Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
25 April 2024, 12:50:50 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
DON`T PANIC
Linked Events
  • 27th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend: 21 May 2016 - 22 May 2016
  • Signed up (1/50):
    # Name
    1.Zarniwoop

Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 27th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend  (Read 9008 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 16 September 2015, 11:47:30 »

27th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend 21st & 22nd May 2016

King Edwards Place
Burton-on-Trent
Staffordshire
DE14 2EB.

The usual good food and beer on site, close to the railway station and assorted car parks. Free board games library, miniatures games, CCGs and RPGs.

Tickets:
Bought in advance: £5 per day £9 for weekend
On the door: £7 per day, £12 for weekend.

Contact Details
salnphil@spiritgames.com
« Last Edit: 19 April 2016, 00:54:57 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Spirit Games
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2016, 01:33:47 »

27th Beer & Pretzels Boardgaming weekend Tickets Live!

Weekend:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
Pallet Ranger
Blissful Ignorance

BoardgameGeek: Pallet Ranger

« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2016, 17:34:40 »

Wait a second now.... Isn't that a week later than normal?

Since my inexcusable error around 5 years ago of booking a weekend away on the second weekend in May, I've programmed everything around that second weekend. And now this year is booked for weekend number 3? And I'm ay a wedding in Whitby for the weekend....?

BangHead

<*> It's only me. Just browsing <*>
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2016, 16:06:14 »

Well I'm sorry to say that looking back through the Calendar here, which only goes back a few years, shows the previous B&P events on the 3rd Weekend of May.

Also, not to add salt to the wound, but Phil is also saying this may well be the last one in it's current format as the Council is making it too expensive and impractical to continue at that venue. The other thorn is that there are not any real alternative venues of comparable size and available facilities.

BangHead  Dont Know  help

Regards,
Zarniwoop

Spirit Games
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2016, 00:56:03 »

Major updates for B & P 2016

Firstly, The Return of the Parking Permits, streets ahead of any 50's B movie in its scariness. But so long as the permits are carefully filled in and correctly displayed, there is indeed free parking in the Town Hall car park, now re-instated since the college that they were flogging it off to has gone bust before even opening, allegedly. The entrance and exit are once again on Waterloo Street. The permits can be picked up at the ticket desk or in advance from Spirit Games, we will post them out with tickets if required but due to ever-rising postal costs are happier to have them collected on the door.

Next, the bad news – due to the Town Hall hire charges being increased by 250% next year, this is likely to be the last B&P. We are looking for an alternative venue but have found nothing suitable yet.

But there is also good news – the bar provider is much more beer-friendly, and things are looking promising for having a mini beer festival based on beers from local breweries, as we did at the very first B&P all those years ago. Lead beer provider is the Golden Duck Brewery of Appleby Magna, just down the road.

Teetotallers are still very welcome! Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be equally available.

The heart of the event is of course the playing of board and card games, with role-playing and wargaming playing strong supporting roles. John Martin will be running his participation game both days, a 28mm North Africa wargame, and we expect X-Wing, Warmachine and Malifaux players to be looking for opponents. Role-playing has been on the up here recently; a Hackmaster scenario is planned to run over the whole weekend, with pre-generated characters so that players can drop in and out as they please, and as usual there will be the RPG Recruiting Area for anyone else with a scenario to run. We have various tournament prizes and promotional bits looking for good homes, so impromptu Splendor and Cash 'n' Guns tournaments are likely to spring up, among others. Not too much organisation – we have got by without it so far, now would be a strange time to start.

We have increased the price on the door this year, but kept the advanced price the same as usual, to encourage early ticket sales. With a new bar provider, getting the estimate of numbers right is particularly desirable, if we order too much beer and I have to drink all the surplus myself it could lead to tears.

Cheers! Phil

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2016, 17:51:39 »

Less than a week to go for B&P 27...

Please note that Parking Permits are back. Ensure you mention you need one when booking tickets and if you already have tickets contact the shop if you require them.

Note you will need a different parking Permit for Sat and Sun so be sure to get the right one or both depending on which days you are attending.

See you all there....

Regards,
Zarniwoop

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: