Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
23 April 2024, 15:40:24 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
No, don`t you understand, this is the first time I`ve actually stood on the surface of another planet ... a whole alien world ... ! Pity it`s such a dump though. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dust's Tomb (also probably dusty)  (Read 10280 times)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« on: 14 September 2010, 19:23:40 »

Hi all

I'm not in a fit frame of mind to run the last of Changeling tomorrow night, so I'm just taking it easy and playing in dust's game.

To that end I'm making a character, obviously, and therefore would like to know what is already present in the party, role wise. I'm also trying to come up with hilarious and fun concepts to run, for the hell of it.

I wasnt there last time, so if anyone would like to fill me in... *ahemtiki* I'd be happy Cheesy

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2010, 21:43:27 »

Shocked truly I am but I do understand had a few Clogs in the works myself  Cry Still dont fret too much. Tiresome as it may be you have to pick yourself up & get stuck in again.

I will try to make it myself but not promising I will defiantly be there as I am having a knackered week.

My character is a Dragon born Fighter so we will have a defender.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2010, 22:29:40 »

Let me see;
Wizard - Controller
Robotic Invoker - Controller
Vampiric Fighter - Defender
Kenku Rogue/Sorcerer - Striker / Skillmonkey
I can't remember what Bob rolled, it was either another fighter, or a barbarian? I think it was a fighter, though a different build to the Vamp.  

So, couple of ranged blasty controllers, a couple of defenders, a striker. Possibly Simon's Dragon-Born, if he makes it, meaning another defender.

So, we're potentially light on leaders and strikers (my Kenku is not optimised for damage, though I'm pretty sure that the defenders and controllers all tend a little more towards striker as their secondary roll, so average damage is probably not terrible.)

I believe the idea has been, for the most part, that screw the party roles, just play something awesome, lulzy or otherwise that has been banging around in your head for a while.

- That said, if you wanted a simple way of introducing yourself, a couple of character suggestions; Andy is playing a Wizard, there may be some kind of wizardly association involved (a mage's guild or so) or if you are feeling confrontational a rival magical-organisation, this would provide an easy route in for any arcane character, particularly perhaps an Artificer?
Tim is playing the Robot-angel-invoker of Tiamat. A Paladin of Tiamat built on the Divine Power build (Ardent Paladin?) is capable of dishing out striker level damage, and would probably still have *some* healing potential. Admittedly, possibly only so much. I'd check, but my character builder still isn't showing Paladin's right, so there we go. Smiley
« Last Edit: 14 September 2010, 22:58:30 by Snakes in the Tiki Lounge » Logged
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2010, 05:19:13 »

I also have a Half Elf Cleric I have been playing about with the design of for some time in two versions I would be happy to play either.

EvilGinger

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2010, 07:50:58 »

Nah, don't stress it. I only made suggestions for Morgalahan because she asked about roles and so on. If you prefer the Fighter, go for it!

Oh, while I'm at it;
Last time, we were on a caravan journey (theoretically being paid for protecting the Caravan by being allowed to ride for free), when something happened.
None of us have the faintest idea what, we just woke up in the rubble of what had been the Caravan train, and found that not only was almost everyone missing, there were also the ruins of numerous other Caravans in the region. Some were really quite old, infact.

Whilst investigating this, we spotted a strange clearing with an ominous Rock (Possibly a Monolith? Might just be a rock) at it's center. Before we approached, several creatures were spotted lying in wait. Two Harpies and a couple of other strange humanoids attacked, but were dealt with.
Curiously, whenever one died, they first attempted a final attack, moving like a puppet, before shadowy gasses escaped from the body, leaving them a dessicated corpse.

So, basically, a jolly outing, I guess. Smiley
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2010, 15:28:40 »

Okay, one more question: Did everyone build their characters with level appropriate wealth, i.e. 5000gp?

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2010, 16:35:08 »

I did for mine, the three Magic items at level, level+1 & level -1 & level appropriate wealth not sure what happened with every one else as I seem to have missed a session

I should make it & be fit to play as I had a decent rest & feel a bit zingy. I will bring my characters with me.

EvilOrange

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2010, 16:46:34 »

What I meant was, has everyone else built their character JUST with the level appropriate wealth, i.e. just the 5000 gp and bought your items out of that?

Thats what the DM is telling me is the correct way, so if you've done it another way I suggest changing it.

So, to clarify, no extra items of level, level +1 and level -1, JUST the 5000gp.

Unless everyone else has done it that way and has already played with their characters like that... then I'm stumped.

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2010, 17:53:37 »

At which point I am confused since I sent the gm a copy of one of the characters I had lined up with items at level, level+1 & level -1 & beyond being told that the game was at 11th level not 14th like the original S1 I got no comment on that so worked my dragon born back three levels.

Dust could we have your input please.

EvilGinger

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2010, 18:05:55 »

Minor misunderstanding, level 11 with a level 12, 11 and 10 item as well as cash equivalent to a level 10 item is infact the default. So you should be fine at this point.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2010, 19:03:52 »

Warning! Major miscommunication and misunderstanding error! Please to ignore previous posts!

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2010, 23:57:30 »

Changing the subject I would like to thank Dust for his Tomb of horrors & hope I am not dead by next week as I had to leave early.

EvilGinger

Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2010, 01:11:31 »

Count yon the shadows, watch the sun
The wise know where they stand;
While knowing not the time to shun,
The fools must find themselves undone.

Like lustful swain or paniced child
Who beg another's gentle hand
The fool dalies heedless through the wild
The wise are not so soon beguiled.

When darkness falls and dreams portend
The rising of a fearsome foe
The fool, swift, striking meets his end,
The wise know foe from friend

Let art and image point the way,
abandon all you think you know
for common sense leads fool astray
The key is simple this: obey

The wise must ever strategise:
They never play, unless to win.
They see the harm in comfort's lies.
And needs to open weary eyes.

you've fought your way, you've risked demise
To view the icy heart within
Now as the soul within you dies,
This knowledge is your only prize:
You'd never have come, were you truly wise.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a thought about the line of art and image (I think it is about the visions we get when we use divinational magic)
Slatie
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2010, 20:07:45 »

TOO MANY WORDS!!!!

I do woodwork not poems.

To quote Aliens 'I only need to know one thing.... Where they are'

well two things 'show me the money (treasure)' should be included in there to.

Kind of the Us Marines with an agent.

Grin

Toast me a kipper I'll be home for Breakfast.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2010, 22:26:52 »

Why do i feel intimidated when people post good poetry on this forum?

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: