Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 07:29:43 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m training it to like being wherever it`s put. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 26th Beer & Pretzels 2015 Review  (Read 2448 times) Average Rating: 0
Spirit Games
Burton Delvers
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« on: 01 June 2015, 10:15:57 »

So another Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend is over and it is time to compile all the pictures and check through the games library list to see what people were playing. Lots of the old favourites came out as well as new additions to our library. The most popular games of the weekend were Kingsburg and Splendor followed closely by newcomers Hyperborea and Patchwork. As usual people brought along plenty of their own games too.

I got to try Red7 which is really quite a tricky little card game which I failed miserably at, so I am hoping have to have another go soon to see if I can do any better. I'm not holding out much hope though. I also got to play my Mice & Mystics. Having painted up the figures last year I have only had one opportunity to play with them since. I just managed to pip Phil to the post by a very close margin in a game of Kingsburg, so he completely thrashed me at Patchwork. It's a sign that things are running smoothly when we get a chance to play games at all!

We had several prizes to give out over the weekend:

The winner of our raffle for those who bought their tickets early was Andrew Lawson, who received a copy of Elysium

Andrew receiving his prize

On Sunday Steve Howe from Librium Games donated one of his games for a raffle prize too.

The Winner of the Catan Regionals Tournament

1st: Carole Roberts - Free entry to Games Expo and a bye in the first round of the Nationals
2nd: Ben Fletcher - £10 Gift Voucher
3rd: Chris Swainston - £5 Gift Voucher
4th: Victoria Sacre - plush catan brick
For his magnificent nil points - Anthony Tyler won an Mayfair Games Drinks Bottle

The happy Catan finalists

The Games Review winners were:
1st: Mark Dryden - already left by the time the results were called.
2nd: Clare Tomlinson - unfortunately was ill so was unable to make it to Beer & Pretzels at all.
3rd: Paul Roberts - had just popped out for an hour to go home and feed the dog!

So no photos of them this year.

The calm before the storm

The Storm hits

Everyone happily playing

At the front Steve from Librium Games shows us how it's done

The Naval battle gets underway

More players in the back room

The Catan tournament in full swing
« Last Edit: 01 June 2015, 18:04:40 by spirit games » Logged

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: