Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 15:15:53 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`ve gone off the idea of progress. It`s overrated. - Arthur Dent
Linked Events
  • South Oxfordshire (SOX) Gaming Day: 31 October 2015

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Oxfordshire (SOX) Gaming Day  (Read 2364 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 15 September 2015, 11:19:54 »

South Oxfordshire (SOX) Gaming Day

The address of the hall is:

Radley Village Hall
Gooseacre
Radley
Abingdon OX14 3BL

Google maps link

There is plenty of parking at the hall, which is also within easy walking distance of Radley station (on the line between Oxford and Didcot) and on the 35 bus route between Abingdon and Oxford. Buses are every 15 minutes.

Details:
"Plenty of travel options (road, rail bus) and there will be refreshments available throughout the day. The games list is being developed and you can find out more either through our Facebook event  or through our website. You can also follow us on Twitter: @soxsgamingday.

South Oxfordshire Gaming Day (or SOXS) is a Gaming Day set up by some of the members of the Abingdon Guild of Adventurers. The event is raising money for the Footsteps Foundation, a charity that provides physiotherapy for disabled children.

SOXS 2015 will be taking place on Saturday 31st October at Radley Village Hall, from 11am to 7pm. Doors open at 10.30am for game registration.  Entry costs £3 (minimum donation) but all board games, RPGs and other games are included. Entry for  children under 15 is free.

What’s being played?
See the Games List page for the updated list of games on offer. There will be roleplaying games, board games and card games taking place, as well as a charity raffle with gaming prizes. Refreshments will also be available.

Last year we ran D&D Expeditions, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, some indie games and some board games. This year there will be more of the same, including an expanded range of RPGs for children (which was wildly popular last year), so you can bring the kids to play Sock Puppet RPG as well as one or two other games for the little ones."

Useful Info:

You can download a copy of the current flyer in PDF format here: flyer for gaming day 2015

Please note that all under 16s should be accompanied by an adult.

We’re sure that everyone will have a good time on the day, but to help ensure that happens we have a Harassment Policy.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: