Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 22:50:34 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Oh no, not again. - Bowl of Petunias
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who Roleplaying Game  (Read 2090 times)
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« on: 20 July 2017, 01:07:09 »

I've seen this in the store once or twice and never quite felt the need to get it. There's elements of the thing I'd be interested in someday, but I can't quite justify the full price of the book just on the off chance that I'd run it one day, given I don't think such a game would be a high priority and I've other RPG books that I'm more interested in. However, I do keep half an eye on Humble Bundle, and they've currently got a bundle of Doctor Who RPG stuff up. I might not be prepared to pay full whack, but 77p right now for the core book and the first Doctor source book? I can justify that on the off chance I ever read it.

I don't think I'd run a game from a PDF, but having it makes me a lot more likely to one day buy the book from Spirit Games, so I figure it's worth a look, right?

If anyone else is tempted, here's the link to the pdf bundle. The main rulebook is in the base tier, but there's a huge load of source-books should you be interested in higher tiers. (Note - The site lets you choose who the money goes to. Cubicle 7, the guys who made the game, Humble Bundle as a tip and the charity seems to be Children in Need themselves. You can configure who gets what at the bottom, near where you pay).

And if you like it, I believe Spirit Games also has it in stock in the infinitely more practical dead-tree format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: