Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 14:31:27 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m Game, we`ll see who rusts first. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bundles and Lack of Competition Rant  (Read 4615 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 10 April 2011, 01:26:09 »

is it just me or do these so called "bundle" deals from Virgin, Sky etc. smack of them doing themselves a favour?

I mean I have been a Sky customer for a looooong time now but I do not get any recompense for that. The only way I get a cheaper deal is to get everything from Sky Phone, Broadband and TV.

But see, if I am happy with my Phone and Broadband supplier I end up with a raw deal, I mean how about rewarding customers for choosing ANY of Sky's products.

It's like their new Anytime Plus, On demand TV & Film great, unless you do not have Sky broadband and can not use it.

If Burton had Cable in my area I would switch, but unfortunately it is not and as a lot of what I watch is on sky channels Freesat/Freeview does not offer a full replacement.

You could go for BT Vision, but again you need BT Broadband and as my digital life is tied to my current supplier (plusnet) who has shown both exemplary customer service and price why would I want to switch.

Rather than browbeat ISP's over the term "Upto", which quite frankly does what it says on the tin and if people want to complain about that they really should read some of the fine print on their insurance and other documents first, they should spend some time looking into these services that tie you into specific products whilst not really offering any proper competition in the market place.

The other annoyance with Sky is that you pay a high price for the Basic package then a pittance for the other TV packs which means, in most cases, you might as well buy the full set. Why not sell the basic package really cheap and let people actually choose what channels they want for a fairer price.

I know this will not change but it is sometimes good to have a rant at the world just to get over it Wink

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2011, 17:17:32 »

It's just what businesses are doing these days. They'll do anything to make you pay larger sums upfront.

Buy one get one half price & multipacks of things in supermarkets etc., D&D's insider is £15/month for a suite of things i'll never use.

Just recently i traded in some cards to a site for store credit that i later found i could only spend by buying their products first on my card and getting the money 'refunded' to my paypal account that allows me to only spend the money online at paypal friendly sites!

Businesses want more of your money please. Please spend more.  Roll Eyes

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2011, 05:18:51 »

I know I am evil but DAT given your argument  so is Phil,  which is wrong. We all need to eat and not sponge of the state, but I do agree that the trend to sell people more stuff than they want by service company's is very irritating at times verging on a rip off.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Sam
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2011, 12:18:19 »

Discovered after our 12 month contract with virgin ran out that staying with them gave no extra benefit. Then discovered that threatening to leave them cut the cost of our package almost in half... seems it can sometimes be worth making a fuss.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2011, 16:17:35 »

hmm good stuff.
By the way, Phil aint evil, he does good savings deals that he advertises in shop and doesn't exclusively do package deals.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2011, 16:02:30 »

I know he isn't but following the logic, if logic it could be called, of your post would have sugested he was & I would have had to punish you squirrel if you had not recanted. Now all I have to do is torment you as normal.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2011, 17:22:39 »

Straw-man fallacy, really?
Bad Evilginger. No biscuit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: