Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 21:56:54 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Who said anything about panicking? This is still culture shock. You wait till I`ve settled down in the situation and found my bearings a bit. Then I`ll start panicking. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Go!  (Read 4080 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 26 July 2016, 10:43:04 »

Not sure how I feel about this "craze" whilst it appears to get more people outside it is turning them into phone zombies. You can't really appreciated the great outdoors by staring at it through augmented reality!

The big downside for me is that all these extra people milling about are not really paying attention to where they are going, meaning others have to avoid them, and more importantly they are dropping litter everywhere!.

Now I may not understand the "fun" element of playing this game but I do understand that there "fun" is ruining mine as I have to walk my dog through others rubbish spoiling once beautiful parks and rivers.

Come on people if you've finished with something find a bin, there are plenty around or just take it back home and dispose of it there, the floor is not a *damn* bin have some respect for others and maybe just maybe they will respect you back..

I hope these people will continue to enjoy the outside once the "craze" has died down or replaced with the next greatest thing but l just want to be able to enjoy the same space without it being spoiled.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2016, 13:04:08 »

You've got to humour them to a degree. Lot of them haven't really been outside in a while. Smiley
PM
Lefthandrule
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2016, 12:56:17 »

I saw someone in Nottingham on Monday walk out in front of a Tram whilst on Pokemon!
He looked very surprised when the big noisy green and silver dragon heading towards him turned out to be a real.  Grin

The funny thing was, he almost dropped his phone jumping out of the way. Evil

Custard: A detestable substance produced by a malevolent conspiracy of the hen, the cow, and the cook.

Devil's Dictionary (1906)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: