Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
18 April 2024, 23:43:57 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m sorry , I just don`t believe a word of it. - Ford Prefect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 122   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous Galnet News  (Read 407568 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2015, 10:45:07 »

Aisling Duval Speaks About Her Father

Aisling Duval Speaks About Her Father For the first time Aisling Duval revealed a little of the state of mind of her father Harold, on “Late Night with Aaron Smith”. He is no longer considered by many as heir to the throne, following the Emperor’s formal declaration that he is not of sound mind. “My father is a kind man. A gentle man. A thoughtful man. He has always loved parties, and some have criticised him for that. It has perhaps taken its toll on him too. He is only seventy, but does look a lot older now I’ll admit, but that hasn’t taken away his kindness. “His father has always disliked him, and that is something I can’t understand. I suppose it is fair to say they dislike each other. I’m sure many of the things Harold said and did in his earlier years were to annoy Hengist, but rebelling against a parent is not such unusual behaviour for a youngster? Taking away his throne though is a spiteful act.” It is clear from the social media response to her comments that she has...

Aisling Duval Speaks About Her Father
Source: Aisling Duval Speaks About Her Father
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2015, 10:45:08 »

Shadow President Hudson Supports Navy

Shadow President Hudson Supports Navy In what is usually a quiet time for politics the Shadow President has given an interview to support Admiral Vincent. “Our military forces have always operated independently of government. In fact some of the worst events in our long history were caused by political meddling in military matters. President Halsey is out of order to distance herself as she has. Our forces need to be able to enforce the law in far flung systems, and we should be pleased that they do so very well. It is clear that sometimes the law they are enforcing is the problem, and it is up to Halsey to change that.” If it is indeed the case that these actions took place without direct orders from the President it suggests a rift between the beleaguered President and her top Admiral.

Source: Galnet News
Source: Shadow President Hudson Supports Navy
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #32 on: 07 February 2015, 10:45:08 »

Federal Shadow President Demands Conscription

Federal Shadow President Demands Conscription In the traditional speeches that mark the re-opening of Congress after the holiday, Congressman and Shadow President Zachary Hudson has outlined his views for the coming year. In a long speech highly critical of his opponent President Halsey, the only new element was his criticism of Federal youth, “We need to get the unemployed lazy youth of our core systems off their backsides. They need to get off their sims, and in to the real world to do something useful. We need to counter the Imperial threat. Let’s get them into the Marines and the Navy. Let’s spend our tax credits on protection, not sloth. The Navy never did me any harm.”

Source: Federal Shadow President Demands Conscription
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #33 on: 07 February 2015, 15:45:05 »

Federal President Announces Tax Rises in New Year

Federal President Announces Tax Rises in New Year In a move causing shockwaves throughout Federal space, President Halsey has announced that Federal tax increases . “I am sorry and I appreciate people are frustrated about this, but I have to announce further Federal tax rises. This is to cover our ever increasing welfare burden, and high military spending.” Federal taxation is already a problem throughout Federal space, and this squeeze where the frontier worlds are effectively supporting the rich core systems is causing unrest amongst the frontier states. Commentators have suggested the Shadow President’s speech yesterday was triggered by some inside knowledge or leak from the President’s staff. Confidence ratings of the President are now at an all-time low.

Source: Federal President Announces Tax Rises in New Year
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #34 on: 07 February 2015, 15:45:06 »

Durius Fights Back

Durius Fights Back The armed conflict between Senator Patreus ’Imperial forces and those of the impoverished Durius system continues. Patreus is paying well for outside assistance, but an exhausted Governor Malachai has spoken out, “What can we do? Our people are dying. We cannot pay even the interest on these crippling debts. Those irresponsible fools that accepted this money in the first place are long gone, but we are left to pick up the pieces. How can we ever hope to get out of this hell?” “I call on those independent governments out there, like ours thinking of getting into debt with this evil Senator to think twice. We are forced to protect our homes because that is all we have left.”

Source: Durius Fights Back
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #35 on: 07 February 2015, 15:45:06 »

Sanna in Bid to Leave Federation

Sanna in Bid to Leave Federation The Congressman for Sanna, Marcus Albertson has given a speech to his own parliament in Sanna. “Federal taxes are holding back our progress. We say we have democracy but what can we change? Our coffers are sucked dry by the Federation, as they lord it over us – what do we get in return? We get one vote in Congress. One vote! We are powerless. I suggest we get no votes in Congress and keep our money and our freedom! I suggest we leave the Federation immediately!” His speech was met by cheers, not just from his own party, but from the opposition too.

Source: Sanna in Bid to Leave Federation
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #36 on: 07 February 2015, 20:45:07 »

Aisling Duval Lashes Out Against Torval

Aisling Duval Lashes Out Against Torval Aisling Duval provided a colourful outburst while discussing Senator Torval’s home system Synteini on the lifestyle show ‘Favourite Holidays’. "Torval is a horrible, twisted old lady. We have no beggars or people going hungry on the streets as they are down HER mines working their fingers to the bone, starving in private!" Senator Torval, now back in Synteini for the holiday celebrations responded, “I wouldn’t set any store by her childish outbursts. She doesn’t know what she is talking about. A happy New Year and Empire Day to all.”

Source: Aisling Duval Lashes Out Against Torval
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #37 on: 07 February 2015, 20:45:08 »

Arissa Lavigny Gives Revealing Interview and Pledges Continuity with Blaine

Arissa Lavigny Gives Revealing Interview and Pledges Continuity with Blaine On the Imperial Herald political show Arissa Lavigny gave a long and detailed interview, hinting that the Emperor’s status was not as serious as some claimed. "We've heard a lot of debate between the honourable Denton Patreus, Aisling Duval, and Zemina Torval, but we need to look at the Empire itself. We need continuity, not in-fighting. His Excellency Chancellor Anders Blaine has served my father well for over five decades. Soon my mother will finally marry my father, but rest assured if and when the time comes I will serve the Empire as best I can, will bring continuity and stability." Share prices on Imperial markets have already risen in pre-holiday trading.

Source: Arissa Lavigny Gives Revealing Interview and Pledges Continuity with Blaine
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #38 on: 07 February 2015, 20:45:08 »

Federal Shadow President Demands Lower Taxes

Federal Shadow President Demands Lower Taxes In a statement Shadow President Hudson announced his sympathy for Sanna. “Our taxes are crippling those we most need to help. We waste it on bureaucracy and the lazy. We should be supporting and protecting hard working States like Sanna.” It is understood a Federal Battlecruiser will be deployed some time in the New Year to provide a venue for discussions, and to help Sanna remain within the Federation.

Source: Federal Shadow President Demands Lower Taxes
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #39 on: 08 February 2015, 11:45:08 »

Torval puts Aisling Duval in Her Place

Torval puts Aisling Duval in Her Place Senator Torval was secretly recorded last night at a private New Year’s Eve party referring to Aisling Duval in terms not very becoming for a Senator, and her speech was a little slurred, "That vacuous bimbo will do anything to annoy her grandfather. Especially if it is popular. She's a spoilt brat and needs a lesson in reality. She’s got a vague memory of what her father believed when he still had a brain, and she parrots that back whenever she can." We were unable to contact Senator Torval for comment, but are confident Imperial hang-over medication will be very effective.

Source: Torval puts Aisling Duval in Her Place
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #40 on: 08 February 2015, 11:45:08 »

Patreus Supports Beleagered Sanna in Bid to Leave Federation

Patreus Supports Beleagered Sanna in Bid to Leave Federation In his New Year’s message Senator Patreus has announced he supports Sanna's bid for freedom, and will do whatever it takes to help them. "We will make this happen as we enter a glorious new year and a historicnew century. Maybe Congressman Albertson will be Senator Albertson before long!" Seeing the broadcast on Sanna, Marcus Albertson responded via social media. “Senator Patreus is very generous. I will of course tender my resignation from Congress before speaking to the honourable Senator about this, but freedom from tyranny is a great thing and something we all look forwards to.”

Source: Patreus Supports Beleagered Sanna in Bid to Leave Federation
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #41 on: 08 February 2015, 11:45:08 »

Emperor Issues his traditional 'Empire Day' message

Emperor Issues his traditional 'Empire Day' message In keeping with tradition the Emperor has declared today a national holiday celebrating the day in 2264 when Marlin Duval first landed on Capitol. He gave his traditional message from the throne room in the Imperial Palace, referring in general terms to another great year, and looking forwards to the next. Observant commentators noticed a small mark on his ear - seen by looking at the image of his head from behind - that was also present in a clip recorded in the summer, suggesting this too was recorded in the summer. These same commentators implied that the Emperor may be more unwell than is being reported. No one was available from the Palace for comment, though one Senator (who did not want to be named) did point out that this had been pre-recorded to allow the Emperor and his family to have an uninterrupted Empire Day.

Source: Emperor Issues his traditional 'Empire Day' message
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #42 on: 08 February 2015, 16:45:05 »

Torval Celebrates Empire Day

Torval Celebrates Empire Day Senator Torval has freed a further 10,000 unregulated slaves bought from private traders in the Federation to celebrate Empire Day. In a statement released this morning, she said, "I want to see the end of unregulated slavery throughout the galaxy. Imperial slavery is a respected tradition, and not to be besmirched by the terrible practice with a similar name tolerated in the Federation by turning a blind eye to it." Her statement seems to have ruffled a few feathers in Congress. We couldn’t get a comment on record from any of the leadership, but we did get a reply from an aide trying to sneak past the few remaining 'Oniongate' demonstrators on the steps of Congress, “That is a bit ripe coming from her. Slavery is illegal throughout the Federation. It is people like her, paying for slaves that keep the trade going, which is why we find it so hard to crack down on it!”

Source: Torval Celebrates Empire Day
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #43 on: 08 February 2015, 16:45:05 »

Chancellor Blaine supports Arissa

Chancellor Blaine supports Arissa In a short interview outside his mansion on the shores of Lake Parisot on Topaz, FaceceChancellor Anders Blaine was asked about his views on the succession, and he replied, "I appreciated Arissa's kind words just before the New Year. She is of course absolutely right. Stability is what the Empire needs more than anything. She has been around court for much of her life and I know her well. “Emperor Hengist has made it clear to me he would wish her to be his successor. His marriage to Florence Lavigny will clear this up and Arissa will be the heir to the throne, and I support her." This has helped quell some of the speculation caused by comments from other senior senators like Patreus and Torval. Markets have responded positively to what seems like a resolution to the succession.

Source: Chancellor Blaine supports Arissa
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #44 on: 08 February 2015, 16:45:05 »

Dulos joins Sanna’s bid to leave Federation

Dulos joins Sanna’s bid to leave Federation Congressman Jane Garvey for Dulos agrees with Congressman Albertson from Sanna. In a statement made outside Congress on Mars, amid some persistent ‘Oniongate’ protesters, she made a statement this morning before entering Congress, “The latest round of Federal tax rises is unfair on the frontier. In Dulos, like Sanna, we only get one vote. The core systems get hundreds. They control Congress and take our money. We too would like to become independent and masters of our own destiny. Then our votes will also matter. We are supposed to be a Federation, but we are not. We have two tiers, and it is the successful frontier systems like mine in the lower tier that pay for the lethargy and luxury here in the core.” She then entered Congress amid clapping and cheers from the protesters – who seem to support anyone who speaks against the government.

Source: Dulos joins Sanna’s bid to leave Federation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 122   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: