Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 03:27:33 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Missiles? Don`t make me laugh. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 122   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous Galnet News  (Read 399729 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #840 on: 07 December 2018, 22:45:04 »

Achilles Corp Initiative Concludes

A goodwill initiative from the Achilles Corporation has now concluded.

Chairman Gus Weaver of the Sol division of Achilles Corp announced:

"Thanks to the dedication of many independent traders, we have now acquired enough commodities to manufacture replacements for all robots destroyed in the wake of the spy robot scandal."

"I'd also like to remind our customers that the illegal surveillance program was safely deleted by our latest coreware update. Remember, you can always trust Achilles."

The deliveries were organised by the Adenets Pro-Alliance Bond, which also arranged to protect traders from attack. Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Henslow Market in the Adenets system.
Source: Achilles Corp Initiative Concludes
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #841 on: 07 December 2018, 22:45:04 »

Cult Requests Rare Commodities

An obscure cult based in the Zlota system has requested a range of rare items for an arcane ceremony.

A handwritten statement from Barnabas Cole, leader of a group named the Children of Tothos, was submitted to the media:

"This is the rite that will unmask us and allow us to see the path – the path we will all take, together, toward freedom."

Zlota Federal Holdings, which is thought to have some connection to the cult, has requested Aganippe Rush, Motrona Experience Jelly and Onion Head to be delivered to Nusslein-Volhard Settlement in the Zlota system. It has also placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, to protect those delivering these rare commodities.

The initiative begins on the 6th of December 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Source: Cult Requests Rare Commodities
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #842 on: 07 December 2018, 22:45:04 »

Nova Imperium Unveils Figurehead

Isolationist group Nova Imperium has revealed its choice for Emperor – an eighteen year old man named Hadrian Augustus Duval.

The group's leader, Imperator Mordanticus, broadcast this message:

"It is incumbent upon me to reveal that Hengist Duval fathered not one but two illegitimate children in his younger days. A few years before meeting Florence Lavigny, he had a brief affair with a slave in the Imperial household. When Hengist's father discovered this, the matter was hushed up and the slave dismissed. The slave's son went on to sire a child of his own: Hadrian Duval, grandson of Emperor Hengist Duval. Hadrian was unaware of this until we located him and genetically confirmed his lineage."

"Arissa Lavigny-Duval is a weak Emperor who must be removed. We call for Hadrian Duval to be recognised as the true heir to the throne!"

The Imperial Herald's political journalist Cassia Carvalho observed:

"This announcement has shaken the Empire to its very foundations. Having Hadrian as a figurehead has rallied those hardliners more comfortable with the idea of a male Emperor. With a single stroke, Nova Imperium has gained considerable credibility and massively increased its support."
Source: Nova Imperium Unveils Figurehead
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #843 on: 08 December 2018, 18:45:03 »

Mysteries of the Far God

Journalist Gethin Okonkwo has discussed the abandoned Far God cult outposts in the Etain system:

"During my months undercover as a Far God worshipper, I heard only whispered rumours about secret outposts. So the existence of two such settlements, on Etain 4a and 4c, proves that much remained hidden from me."

"The personal logs recovered from the outposts illustrate how the faith attracted people from varied backgrounds. I was astonished to hear the voice of a man with whom I once eagerly discussed the Far God's arrival, never realising that he was a Federal agent whose devotion was as fake as my own."

"The book I am co-writing with Dr Alfred Ulyanov will reveal much about the Far God religion, but it's clear that many of its mysteries are yet to be uncovered."
Source: Mysteries of the Far God
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #844 on: 08 December 2018, 18:45:03 »

Week in Review

Here are this week's major stories.

Two corporations have merged to form one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the galaxy. Allied Medical Industries has united with Neosalve Inc. to create Neomedical Industries, which will sell drugs, equipment and services to both Alliance and independent systems.

Independent company Vitadyne Labs has developed new pharmaceuticals that use nanoscale materials to repair cell damage on a molecular level. The company claims the nanomeds can heal injury in a fraction of the normal time, and even slow the ageing process. The Interstellar Health Organisation is reviewing the new medicines.

Nova Imperium has revealed its choice for Emperor – an eighteen year old man named Hadrian Augustus Duval. The group claims that Duval is the grandson of former emperor Hengist Duval, and that he has a legitimate claim to the Imperial throne. The group's leader, Imperator Mordanticus, has called for Hadrian to replace Arissa Lavigny-Duval.

Journalist Gethin Okonkwo has commented on the Far God outposts found in the Etain system, saying that the logs recovered from the outposts illustrated how the faith attracted people from varied backgrounds. Okonkwo also said that the book he is writing with Dr Alfred Ulyanov would reveal much about the Far God religion.

An obscure cult based in the Zlota system has requested a range of rare items for an arcane ceremony. A handwritten statement from Barnabas Cole, leader of a group named the Children of Tothos, elaborated on the nature of the ceremony. Zlota Federal Holdings, which is thought to have some connection to the cult, is overseeing the initiative.

Finally, a goodwill initiative from the Achilles Corporation has concluded. Chairman Gus Weaver of Achilles confirmed that the company had acquired enough commodities to manufacture replacements for the robots destroyed in the wake of the spy robot scandal. He also reminded consumers that the surveillance program at the heart of the scandal was safely deleted by the company's latest coreware update.

And those are the main stories this week.

Source: Week in Review
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #845 on: 11 December 2018, 22:45:04 »

Introducing the Codex

A new networked database system named the Codex has been released to the galactic community.

The Codex is a joint initiative from the Pilots Federation and Universal Cartographics, which issued the following joint statement:

"We are pleased to announce that the Codex has been automatically uploaded to the onboard systems of all vessels registered with the Pilots Federation."

"The Commander section of the Codex collates all ship data, including the pilot's personal achievements, while the Knowledge Base contains information on the galaxy's most prominent organisations and individuals."

"The Discoveries section is designed to support deep-space exploration. As well as cataloguing stellar bodies and other phenomena, it also logs confirmed and unconfirmed findings from fellow explorers."

"We hope the Codex will prove valuable to all Commanders, and we look forward to it being updated with their findings."
Source: Introducing the Codex
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #846 on: 11 December 2018, 22:45:04 »

Mamba and Krait Phantom Released

Two new ships marketed towards independent pilots, the Mamba and the Krait Phantom, have just hit the market.

Zorgon Peterson issued the following press release for its new vessel:

"If it's speed and firepower you want, the Mamba is for you. Based on a racing prototype, it's the fastest commercially available starship, and it sports enough hardpoints for a range of devastating weaponry. Whether you're leaving competitors in the dust or running rings around those pesky Thargoids, think Mamba!"

Faulcon DeLacy also released a statement for its latest design:

"The Krait Phantom offers true multi-role capability, allowing it to be customised for combat, mining or trading. And for explorers, its impressive jump range means you really can reach out to the stars. This is a ship that can handle it all."
Source: Mamba and Krait Phantom Released
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #847 on: 13 December 2018, 23:45:02 »

Hadrian Duval Addresses the Empire

Hadrian Augustus Duval, the long-lost grandson of Emperor Hengist Duval, has broadcast a message to the Empire:

"I am no wealthy senator from an entitled family, but someone who has lived an ordinary life. Someone who understands the hardships faced by many Imperial citizens."

"As Hadrian Jansen, I was a poor child with no family other than my father. Together we scraped a living as independent traders. He never spoke of his past – not even when he died two years ago. That was when I inherited his ship and became a Commander myself."

"When Imperator Mordanticus informed me of my heritage, I knew I had to accept my identity as a Duval. I've seen how diminished the Empire has become, and I know that new leadership is sorely needed."

"I ask you to honour the legacy of the Duval bloodline. With Nova Imperium, let's save the Empire we love."
Source: Hadrian Duval Addresses the Empire
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #848 on: 13 December 2018, 23:45:02 »

Battle Commences in Wally Bei System

Conflict has erupted between two opposing factions in the Wally Bei system.

Hostilities were triggered after Wally Bei Technical claimed to have discovered stolen food shipments aboard their rival's transport vessels. The faction's spokesperson said:

"Robbing innocent people of vital supplies is nothing less than an act of war, and we are treating it as such."

This was denied in an official response by Traditional Wally Bei Constitution Party :

"This outrageous accusation is intended to drive off our trade partners and damage our economy. We won't tolerate such slander!"

Military leaders from both Wally Bei Technical and the Traditional Wally Bei Constitution Party have issued calls to independent combat pilots, offering rewards for their support.

The two factions have set out week-long operations that will begin on the 13th of December 3304.

Source: Battle Commences in Wally Bei System
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #849 on: 13 December 2018, 23:45:02 »

Children of Tothos Initiative Concludes

An initiative to deliver rare commodities to an esoteric cult in the Zlota system has concluded.

Independent traders provided Aganippe Rush, Motrona Experience Jelly and Onion Head for a ceremony to be performed by the Children of Tothos. Other pilots protected the rare goods from being taken by pirates.

Barnabas Cole, leader of the Children of Tothos, gave another handwritten message to the media:

"By helping us, you free yourselves. You will feel the light of our testament fill you, just as it fills the heavens."

The initiative was organised by Zlota Federal Holdings, which allegedly counts some high-ranking officials as cult members. Contributing pilots can now collect their rewards from Nusslein-Volhard Settlement in the Zlota system.
Source: Children of Tothos Initiative Concludes
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #850 on: 14 December 2018, 20:45:02 »

Week in Review

Here are this week's major stories.

A new networked system named the Codex has been released to the galactic community.

The Codex is a joint initiative from the Pilots Federation and Universal Cartographics, which announced that the system had been automatically uploaded to all vessels registered with the Pilots Federation.

Two new ships marketed towards independent pilots have been released. The Mamba, from Zorgon Petersen, is reputedly one of the fastest ships in production, while the Krait Phantom, manufactured by Faulcon DeLacy, has been envisaged as a multi-role vessel.

Hadrian Augustus Duval, the long-lost grandson of Emperor Hengist Duval, has broadcast a message to the Empire in which he emphasised his humble background and stressed that he had lived an ordinary life. He concluded with the words: "I've seen how diminished the Empire has become, and I know that new leadership is sorely needed."

Meanwhile, the Interstellar Health Organisation has delivered a preliminary report on the nanomedicines recently developed by Vitadyne Labs. The report states that Vitadyne's nanomeds are more sophisticated and reliable than any existing product, and that Vitadyne's data regarding healing, disease treatment and extension of longevity has been verified.

In other news, conflict has erupted between two factions in the Wally Bei system. Hostilities were triggered after the Wally Bei Technical claimed to have discovered stolen food shipments aboard their rival's transport vessels. This was denied in an official response by Traditional Wally Bei Constitution Party. Military leaders from both factions have issued calls to independent combat pilots, offering rewards for their support.

Finally, an initiative to deliver rare commodities to an esoteric cult in the Zlota system has concluded. Barnabas Cole, leader of the Children of Tothos, submitted a handwritten message to the media that read: "By helping us, you free yourselves. You will feel the light of our testament fill you, just as it fills the heavens."

And those are the main stories this week.
Source: Week in Review
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #851 on: 14 December 2018, 20:45:03 »

Positive Response to Vitadyne Nanomeds

The Interstellar Health Organisation (IHO) has delivered a preliminary report on the nanomedicines recently developed by Vitadyne Labs. The summary stated:

"Nanomedicine is a carefully regulated branch of medical science, with little scope for public application, but Vitadyne's nanomeds are more sophisticated and reliable than any existing product. Furthermore, Vitadyne's data regarding healing, disease treatment and extension of longevity has been verified."

"Having confirmed the product's effectiveness, IHO teams are now conducting independent tests with patients."

Media outlet Vox Galactica published this viewpoint from healthcare analyst Dr Himari Grey:

"The pharmaceutical industry is astonished that a small company like Vitadyne could produce something so advanced. Professor Katrien Rook's credentials are impeccable, of course, but this is a work of genius. These nanomeds could be the most exciting thing in medicine for decades."
Source: Positive Response to Vitadyne Nanomeds
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #852 on: 19 December 2018, 22:45:02 »

Call to Ban Far God Book

Disgraced politician Juanita Bishop has called for a forthcoming book about the Far God sect to be banned:

"The authors, Ulyanov and Okonkwo, are known alien sympathisers. One was arrested as a suspected traitor and the other has admitted to being a Far God cultist!"

"What they're writing is nothing more than pro-Thargoid propaganda. It is an insult to all the brave souls who died trying to keep us safe. The authorities need to prevent this book from contaminating innocent people with its repulsive ideas."

Journalist Gethin Okonkwo, who spent months undercover in the Far God sect, responded:

"The book includes first-hand accounts of worshippers being attacked by Bishop's followers. Her desperation to halt its publication is nothing more than an attempt to prevent a criminal investigation into her activities."
Source: Call to Ban Far God Book
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #853 on: 20 December 2018, 18:45:03 »

New Mining Tools Released

A range of new asteroid-mining equipment is expected to trigger an increase in the availability of ores and minerals.

A spokesperson for the Industrial Mining Guild discussed the new tools at an industry symposium:

"Using mining lasers to remove surface deposits from asteroids can be difficult. The new abrasion blaster fires projectiles that break them free more easily."

"For deeper deposits, sub-surface displacement missiles can penetrate the rock and then be detonated remotely, releasing larger chunks of material."

"Finally, there is now a way to access valuable resources deep within certain rare bodies. Seismic charges, when carefully positioned, can crack an asteroid open and free the minerals at its core."

"Combined with upgrades to existing tools, such as scanners and prospector limpets, we are confident that these new tools will result in a surge in private mining activity."
Source: New Mining Tools Released
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« Reply #854 on: 20 December 2018, 18:45:03 »

Battle Ceases in Wally Bei System

The conflict between two opposing factions in the Wally Bei system has ended. The fleets of both Wally Bei Technical and the Traditional Wally Bei Constitution Party  were significantly reduced in a prolonged series of battles.

The leaders of both organisations issued a joint statement:

"We recognise that our military leaders overreacted to accusations made by both parties. For humanitarian reasons, we have agreed to bring hostilities to an end. But we will honour the commitment made by independent pilots on both sides, who are now authorised to collect their rewards from the Wally Bei system."

Source: Battle Ceases in Wally Bei System
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 122   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: