Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 19:44:55 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
No, we just stopped fiddling with them.I think this ship has a far better idea of where it`s going then we do. - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EXPO 2011 After Event Report  (Read 2583 times) Average Rating: 0
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 06 June 2011, 11:47:37 »

I didnt manage to get to Expo this year again but would love to know what when on & what those of you who did go thought of it as if nothing else this will wind me up into a very evil state of mind for GMing this week

Go on spill the beans you know you want to.....

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2011, 12:34:08 »

"Spirit Games Stand - Phil and Sally Arranging the Stock"

So Spirit Games managed to grab the same Spot as last year at the UK Expo 2011. This is one of the main halls and in quite a nice position with a bunch of Demo Tables opposite the Stand.

Phil and Sally got the stand setup on the Fri and we arrived on the Sat/Sun to help out.
I started on the Saturday by doing demo's of Cargo Noir from Days of Wonder.

"Cargo Noir Demo"

This is a really beautifull looking game, with some excellent components, as is to be expected from Days of Wonder, but is also a really great little game to play.
I had several full games of this in quick succession with everyone enjoying themselves playing the game. Thanks to everyone I played the game with, I enjoyed every game even though I lost everyone of them Smiley

I Started a 3rd game of this by talking the group through the rules and gameplay before escaping for a lunch and a rest of my voice Wink

"King of Tokyo"

Nick, meanwhile, spent most of the Day demonstrating King of Tokyo which proved very popular through the day both in being played and in sales.

In the afternoon we managed a couple of games of Guillotine a fun little card game based around the French Revolution. Always a pleasure to play this game, the cards are well produced and the game is really simple but fun.

Talked a few people through the rules of Nuts! this is a quick card game where players try and collect 20 points worth of Nuts! to win. This game is quick, simple and extremely funny, it always generates plenty of jokes around the table as various cards are played.

The day went really quickly as the show itself was very busy, as it usually is on the Saturday. The food, while mostly good, was overpriced as venues like this always do.

Sunday started quite smoothly, everything already having been setup and arranged the previous day. The Sunday is always a quieter more sedate day at Expo. This year was no exception, giving everyone a chance to check out the show.

I started the day by doing a demo of Conquest of Planet Earth which proved to be another popular game with me barely able to reset the game before the next set of players came and sat down Smiley. Again thanks to all the people I played with, I really enjoyed this and your company, especially since I had only played this once before and had a quick bone up of the rules just before starting.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the games and this game was on the go all day, with the demo team changing part way through the day.

Nick, was again demonstrating King of Tokyo which seems to have been quite a hit all weekend.

There were a lot of independent game makers at this years show demonstraing their games and seeling them. I managed to bag one of these that appealed to me and I will be taking this along to Spirit Games on Wednesday to give it a good play through.

A fantastic show again there were plenty of prototype games, new games and other interesting stuff I would have liked to spent some time looking at but as always its a busy weekend and I never seem to find enough time to escape my duties and have a good nose.

Hats off to the organisers who once gain pulled a blinder, everyone looked to be having fun and spending money which is obviously good for everyone Smiley we have to support our hobby in harsh times, if we want to keep enjoying these wonderful games in the future.

Well when I have finally managed to catch up on my lost sleep after this weekend, I am sure I will look forward to next years show!..

(A few more Pictures from the Day can be seen on BB Enterprises Blog)

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2011, 12:43:31 »

Great start who else went? I need to know what you got up at EXPO 2011 to as well

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: