Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
01 May 2024, 11:14:44 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Ah. So I`m a Masochist on a diet am i?. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonRiders  (Read 2042 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 09 June 2010, 00:49:55 »

The artwork and components of this game are very good, the rules are however poorly translated so a visit to this thread on boardgamegeek is worth a visit to clarify the gameplay.

Essentially this is a dragon racing game, there is magic, energy and traps all the good things you'd expect. The track is modular and set within a frame to hold is still. With this modular approach each race will be unique as each part is double sided.

Each player has a starting card which determines position at the starting grid and initial speed etc. they also have a speed dial, each turn they can increase or decrease their speed by upto 300. There is a range of flight paths in various speed lengths each of which has a different arc of movement. Once you have your speed set each dragon makes a maneuver as long as they do not touch the track boundary or another dragon they can complete their full flight.

this game is really quite fun and plays quite well the only downside is that the dragons are quite lightweight so when you place the flight paths next to the base it is easy to nudge them. There are various suggestions on boardgamegeek on how to weight them and stop them sliding, I will probably give one of these a go.

Good game, easy to learn and play but just a little fiddly.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: