Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
21 May 2018, 21:23:07 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Glad to be of Service - Doors of The Heart of Gold
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirit Games Wednesday Night - 2018  (Read 232 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 01 April 2018, 12:47:28 »

I fear that Wednesday nights at the shop is becoming a victim of its own success lately.They are getting a lot of new people, some of whom have become regular visitors. Whilst this is fantastic for the local gaming it does mean on occasions the shop is bursting at the seams.

I have often considered whether to remain an attendee on Weds as by the time I get there, which is at least 1/2hr after the official start typically, there is either no space or having to just jump into an available space rather than getting a chance to be involved on the game selection. Unfortunately there are currently not many alternatives, other than hosting something myself or going to a pub. Pubs are fine but generally the tables are not really suited to most of the modern boardgames as their functionality is really to hold drinks  Beer so sized accordingly. The other "issue" is of course you are obliqued to buy drinks/snacks in order to support using the space, not necessarily a problem but does mean there is now a monetary cost to play!

Not sure what the real alternative is here but it's certainly something I am considering seriously. Like everyone else that goes on Wed night I have a large collection I struggle to play all of in any given year, so with the choice of games taken on the night it is not always possible to get one of your own games played. I have considered going to more of the larger cons, as I am buying less games but then you look at the cost of taking 2 people to them and it equates to more than a price of a game to just go play not really value for money.

At least there is B&P and of course Raiders of the Game Cupboard, though as an organiser I do not often get to play as many games as the attendees but I do get some played which is a bonus.

All that being said gaming at the shop is thriving and there is a good crowd there with a good diverse selection of games. It remains a great place to meet up with new friends and old as well as getting in some excellent gaming amongst friendly people.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: