Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 06:46:43 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Don`t Knock it ......It worked - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Yinkin  (Read 3410 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 11 October 2010, 12:14:01 »

Welcome Yinkin to the Big Bang Burger Bar.

I hope you will find us all friendly and welcoming.
Feel free to join in conversations and please do reply telling us a little about yourself.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Yinkin
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2010, 12:26:43 »

I am 38 years old and I live in Burton on trent, I do some menial office job. I started roleplaying when I was about 14, somehow missed d&d and went straight into gaming with Judge dredd Rpg (the old GW version) and WHFRP. I used to game extensively with a group in Derby but I dropped out when they went over to mostly playing D&d, one of the few systems that I cant really get along with. My gaming experience includes Star wars D6, Cyberpunk, Heroquest, Deadlands, Call of Cthulhu and many others. I now play a lot of boardgames, mostly with my wife and her family and console games on the PS3 when I cant find boardgame or RPG players. I have also started dabbling in the lighter side of Hex and counter wargames although a lack of regular playing partners is hampering that pursuit.  I am also quite fond of cheese.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2010, 13:31:30 »

You'll find we have people here who play both boardgames and RPGs that aren't D&D. Some of us also have families and PS3's and a great deal would profess a love of cheese. In summary; - Welcome!

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2010, 17:11:11 »

Welcome on board as the Squirrel says we are a diverse lot who are into just about every thing you mention. For Board gaming have a look at Wednesday night at Spirit Games as well as RPG's D&D 4edn  at the moment though we have seen New WoD changeling & Vampire, there are also threats of Old WoD Vampire in the near future. There are also thursday night games on a regular basis running Star wars though not the original at the moment. There are other Games stuff on as I have been known to run games both at Spirit games and at my lair, though I am not running any thing a the moment.

see you around  Cheesy

EvilGinger     

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2010, 20:14:17 »

As others have mentioned Spirit Games weekly wed night sessions are a good place to start, otherwise there is a quarterly event held in the Salvation Army Citadel Called "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" which I am on the committee for. This is a boardgame/rpg/ccg ..... event and the next one is Dec 29th this year.

There is plenty of gaming going on around here and you are sure to find something you like Smiley

Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing you at a game sometime.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: