Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 15:43:04 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
It`s this wild colour scheme that freaks me. When you try and operate one of these weird black controls which are labelled in black on a black background a small black light lights up black to let you know you`ve done it. What is this? Some kind of intergalactic hyperhearse? - Zaphod
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 122   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous Galnet News  (Read 400222 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #420 on: 19 October 2017, 21:45:02 »

Community Goal: Conflict in Colonia

Since it was founded in July 3302, the Colonia community has become a bastion of peace, seen by many as an island of calm in a sea of conflict.

But the region is not impervious to occasional outbreaks of violence, and as Colonia's population grows, such outbreaks look likely to become more frequent.

The latest such incident involves The Nameless, a criminal faction based in the Carcosa system, which has started attacking ships in Colonia. In an effort to restore order, the Colonia Council has issued a call to aid, pledging to reward pilots who help reduce the criminals' numbers. The Nameless has responded in kind, promising generous incentives to those who help fight the Colonia Council's peacekeepers.

Both factions have set out week-long operations to achieve their aims, which will begin on the 19th of October 3303.
Source: Community Goal: Conflict in Colonia
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #421 on: 19 October 2017, 21:45:03 »

Galactic News: Fourth Aegis Campaign Concludes

The fourth phase of Aegis' campaign to counter the Thargoid threat has come to an end. Hundreds of independent pilots supported the initiative by taking to their ships to deliver commodities to Cremona Prospect. The materials will be used to test and mass-produce a shutdown-field neutraliser, developed by engineer Elvira Martuuk, which will counter the Thargoids' ability to disable human spacecraft.

Martuuk released a brief statement to the media:

"I want to thank those who hauled stuff out to Cremona Prospect. I just hope the tech I've developed will make a difference to the Commanders on the front lines."

Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Cremona Prospect in the Khun system.

Source: Galactic News: Fourth Aegis Campaign Concludes
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #422 on: 19 October 2017, 21:45:03 »

Galactic News: Remembrance Campaign Comes to an End

A spokesperson for the Labour Union of Kauruk has announced that the organisation's Remembrance Week has been resoundingly endorsed by the galactic community. Hundreds of pilots flocked to Moore Terminal over the past week, taking the opportunity to pay their respects to departed friends and loved ones.

As the campaign drew to a close, the spokesperson released a brief statement:

"We would like to thank all those who supported this initiative. We hope it gave you an opportunity not only to celebrate absent friends and family, but also to form new bonds with other members of the galactic community."

Pilots who contributed to the campaign can now collect their rewards from Moore Terminal in the Kauruk system.
Source: Galactic News: Remembrance Campaign Comes to an End
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #423 on: 20 October 2017, 16:45:04 »

Galactic News: Aegis Expanding

Following news that the Empire and Federation have withdrawn from the Pleiades Nebula, contractors in the core systems have reported that Aegis is poised to establish a number of outposts in the region.

The reports indicate that Aegis intends to establish more than twenty orbital outposts in the coming months, to support its ongoing research and defence initiative. Two of these outposts have already been built, and construction of a third is expected to begin soon.

Admiral Aden Tanner, Aegis's chief military liaison, commented briefly on the news:

"In my view it is imperative that Aegis has a consolidated presence in the Pleiades, close to the centre of Thargoid activity. Fortunately our backers in the Alliance, Empire and Federation agree with me."
Source: Galactic News: Aegis Expanding
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #424 on: 20 October 2017, 16:45:05 »

Galactic News: Halsey Comments on End of Cold War

With the news that the Empire has withdrawn its fleets from the Pleiades Nebula, apparently signalling the end of the Federal-Imperial cold war, former Federal president Jasmina Halsey has commented on the cessation of hostilities.

Addressing a large crowd in Nerah City on Argent's Claim, Halsey said:

"Like many of you, I rejoiced when I heard the Federation had recalled its ships. But my jubilation was undercut by the knowledge that our protests and entreaties had failed to move a single Federal or Imperial vessel. Were it not for the emergence of a greater potential threat, the Empire and Federation might still be installed in the Pleiades, squabbling over barnacles. And while the impact of the conflict could have been far greater, it was still far from a bloodless war."

"I would like to believe that the Federation and Empire have learned from this experience, but I suspect they have not. But I promise you that I will continue to help those affected by such conflicts, for as long as I am able."
Source: Galactic News: Halsey Comments on End of Cold War
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #425 on: 20 October 2017, 16:45:05 »

Galactic News: Analysis from the Galaxy's Most Powerful

A number of the galaxy's most powerful figures have commented on the current galactic landscape, addressing issues such as the return of Thargoids and the recent discovery of outposts formerly occupied by the Intergalactic Naval Reserve Arm.

At a society event in the Cubeo system, Princess Aisling Duval said:

"I read the INRA records, and frankly I was sickened. How could they treat living creatures that way? I've heard of governments inventing threats to support their military programmes. Maybe that's what the INRA was. A smokescreen."

Duval was ushered away from reporters by her publicist before she could say any more.

Senator Denton Patreus, who has spent little time in the public eye since his defeat of the insurgent organisation Emperor's Dawn, made the following statement on the 'Galaxy Now' programme:

"I have reviewed much of the available intelligence on the Thargoids, and it is clear that we are facing a formidable threat. Granted, we do not know the reasons for their hostility, but in my experience such details are rarely important – what's important is knowing where and when to strike."

"The formation of Aegis is in my view a sound strategy, and represents a sensible response to this threat. Furthermore, I know Aden Tanner well, and I wholeheartedly believe he is the right man to be guiding Aegis's military strategy."

Li Yong-Rui, CEO of the Sirius Corporation, also offered an appraisal of the situation:

"If there's one thing these INRA logs make plain it's that humanity is capable of defeating the Thargoids, especially when we work together. And remember, most of the galaxy is functioning exactly as it always has, despite the presence of these alien aggressors. So let's maintain some perspective, shall we?"
Source: Galactic News: Analysis from the Galaxy's Most Powerful
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #426 on: 26 October 2017, 21:45:05 »

Galactic News: Conflict in Colonia Ends

Authorities in the Colonia system have confirmed that the conflict between The Nameless and the peacekeepers of the Colonia Council has come to an end.

Both factions received support from the galactic community, but ultimately there could only be one victor – the Colonia Council.

Pilots who participated in the conflict can now collect their rewards from Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
Source: Galactic News: Conflict in Colonia Ends
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #427 on: 26 October 2017, 21:45:05 »

Community Goal: The Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094's Apple-Bobbing Blowout

While Halloween is widely thought to have its roots in harvest festivals from Earth's ancient past, in the modern era it is largely seen as an opportunity to unwind and share a drink with friends.

This year, the galaxy's biggest Halloween party is taking place in the LHS 2094 system under the auspices of the Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094. A range of traditional activities has been planned, including a game known as apple bobbing, although purists have been quick to point out that, "suspending oneself upside down in a vat of Leestian Evil Juice is most definitely not apple bobbing".

To ensure the event is a success, the Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094 has placed an open order for a range of commodities, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver these goods to Patterson Vision in the LHS 2094 system.

A spokesperson for the Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094 elaborated on the nature of the event:

"There's a risk the festivities could be overshadowed by this whole Thargoid thing, but just because there are hostile aliens in Maia doesn't mean we can't have fun. I mean, the Thargoids are all the way out there...and the party is happening right here!"

The campaign begins on the 26th of October 3303 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Source: Community Goal: The Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094's Apple-Bobbing Blowout
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #428 on: 27 October 2017, 18:45:03 »

Galactic News: Analysis from the Galaxy's Most Powerful

A number of the galaxy's most powerful figures have commented on the current galactic landscape, addressing issues such as the return of Thargoids and the recent discovery of outposts formerly occupied by the Intergalactic Naval Reserve Arm.

At a society event in the Cubeo system, Princess Aisling Duval said:

"I read the INRA records, and frankly I was sickened. How could they treat living creatures that way? I've heard of governments inventing threats to support their military programmes. Maybe that's what the INRA was. A smokescreen."

Duval was ushered away from reporters by her publicist before she could say any more.

Senator Denton Patreus, who has spent little time in the public eye since his defeat of the insurgent organisation Emperor's Dawn, made the following statement on the 'Galaxy Now' programme:

"I have reviewed much of the available intelligence on the Thargoids, and it is clear that we are facing a formidable threat. Granted, we do not know the reasons for their hostility, but in my experience such details are rarely important – what's important is knowing where and when to strike."

"The formation of Aegis is in my view a sound strategy, and represents a sensible response to this threat. Furthermore, I know Aden Tanner well, and I wholeheartedly believe he is the right man to be guiding Aegis's military strategy."

Li Yong-Rui, CEO of the Sirius Corporation, also offered an appraisal of the situation:

"If there's one thing these INRA logs make plain, it's that humanity is capable of defeating the Thargoids, especially when we work together. And remember, most of the galaxy is functioning exactly as it always has, despite the presence of these alien aggressors. So let's maintain some perspective, shall we?"
Source: Galactic News: Analysis from the Galaxy's Most Powerful
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #429 on: 28 October 2017, 01:45:02 »

Galactic News: Capital Ships Vulnerable to Thargoid Attack

Admiral Aden Tanner, Aegis's chief military liaison, has addressed reports of capital ships being destroyed by the Thargoids.

"Although the shutdown field neutraliser developed by Aegis is capable of protecting small ships, we have encountered difficulties adapting the technology to larger spacecraft. Furthermore, the fact that Thargoids tend to target larger vessels with multiple shutdown beams simultaneously makes the task of protecting them more difficult."

"The fact that capital-class ships are more vulnerable to Thargoid attack means they are an ineffective way of protecting outposts, planets and shipping lanes. Consequently, for the present, the deployment of capital ships is not considered an effective defence strategy."
Source: Galactic News: Capital Ships Vulnerable to Thargoid Attack
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #430 on: 02 November 2017, 20:45:04 »

Community Goal: Rescue Operation in the Pleiades

Cooper Research Associates have launched a rescue operation to recover personal effects, data and people from Thargoid attack sites in the Pleiades Nebula.

The organisation has promised to reward pilots who deliver occupied escape pods, damaged escape pods, black boxes and personal effects to the search-and-rescue contact at The Oracle in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 system.

A spokesperson for Cooper Research Associates released a brief statement:

"Eyewitnesses have reported that Thargoid vessels are taking occupied escape pods from ships they have attacked. It is therefore essential that we recover any and all individuals from these attack sites before they can be similarly abducted."

The operation begins on the 2nd of November 3303 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Source: Community Goal: Rescue Operation in the Pleiades
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #431 on: 02 November 2017, 20:45:04 »

Galactic News: Halloween Appeal Concludes

A spokesperson for the Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094 has announced that its appeal for commodities has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community. Hundreds of pilots took to their ships to deliver goods to the LHS 2094 system for an opulent Halloween party, and to protect those ferrying commodities to Patterson Vision.

As the campaign drew to a close, a spokesperson for the Hallowed Chapter of LHS 2094 released the following statement:

"This is going to be one of the greatest Halloween parties of all time! Who cares if the Thargoids kill us all – at least we'll go out with a bang. And we won't have to live with the hangover!"

Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Patterson Vision in the LHS 2094 system.
Source: Galactic News: Halloween Appeal Concludes
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #432 on: 02 November 2017, 20:45:04 »

Community Goal: Operation Andronicus

With Thargoid attacks becoming a regular occurrence in the Pleiades Nebula, Aegis has leveraged its considerable reserves to fund a military operation in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55. The initiative, dubbed 'Operation Andronicus', has been expressly conceived to counter Thargoid aggression in the region.

Admiral Aden Tanner, Aegis's chief military liaison, elaborated on the nature of the initiative:

"Personal-scale craft are particularly effective against Thargoid vessels, not least because of the comparative vulnerability of capital-class ships. I therefore believe the most effective way to address the Thargoid threat – in the short term at least – is a militia of seasoned combat pilots. Aegis has agreed to finance this initiative, which will aim to deliver a strategic blow to the Thargoids in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55."

Aegis Research has confirmed that it will reward pilots who hand in Pilots Federation Combat Bonds at The Oracle in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55.

The operation begins on the 2nd of November 3303 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Source: Community Goal: Operation Andronicus
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #433 on: 09 November 2017, 21:45:04 »

Galactic News: Operation Andronicus Concludes

Admiral Aden Tanner has confirmed that Operation Andronicus has reached a successful conclusion. Hundreds of pilots supported the initiative by taking to their ships to deliver a strategic blow to the Thargoids in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55.

As the campaign drew to a close, Admiral Aden Tanner released a statement:

"The operation's success proves that small ships, when piloted by seasoned Commanders, are our best hope of addressing the Thargoid threat, at least for the present. Every pilot who took part in this initiative has my sincere gratitude."

Pilots who participated in the conflict can now collect their rewards from The Oracle in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 system.
Source: Galactic News: Operation Andronicus Concludes
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #434 on: 09 November 2017, 21:45:04 »

Community Goal: Feeding California

The Spinward Marches Alliance Concern has announced plans to establish an agricultural facility in the Synuefai LX-R d5-28 system, with the aim of supporting the Alliance and Turner Research Group outposts in the California Nebula.

To support this goal, the organisation has asked the galactic community to deliver terrain enrichment systems, crop harvesters and auto fabricators to Hansford's Landing in the BD+22 4939 system. Commanders who support the campaign will be generously compensated.

Saool Aledon, a senior operative in the Spinward Marches, released the following statement:

"We are well aware of the challenges involved in supporting outposts far from the core systems. We want to leverage our expertise to support the Alliance's operations in the California Nebula, and we hope we have the support of the galactic community."

The campaign begins on the 9th of November 3303 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Source: Community Goal: Feeding California
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 122   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: