Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 07:03:18 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Share and Enjoy - Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scum & Villany  (Read 5053 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 02 February 2011, 12:31:55 »

Just so every one knows the Salvation Army Citadel in Burton home of Raiders & now Beer & Lard day was attacked by metal thieves and a great deal of damage was caused as water & central heating pipes where amongst the metal fittings stolen. There is an article in today's Burton Mail (Wednesday 02 February) about this. The building is out of commission at the moment & looking at quite a repair bill.

I am suggesting in the light of the Citadels use to the gaming community we should have a whip round to contribute to the cost of repairs. I will certainly be putting & £10 in the pot for a start.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2011, 15:42:36 »

rotters! may i suggest some kind of collection tin/display in spirit would be an idea too (sal/phil permitting). i hereby pledge a tenner sometime next week.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2011, 05:44:55 »

Drop me an email at seattle.house@hotmail.com I will get a cheque (in pounds sterling) sent to an address (or to Zarniwoop if he lets me know his latest house address)

Slug in Seattle

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2011, 06:32:37 »

I have made contact with the local Salvation army & I am expecting the officer in charge to contact me with details of who to make cheques payable to etc.

I also intended to get Phil to put a collection box in the shop but when I went into talk to him yesterday he was sorting out an event in Leicester tomorrow & I found I was helping to supervise  UGIO tournament. This sort of distracted both of us. I will keep people updated.

EvilGinger

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2011, 09:43:57 »

Article about the theft and damage caused

salvation army metal thief

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2011, 12:51:45 »

Thanks for that Zarni, I went looking for that article when I initially posted, but could not find it I assume that it was not yet on the Burton Mail web site. I had meant to go looking latter but it slipped my mind as things do.

EvilGinger

whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2011, 03:51:47 »

Looks like a few hundred quids worth of damage. Any ideas yet what the butchers bill will be? I have a tame plumber who can help out with this type of stuff in future (I am assuming it is done and dusted by now??)
Bung donations where?
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2011, 19:26:41 »

By way of an update.
Have no idea what the cost of the damage might be but as both gas & water pipes from the central heating where taken it might be in the thousands not to mention the damage caused by the flooding which seems to be mostly downstairs & upgrades to the security system.

Donations I can deal with

Cash
The Portal Games Group which meets in the Citadel on Wednesday evenings  have a collecting tin so I would suggest going there especially as there is the chance of combining it with a board game or two at Spirit.

Cheques & postal orders
Make them payable to the Salvation army & if you need to post them send them to me PM me for my address or look at the HomePapers web site. Cheques from overseas have to be in UK currency from a UK bank as bank charges on foreign currency transactions particularly from over seas banks will really eat into your generosity.

& dont forget to put your name and address on the back of any cheques or postal orders  as this will stop the tax man getting hold of any of your donation.

EvilGinger

Ps For the record I put a £10 in the collection on wednesday as I indicated I would above.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2011, 19:57:47 by EvilGinger » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: