Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 15:15:40 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
The Dew has clearly fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning. - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flogging a dead horse  (Read 19743 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2011, 18:00:37 »

You can try an automated excel sheet, or  try the demo of hero lab it has data files for pathfinder
« Last Edit: 22 August 2011, 19:38:34 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2011, 21:25:17 »

No But as I need one I shall go looking the free one on the Pathfinder site is a Beta of the paid for one by e-tools?

Zarni  thank you I have had a look at both & will probably get the Hero labs one or do the generation with Dice and a pencil as its only first level

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 22 August 2011, 21:30:55 by EvilGinger » Logged

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2011, 21:57:26 »

Tut tut boys and there toys Shocked what's wrong with pencil & dice or the die roller here if I can remember how to use it  Wink

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #18 on: 22 August 2011, 23:59:07 »

I can roll the dice and right down numbers but not having a rule book is a bit of a downer.  I do have some beta pdfs but as I found in the summer there are some bits that are horribly wrong.

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #19 on: 23 August 2011, 17:28:39 »

Yes I remember that Slug and I think the best bet is either the books which are available in PDF or the Hero lab download which is a similar price to the Main book in as as PDF, wasn't there also somthing strange about the Data on the Herolabs Demo too?

EvilGinger

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #20 on: 23 August 2011, 18:00:36 »

With the Hero Lab Demo Pathfinder Files you can not print or save the character but can preview the printout for copying data to paper char sheet Wink

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #21 on: 23 August 2011, 19:13:56 »

Ok sorry for being a bit Snarky but its too hot & I have been having difficulty sleeping which makes me grumpy, I am going to be getting the Herolabs Program at the week end and would happily run your character through it if you rolled the dice & chose the class and feats and so forth. I am working on the idea that we can get some sort of text output/ save the character sheet and attach it to a post here or something like that.

I will leave Gizmo to work out the details as he is my pet geek Wink and will also have the program I believe.

Until then have a think about character background things, remembering that they are first level

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #22 on: 23 August 2011, 19:48:37 »

OK, I am thinking of a rogue who will also be adept with a bow (if it aint broke, don't fix it). I would prefer an elf but if race is an issue can work with something else

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #23 on: 23 August 2011, 20:31:21 »

Slug - not really I am at least starting with a default D&D type setting so all the races and classes in the Pathfinder book are allowed a thief, sorry rogue would work well.

I am using a points as per Pathfinder page 15 with all the attributes  starting at 10  except the prime requite for your class which will start at 13 but counting as 10 for the costs of spending points to increase it. You will have 18 points to spend as per the chart on page 16 you can decrease attributes as per the table & if you have racial modifiers you can have them as high as 20 or as low as 5 because of them. Racial modifiers are applied after you spend your points.

I will answer any more questions tonight when I have got stuff under control at work

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2011, 20:40:05 »

Pepper spray and stun guns are legal here, want me to mail you some samples?

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #25 on: 24 August 2011, 03:40:23 »

Thank you,  you are such a considerate person Slug

I will be on line over night on and off if you have any problems or questions but I am not expecting to have characters done till next week though
« Last Edit: 24 August 2011, 03:42:20 by Hard Rain » Logged

Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #26 on: 24 August 2011, 13:16:58 »

Hi HR

DB here (from LHR group, known Slug for a looonnnnng time). Only just picked up o this thread (some of Slug's summer visit comments now make a little more sense to me).

I may well be interested in join if there are space available, Winchester group don't do D20 D&D stuff so would be happy to get a more regular "fix".

What sort of regularity are we talking for sessions? I don't want to sign up only to find I can't commit enough time to it and annoy everyone.

DB
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #27 on: 24 August 2011, 16:51:09 »

welcome aboard Debee a pleasure to game with you again. I will leave the details to Hard Rain who is GM, but most on line games are pretty much continuous but with  dead lines for time critical stuff like combat to stop that causing the game to come to a grinding halt. A statement of intent also helps in such cases as a GM can then act for the player if they miss the dead line, according to that statement.

I think Hard rain is planing something combat light and hight on intrigue since that works best online 

EvilGinger

Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #28 on: 24 August 2011, 17:38:39 »

Hi EvilG nice to hear from you again.

On the subject of software for character creation I have been using Metacreator - does seem much to look at but it is a very flexible system. It does not have Pathfinder rule sets but does have the OGL SRD 3.5 rules.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2011, 18:15:05 »

Gizmo is correct Shocked DeBee you are welcome on board and I defiantly have room for you so far we have a Wizard & a Rouge but given the nature of the game don’t feel constrained too much by party balance as that I find is only ever critical in combat situations and I don’t want to do too much of that as it goes too slowly online. The best thing to go for is a fun character you would like to play.

I am no expert on character generation programs but I would warn you that D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder diverge some what, even if they are similar in many respects. I suggest you look at the SRD for Pathfinder on the PAIZO website for more detail and I think they have conversion rules there too as Pathfinder is designed to be used with 3.5 materials with minimal adjustments.

Even so I will have the HeroLabs character generator at the weekend & will feed the numbers into it as required.

I will be posting a begging thread to give you some background of the game area tonight if work doesn't get too silly busy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: