Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 17:41:35 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Trillian? She`s just a kid. Cute, yeah, but tempremental. You know how it is with women. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirit Games evolution – an explanation from Phil  (Read 738 times)
Spirit Games
Burton Delvers
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« on: 12 September 2020, 14:44:12 »

With involvement in the games industry going back to the Seventies, we are to many people dinosaurian, and while we share some characteristics, we do not intend to become extinct just yet.
And as I head towards the dotage for which I have been so obviously practising, young Sally has made it clear that I need to be looking after her, not vice versa, so I have to keep the brain functional.

With costs ever rising and market share falling, it was apparent pre-covid that something had to give, and the lock-down helped to clarify the situation. Until a couple of years ago we seemed to have found a niche offering help and advice amidst the bewildering display of new games, but recently more and more people have been just going for the latest on-line sensation, ignoring the shop. Competition for on-line sales has massively increased, though strangely, our on-line sales have held up well. Loyal customers around the world have stuck with us, while local customers have increasingly gone elsewhere, or are simply broke, or have already bought so many games from us that they really, really don’t need any more. Some have done their absolute best to support us throughout, and they have my heartfelt thanks.

The upshot of this mail order will continue as normal, and we will continue to have a local presence, albeit at arm’s length, which is alas the way of things these days anyway. Until 14th November the shop will operate relatively normally, still on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday while we prepare for the move on the days in between, and from 22nd November collections can be arranged by phone (usual number) or e-mail, from Webbe’s Self Storage, Wharf Road, Burton, from our house nearby, or from a convenient pub, assuming some have survived by then. We are all waiting to see what is possible in 2021 perhaps a mini Beer & Pretzels eventually? Until then, keep in touch, and stay lucky.

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: