Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 22:11:32 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
You want the taste of dried leaves boiled in water? - Nutri-Matic Drinks Synthesizer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alzheimer’s Society  (Read 2666 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 21 June 2011, 21:01:49 »

I thought I would post a message linking to Alzheimer's Society to highlight their good works and because this is very close to home as my father suffers from Alzheimer's disease. I know times are hard but this is a worthy cause, as they all are, as this disease is cruel to both the suffer and the families around them as they slowly lose themselves.

It is good that societies like this exist to provide information and support to sufferers and families alike as well as funding research into finding a cure

Alzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Many of our 25,000 members have personal experience of dementia, as carers, health professionals or people with dementia themselves, and their experiences help to inform our work.

See how Alzheimer's disease has affected Stan and his family and the impact dementia has had on their lives;

Thank you for choosing to support Alzheimer's Society, you are helping people to live well with dementia today, and helping us find a cure for tomorrow. 

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2011, 21:14:54 »

Another unpleasant affliction & difficult to cope with both as a sufferer or a carer but one there is a lot of hope for arresting the progress of if not curing in the near future. My heart goes out to any one with this or any other sort of dementia & to their friends & family's who often lose a loved one before their time.

Still much good can be done with proper care & I whole heartedly support  Alzheimer’s Society for working to make sure every one gets proper care & cutting up good and rough should they not.

Ginger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: