Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 April 2024, 03:20:40 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I said, Does anyone know ..... - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ODDS The Gaming E-zine - contributors wanted!  (Read 2651 times)
Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« on: 05 November 2010, 14:48:15 »

Hi everyone –

A while ago I published an online magazine called ODDS – they can be found at http://stores.lulu.com/FarsightGames for free download - which ran for 9 issues and featured interviews and articles on the RPG hobby. I created it as a home for my own RPG articles and to help promote Farsight Games, my little corner of the RPG world. It was a simple magazine, created on Microsoft Word and converted into a PDF, and made available as a free download. It proved popular and I had many subscribers (at the last count it was roughly five and a half thousand worldwide).

Now I’m thinking about starting it up again, but this time I want to include more than articles on the RPG hobby. Wargames, card games, board games, anything at all that gaming clubs gather to play. I’m looking at each issue to be about 15-20 pages, to be distributed monthly.

Before I worked on the ‘zine with my own articles and I had plenty of material to use, but now I simply do not have the time. That’s why I’m posting this message to all the  local gaming clubs.

If any of you have anything you want to say, share or review on the gaming hobby – any aspect of it – then please donate your work to the magazine. Any articles published will get you worldwide exposure and I will advertise anything you wish to make available to the public*. This includes clubs, things you may have for sale and events.

Contributions can be the following things:

-   Reviews of any products
-   Thoughts and opinions on the hobby you are writing about
-   Game reports, such as battle logs or RPG session reports
-   Artwork (including comic strips and portfolios)
-   Small games
-   Scenarios
-   Interviews
-   Event reports

Articles can be of any length but preferably over 500 words. All are subject to editing, of course, but 99% of the time I publish articles as they are. If any drastic changes are to be made you will be informed beforehand.

The magazine is simple and easy and it’ll be a great way for clubs in the Midlands to advertise themselves to not only the region but the nation, even the world, and the hosting and distribution will be taken care of by Farsight Games and Hard Sixes. If you’re interested then email me at hardsixes@gmail.com and I’ll add you to a mailing list.

Thanks for your time!

*Does not include retail stores, either physical or internet-based.

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2010, 07:06:25 »

I would be more than happy to contribute but will need to have a think about quite what to do first.

Evil Ginger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2010, 11:57:14 »

I would be more than happy to contribute but will need to have a think about quite what to do first.

Evil Ginger

That'd be great - drop me an email and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: