Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 08:55:05 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We going to get lynched aren`t we? - Phouchg
Linked Events
  • Integrity - Black Crystal Sphere: 04 August 2010

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Integrity - Black Crystal Sphere (Part 4)  (Read 5260 times)
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« on: 04 August 2010, 04:03:31 »

There is a Desert where the City once stood. Towering structures of sand-blasted, heat cracked glass and stone rise from the translucent sands like fingers. The air itself burns amidst the ruins of the never setting sun. They say that the Final Citadel stands unharmed, the Sun frozen in place above it for all time. Nothing that lives can stand in the City or Gaze upon the Final Citadel without being consumed by flames.

The City is surrounded by a Desert the size of Continents, filled with translucent sand and mad jagged cliffs of glass. The Wind blows almost constantly, the skies streaked by steam-clouds from the ever boiling seas. Beyond the Desert and the Plains of Twisted Glass, beyond the ruins of a thousand mighty cities lies the Band of Dusk and Dawn. A ring of living things upon on the edge of the last day.

In the Shadow of the Mountains of Twighlight stand the Towers of the Nightmare Lords, black and horrible structures that claw at the sky and defy the howling wind.

It is said by some that the lands beyond, where the night is impenitrable and all heat has died are as empty as the burning waste of the Dayside, but if viewed from a distance you would see the lie in this. Strange green lights glint faintly off of unnatural, inhuman structures. Hidden valleys in this Cainian wasteland echo with distant musics and strange incenses. Great rifts in the rocky flatlands glow with putrid flourescences as a vast, creeping forest of ice-coated fungal life slowly claims the dark lands of Starside.

Somewhere above one of these alien forests floats the Obsidian Fortress of the Black King. A vast, impossible castle of nthinkably remote age that is said to be constructed upon the back of an Earth-Mote of considerable size and held in place by vast Iron Chains.

Spirit Games, 7pm
« Last Edit: 04 August 2010, 04:07:47 by Snakes in the Tiki Lounge » Logged
Tombwalker
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2010, 10:50:20 »

"Ready, Steady, FIRE!!!", Shouts I.  (Zyne)

Time to duck, cover and wait for the Boom. 

Death is the only certanty in life,
how you get there and how much fun you have on the way
is only limited by your own imagination.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2010, 13:23:48 »

Last time on...

So, the battle ended... and something else happened. The cannon fired, using as it's method of propulsion the only available gun powder on the ship. A container said to have been in the far realms for a bit. Everyone hit the deck *ahem* however, that didnt help too much. The explosion itself caused some sort of reaction with rock 'appropriated' from Sigil. The result was a cloud of debris and fumes, which we happened to be caught in. All of us mannage to breathe in, which caused visions. Some of us werent so lucky. The Zyne and Rayvil collapsed on the floor frothing at the mouth. The 'new' drow went over to investigate the strange substance oozing from the cannon, tried to collect some, and mannage to get herself into the same state. Strange visions were seen, of twisting reality, tentacled horrors and the backs of our own heads.

Meanwhile, the paladin (sorry, warlord) had launched himself off the edge of the ship in order to attack the enemy vessel. The monk tied himself to OUR ship and followed. Some battle ensued and the enemies went their way, and we got our overboard people back. The three frothing people came to, the drow went off to study.The three went slightly crazy, we arrived at the Black Crystal Sphere and found out that Rayvil had, in the recent past, mannaged to piss off an ancient and VERY powerful vampire called Strahd. Quileska sent her shadows around the planet on the sruvey, mannage to find the most dangerous looking spot on the world, which apparently we need to visit immediately according to our former statue. There was some surmising about the nature of this shape changing soul eating dragon and the No-body we're after (Nimic) and that they COULD be one and the same.

Thus ended the adventure for that evening.

NO. We are NOT GOING TO THE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!$%$£%!%!!!%!^%!!!!^!!$£!!!(!&!(!!!!

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2010, 13:45:51 »

Interesting...

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2010, 16:41:15 »

NO. We are NOT GOING TO THE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!$%$£%!%!!!%!^%!!!!^!!$£!!!(!&!(!!!!

I think at this point Morgalahan lost it

Very amusing   Evil

Well done TIKI 

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Tombwalker
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2010, 23:10:46 »

I think that the intention is to use the floating, CHAINED castle as a navigational point as it can be seen from a great distance.   I suppose we need to do a bit of mapping to ascertain the most likely location of our quary.

This time might also allow me a bit of time to do some sky surfing with my ZynaWing tied of to the back of the ship  Evil
« Last Edit: 07 August 2010, 23:13:02 by Tombwalker » Logged

Death is the only certanty in life,
how you get there and how much fun you have on the way
is only limited by your own imagination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: