Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 10:31:34 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Trust you? Zaphod me old mate, Id trust you from about as far as I could comfortably take your appendix out. - Ford Prefect
Linked Events
  • RuneQuest Forgoten Realms Episode 8: 03 October 2010

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Of Orcs & Dwarves Part II (delayed)  (Read 7153 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 03 October 2010, 06:31:57 »

Owing to the non availability of one of the Key players it was decided to delay this till later well its now later &  you should look below for some sort of idea of what's preceded this.

http://www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=1250.0

I would also appreciate it if  TIKI could bring his battle mats and dry wipe markers as this is likely to get messy Sharpen you dice draw your courage up etc & etal.....

The Game is a foot.......

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2010, 20:48:59 »

I am annoyed I have just had to apologise for to a player for his having to wait round for the better part of two hours for two people who where reportedly running slightly late. He went home  Cussing off there was still no sign of the slightly late people who then tell me that they might not be coming at all. I am now  Cussing Cussing of  and left with no game to run.

I also may have permanently lost a player as a result of this, as a result the two persons are now banned from any game I run until I receive an apology. Stuff happens but I put myself out to recruit people and plan stuff as well as stay up well past my normal bed time & people cant even show a degree of curtsey. 

I await your reply

Evil

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2010, 01:23:39 »

I expected better.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2010, 04:53:39 »

No Tiki my response was entirely proportionate especially as the party's in the wrong had specifically asked for the game to run earlier and the person who was stood up had driven all the way from Uttoxeter for the game.

I appreciate your being diplomatic but I am not going to accept what happened yesterday, and the only way to sort it out is for the responsible party's to accept their fault and apologise. If they can't bring themselves to then I am very much afraid I can live with that situation to. 

EvilGinger

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2010, 05:01:57 »

Then I'm afraid I too will have to pull out of Sunday games for the forseeable future.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 04 October 2010, 05:55:59 »

OK TIKI I think that rather settles things then, I will remove the posting from the appropriate sites and consider the game over.

EvilGinger

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2010, 15:09:14 »

An explanation of events from our perspective.

The usual time is around 6 o'clock to arrive. Tiki usually gets there a lot later. I requested that dust send EvilGinger a text to let him know we would be running late as I was baking a cake to bring along. I'll admit we ran a bit past that, as I expected us to be there about 6:30, as the usual start time has been around 6-7, with the actual playing never starting until Tiki arrives. We werent informed of an earlier start and we never requested to start at anything other than the normal time, as we have no real reason for the game to be run earlier. I'm usually quite happy to wait for Tiki before we begin. I'm not really sure why EvilGinger stated that we had requested an earlier start, as I thought that it was Peter who had done this.

No time was posted anywhere that I could find, as I only know about the Burger bar. I don't remember it being mentioned to us that we should arrive extra early so that we could start playing without Tiki and with Pete.

We were asked to arrive for a specific time last weekend, and we did, only being slightly late and letting Ginger know of this in advance. We were still the first to arrive.

I never, at any point, mentioned that we werent going to make it. In fact, we were just around the corner when we were informed that there was not going to be a game. We had made every effort to be polite and made sure to let EvilGinger know a long time in advance that we were not going to be there for the usual time.

We were only informed that Pete was waiting for us during the first phone call, by which time we were already on our way over.

I am sorry that Peter had to suffer through all the misunderstanding and assumption by both parties. Neither myself or dust has any contact information for him, so we can't explain to him directly.

There are other factors involved, but for the most part this is the relevant information. I'm trying to be rational and put a factual explanation here as to what happened from our side. I don't like to point fingers, alienate and generally abuse other people, and I feel that dust and myself have been. I really don't appreciate being sworn at, in any situation. I tried my best to be civil last night, even when I was not treated so myself.

I don't want to limit anyone's fun and entertainment because of a squabble caused by misunderstanding.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2010, 17:34:24 »

Apology accepted thank you Morgalahan.

Though I am not sure if I will be able to run RQ forgotten Realms for a while  as we really do need a player or two to make up the numbers. It might need to be run of a Wednesday or a Thursday to get the numbers to do it properly. 

I will see you all on Wednesday & PM you a list of Evilginger Frenzy triggers for future reference.

EvilGinger

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: