Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 20:44:39 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
If you can call it a robot. I`ts more a sort of electronic sulking machine. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mirror is Whole, and so is the Group... Apparently  (Read 3045 times)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« on: 04 March 2010, 01:11:49 »

I have been asked by our wonderful DM to create 'last time on' posts for our 'A Thousand Shattered Mirrors' adventures. Please forgive me if my memory proves faulty, but I will try to give faithful and accurate descriptions of what went on in the sessions.

*Fade to colour*

Zaine mannaged to get away with his comment about Corrigan's hair, by the skin of his teeth it seemed. Most of us dissembled for a while about our reasons for being here in Corrigan's garden... but Nilvara eventually faced up to the fact that she probably had an idea anyway and decided to bite the bullet by being honest. Not always the wisest course of action, but it seemed to work out. Zaine was trying his brutal form of honest flattery, Quileska was being flowery and while doing so offered her services to Corrigan. Nilvara's look of shocked horror may have tipped her off that this wasnt a wise move, but it's happened and now Quil has something she'll be doing in the future...

Eventually Nilvara revealed to Corrigan that she was here for the Mirror. What took place next could be described as bartering if you were being optimistic. Meanwhile, the Bladeling seemed intoxicated/drugged up and was wearing a monacle. He didnt say much during the session, for obvious reasons. Rayvil seemed to have snuck off during the conversation, after quietly going off to 'wait in the corner'. Corrigan decided to give Quil a gift, since she so nicely offered her services... and now Quileska seems to be in possession of an old fashioned human male, who clearly doesnt like drow and seems most taken with the dwarf. He was, at the begining of the session, a statue and had apparently been so for two hundred or so years. Quil seems to 'own' him and he is under two curses apparently. Fats was quiet during the session, wiselly choosing not to reveal much about himself or his reasons for being around. The bargaining settled down to an offer of Nilvara's prized lute, Quileska's drow dagger and the action of Quil shaving Fats, fully. Many hilarious antics ensued which involved Quil chasing Fats around Corrigan's garden, liming him in darkfire, using her darkness on him, but he mannaged to elude her. Luckily all of this was amusing enough to Corrigan that she agreed to the deal without the shaving actually taking place, which saves all our sanity and the moderate happiness of a surly, disgruntled and unimpressed dwarf.

Once the group had been gathered together again after all of this, the lute was handed over as was the dagger. We were told where to find the Mirror ( and the dwarf, who had wandered off ) and set off with the faerie Buttercup as our currently willing guide ( because Corrigan said so *nervous nod* ). We made our way through the fae wild without further mishap, came to the Grave Tree where the Mirror was being kept. We there encountered a small girl who was 'being kept for the Blood Thorn' in a cave who was eating her breakfast. She seemed fairly young and somewhat lonely, but only Quileska and Rayvil seemed interested in talking with her as Nilvara refused to have anything to do with anything other than what she was here for. They chatted away about boats and the sea. We got the Mirror out of the cave where the girl was living, and as we were leaving the girl handed Quil a picture she had drawn of Rayvil and Quil on a boat on the sea. The drawing was signed 'By Amelie'...

*fade to black*
« Last Edit: 04 March 2010, 06:56:43 by morgalahan » Logged

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2010, 01:20:55 »

I'll give you this addition for free;

Corrigan mentioned in passing that she can't play at being a Queen any-more ( *Sad Face*) Because a beastly (and slightly scruffy) dwarf took hers. Just walked right in to her bedroom while she was sleeping and took it!

It really was a lovely crown that fit into her war-hat (Helmet), and she'll just have to find another one. Stupid Dwarf.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2010, 18:25:31 »

regarding me quitting the campaign. I wish to say that it is because i felt it was too hard for me to roleplay my way out of my characters' situation.

I was used to my character being picked on, but felt it had to be resolved within the session to stop it getting worse. Unfortunately, i was in a misery/paranoia/ spiral and could not bring myself to master some characterful roleplaying to get it done. Instead i thought it would be easier for me to quit the game rather than confidently impose myself on the group with a big speech about fats having enough of the tomfoolery at his expense. In short, i was unhappy and lacked the confidence to resolve my characters problem with the group.

Im sorry i quit, but i just keep having problems roleplaying when im not in the mood. Having fats picked on all session meant it was only natural for him to want to go and wait in the ship for a bit for his employer to finish what she was doing. It also meant i didn't have to roleplay. I dont wish to repeat this situation, but i don't know what to do to stop it when i get like that. - Other than shut up.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2010, 18:13:18 »

Well, if you simply don't want to play, that's ok. No point you being there if you don't want to be. I've got the situation covered, so it shouldn't provide any really disruption to the plot. Next session takes place as planned, Wednesday 7pm, with or without you.

I think that given it took the team two sessions to even begin to understand how to get about in the Feywild, it was perhaps a little out of character for him to simply walk off, and as for being picked on, you can play your character how you like but you should expect people to react honestly. The way you were sassing the Fey, you're lucky worse didn't happen really, and the other players have been nothing if not tolerant.

I'm not going to try to beg or bribe you to be there. I did have plot-hooks planned that involved Fat's and his Pig, but nothing I can't live without using. To put it simply, continue or do not continue. It's entirely your call and the game will continue just fine either way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: