Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 15:02:06 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs! - Ford Prefect
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halaster's Lost Apprentice: D&D Encounters  (Read 10469 times)
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2010, 13:10:44 »

Sessions 9 & 10:
The runty Beholder is quickly despatched by the party as Xeres runs away with an unconcious Fayne over his shoulder. In the fight, the Paladin gets separated from the group and is closed in on by three vicious drakes. Whilst fighting in his corner with his back to the waterfall cave below, the elvish swordsmen attract the remaining adventurers' wrathful disdain. A bloody fight ensues on the tower roof, the swordmen fighting back just as hard as the heroes, while the drakes reach a pack hunting frenzy against the cornered paladin. Help arrives for him from the party, but it is not enough as he gallantly swings his sword into a drake for the last time and is ripped to pieces by the ravenous beasts. The team fight with a renewed vigour, but there is nothing left of him by the time the fight is over.

Remains are found in the bellies of the creatures and his equipment is collected. The ardent volunteers to carry what is left of him somewhere where he can be laid to rest.

After such matters are attended to, the party head in the direction of Xeres' flight and cross the wooden bridge adjoining a second tower. The tiefling discovers it leads to a room full of potions and flasks both magical and non-magical. Ever curious, he heads towards a slammed door opposite and sees naught but a black pit in the room beyond with a ladder. Turning back to announce his discovery, the party quickly realises Xeres had disturbed some slumbering Myconids...

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: