to flattery.

I suspect that we will have to cut a deal.  (Quileska will understand what a deal means and be apprehensive about how much it will really cost)

We could be facing some strangeness and horror that is beyond what we have experienced before
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2010, 13:20:08 »

No kidding.

Although, I don't know about the other characters, but my character is no real stranger to strangeness and horror. This will be an 'interesting' session, especially since half the group havent read my post. Nilvara will try her best to talk us out of too many horrible fates.

I'm terribly excited and nervous.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2010, 18:19:07 »

"ask not for whom the bell tolls"

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Slatie
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2010, 21:09:32 »

Dear Agony someone

Being 250+ years (and 2.5 additions) out of date and a long way from home I strongly suspect I may be missing something... I now feel a little happer with clean (for 24 hours) armour and it has to be said you can't go to far wrong with clean armour but what really makes me feel better is some serious evil (or at least bad) guys killing... actually it doesn't have to be serious, I get a nice endorphin high from a minor altercation or a bar of chocolate (a new substance from a far off land).  What I'm trying ask is a) who's is the silly woman we've just given a nice lute too and b) why has nothing died yet?  I'll leave c) why is there two drow I'm supposed to be nice too, till the sky's the right colour and the plants stop eating things.

Yours confused
Mordoran

Toast me a kipper I'll be home for Breakfast.
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2010, 23:42:19 »

Slatie.  I think it will be interesting how our characters could develop.  You character will take a while to get to trust my character.

Quileska is a little inept and not very good a bargaining or being sneaky (one of the major reasons she left her home - she is definitely not cut out for Drow society).  But she is loyal to those who follow her and fight by her side.  She is brave on the battlefield (the only thing she is any good at is fighting).

I think her accidental bargain will be disturbing for her (and give Tiki a number of terrifying plot ideas)
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2010, 13:43:54 »

i had no idea the knight was so interesting. If only he could stop punning and start saying these interesting things in the game more.  Wink

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2010, 00:53:54 »

Right, so that I can get rid of at least SOME of my enthusiasm before the game... I think another quick recap is in order Cheesy Just so that we all remember where we were last.

If I recall, we ended the last session with us all 'safely' returned to Sigil, City of Doors. Uh... some of us went to Nilvara's place... had a few drinks... oh, can't forget to mention the GOBLINS.

The mercenaries completed their contract by accompanying Nilvara on her errand to aquire a certain mirror. Along the way we encountered several interesting individuals including a bladeling monkish type, a shifty looking fellow who may or may not be a drow, a man who seems to have been a piece of stone for a good while and a pixie in a jar.

We met a curious (in several ways) Fae Lord and narrowly escaped with out lives... although some mannaged to make promises that they'll have to keep... and the mirror... minus a few precious belongings *sniff*

We left that awkward and confusing place and returned to Sigil to discover it overrun with goblins. (I think someone could make a hefty sum advertising as an exterminator at the moment...) A few of the company (a loose term) elected to remain on the airship, and a few decided to accompany Nilvara to complete the Mirror delivery and to recieve their payment. Which they did... in full. *ahem* The goblins notwithstanding, it was a pleasant affair and some of those who went along with Nilvara were treated to a sampling of some of the rare vintages in her collection... others were persuaded to have the 'cheaper' stuff...

And I THINK thats where it ended. Please, DM and other players, feel free to add to what I've posted, my memory may be faulty after all ^_^
« Last Edit: 22 June 2010, 00:56:07 by morgalahan » Logged

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2010, 00:55:32 »

That is infact where it ended.
Tombwalker
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #10 on: 22 June 2010, 12:00:44 »

Question relating to the mechanics of the games.  What level are the characters now???  I Can't remeber what happened re this.  I think I may have been abscent (whether there or not) at that point.  I'm sure I would have remembered having fun with a goblin!

Tiki, if you need loads of Gobo's or similar, pm me with numbers.  Preferably before tomorrow.  Though I'm not sure I want to know!

Death is the only certanty in life,
how you get there and how much fun you have on the way
is only limited by your own imagination.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2010, 13:32:55 »

We're level 12 now. No goblin mini's needed I think, as they were more of a story element and can be squished by our characters without even trying. Cheesy

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #12 on: 22 June 2010, 19:52:42 »

dont say stuff like that Tiki is evil enough without you giving him ideas, Goblins are not the 1-1 HD creatures of yore any more  Grin

EvilGinger

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« Reply #13 on: 23 June 2010, 04:15:48 »

These ones were, luckily enough.

Though I'm pretty sure that one of them successfully stole Bob or michelle's characters Belt.
Whilst they were wearing it.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2010, 04:18:27 »

Grin LoL indeed  Grin

Keep up the good work old chap

EvilGinger

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up