Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 11:08:17 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Share and Enjoy - Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Necromunda  (Read 7361 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 23 June 2011, 17:28:40 »

last night Pug118 sugested that we might do a version of Necromunda done as a Rouge trader (1st ed warhammer 40k) sized skirmish game,  & I have a horrible feeling that another project is coming on here.

all I can say is watch this space.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2011, 04:36:50 »

I have now downloaded Necromunda which is free to download now from GW

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1330042_Necromunda_Rulebook.pdf

I will give it a read & see if we can come up with a conversion  what army's where people interested in having done?

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 26 June 2011, 05:21:15 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2011, 05:25:17 »

On Background its worth looking at  BEAMSTRIKE is also worth while for inspiration as this is a set which evolved from Tabletop Games Laserburn

& shares a common ancestry  with 40K

& its free to down load from here

http://www.neilandannettec.myby.co.uk/beamstrike.htm

with the Imperial Era Supplement being the most relevant

Spirit Games still has copys of Advanced Laserburn pictured above & a couple of the scenario books  which is good as its been out of print since Tabletop games closed down some years ago.

EvilGinger

« Last Edit: 26 June 2011, 05:31:40 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2011, 22:01:02 »

Not having heard from any one about what armies people might want I am working on

Guard both loyal & rebellious
Tau
Orcs
Marines
Chaos cultists
Human Planetary defence forces
Eldar
not to mention some home brewed stuff including "space scaven"

Please feel free to add more.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 28 June 2011, 22:02:47 by EvilGinger » Logged

Pug118
Slight Inkling

« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2011, 23:33:08 »

I was thinking about a Genestealer Cult, following the old fluff about the cult infiltrating society and, when the time is right, the Patriarch acting as a psichic beacon to the hive fleet.  Also the fluff about Lictors acting as independent forward elements, scouting ahead of the fleet.

Genestealer Brood Lord / Patriarch
Magus + Familiar
Genestealers
Hybrids
Gangers

Maybe a lone Lictor.
(Probably a gang by its self but good for the Terror factor.)

Beer

« Last Edit: 28 June 2011, 23:35:38 by Pug118 » Logged
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2011, 23:40:17 »

very good point I liked the old gene stealer fluff so much more terrifying than the rather unit they became in later editions of the rules I will have a think about that. Lictors as in a Platoon of Guard or gang or similar hunting or being hunted by one would also be rather fun.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2011, 19:23:25 »

found this whilst doing a search for the copy of the Necromunda living rule book I was sure I had. It looks to be an interesting source for the project.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2011, 15:10:26 »

Having had a good look at this & taking the WWII conversion attached above into consideration I have some further ideas on this

If we stick with the Necromunda rules model rather than the Mordheim one you would pick a side & within a budget attempt to fill out its force structure. The cost of each figure would include the cost of all its basic gear, with options for intregal special & heavy weapons if appropriate, to which extras could be added if the budget allowed.

However Unlike Necromunda each organisation includes secondary leaders as squad section or its equivalent leaders these would work for their troops as if they where the main leader but not for other troops in their side unless dictated by chain of command if the force had one.

for example

The Classic Cadian imperial guard Platoon consists of four infantry squads of nine men including, seven lazgunners  & a special weapons team each lead by a sergeant, and a command squad lead by the platoon commander  the nine members of which include a communications team & the crew for a heavy weapon as well as another special weapons team, though by default all apart from the Platoon commander are Lazgunners. All are additionally equipped with heavy flack armour

The budget for such a unit should start out as enough to fill out the roster with recruit standard troops, normal quality commander & squad leaders & provide each squad with a special weapon.

Tau fire warriors would operate in teams of six to twelve which would include a leader up to three of which would be deployed lead by an experienced commander who would act as over all force commander  & may lead his own team.  All would be by default armed with pulse rifles & equipped with standard Tau armour, pulse carbines & the Tau grenades would be at additional cost as would supporting drones & drone teams.

The budget should be sufficient to provide for three Pulse rifle armed teams of twelve including the team leader & counting the overall force commander as one of the team leaders.

To be continued but I hope you see what I am aiming at

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2011, 19:30:39 »

Marines would I feel operate in what amount to tactical squads with the budget being sufficient for around two of them given the basic armour & equipment available.

I have other Idea's but its too hot to think at the moment so may be latter.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 05 July 2011, 16:22:45 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2011, 16:08:50 »

I am not familiar enough with most of the latest iterations of the other main 40k races but I would assume Orcs and Kroot would use a warband structure with one leader which would look & play more like a traditional Necromunda gang all be it possibly on a larger scale numerically.

I dont think full blown tyranids fit in this sort of game but as mentioned before the genestealers & hybrids would with the hybrids having a gang like organization backed up by the full ones who would I feel operate either as solo hunters or packs depending on the size of the force. Eldar I feel Dark eldar would be a gang like warband given they are raiders & slavers & I would give the Eldar a military structure but it would be a lot different from the Guard or any human or Tau forces, I am not sure quite what it should be at this point.

I would welcome any suggestions form those who know a bit more about this sort of stuff

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 05 July 2011, 16:23:00 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2011, 21:03:29 »

Franconian (Imperial planet planetary defence force)

The Franconian P.D.F. is deployed as Companies of light infantry to conduct regular sweeps of peripheral areas in order to keep down the residual Ork population. Each company consists of two combat platoons and a command squad which sports all of the platoons support weapons, flamers mostly.  Franconian platoons are quite large commanded by a lieutenant & a senior sergeant & containing two half platoons of twenty men commanded by a Sergeant and a corporal most of the troops expect the lieutenant are armed with locally produced Fusils (single shot bolt weapons) & much play is put on bayonet work.

The following organization represents a newly raised platoon

Lieutenant – unarmoured Sword Lazpistol      base cost (120) + Gear Cr145
Senior sergeant- unarmoured Fusil & bayonet    base cost (100) + Gear Cr 135
Sergeant unarmoured Fusil & bayonet      base Cost (80) + Gear Cr 115
Corporal unarmoured Fusil & bayonet      base Cost (50) + Gear Cr 85
Soldier unarmoured Fusil & bayonet         base cost (25) + Gear Cr 60

Budget 3000 Cr with the basic force costing 2840Cr

Additional gear (diced for as at the traders post on page )
Frag & Smoke grenades Sergeants & corporals only concealed armour (flack) officers only extra ammunition any member

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2011, 21:18:59 »

Space ORK pirates

work in progress.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #12 on: 08 July 2011, 17:33:56 »

Not had any more thoughts on Space ORKS  beyond ogling the new mantic orcs for the  feral element of the force http://www.manticgames.com/Fantasy/Orcs.htmlyet but have been thinking that support weapons for those forces which use them which are not part of the unit should be treated after the fashion of hired guns paid for on a game by game basis & withdrawn when funding was no longer available. Which leads me to think about how Income or its equivalent might be determined for the game.

In Necromunda this is done by a gang acquiring a territory & in effect taxing it for income  this is a model which might work for some of the forces I have in mind but it would not I think fit the more conventional military ones like the Planetary defence force (PDF), Tau or Guard so something else would be needed. I have vague thoughts about victory points being gained in games being exchangeable for cash to buy better equipment hire in support elements and so forth but I have not yet thought thought the details.

I would value your thoughts

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 08 July 2011, 17:54:12 by EvilGinger » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: