Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 09:55:31 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Shut up Marvin, this is organism talk. - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a game to join  (Read 7287 times)
DaveW
Blissful Ignorance

« on: 07 July 2011, 16:39:21 »

Hi all, popped into Spirit Games the other week and they suggested joining the forum.

I'm looking for a roleplay group to join, local to Burton, would like WFRP, Cyberpunk, DND or happy to try something new. 

Cheers

Dave
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2011, 18:25:45 »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to our little corner of the t'internet, we have a quite active little local group of Roleplayers whom I am sure will be in touch with current and proposed activities.
(otherwise I will prod the appropriate people Wink )

Meanwhile have a look around and check out the Calendar where I try, and others, try and keep various events in and around the area posted.

Speak Soon

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2011, 00:45:08 »

Hi Dave

I'm a pretty infrequent visitor here at the moment, but that might change again soon - complex life getting simpler again!

I'm based in Findern (just down the A38 - about a 15 minute drive from Spirit Games on a clear traffic day, and used to regularly game at the Coopers Tavern, and put games on at my gaff.

I'm just about to start (well - ain a month or so) a new Traveller space opera type game. Very good rules - but more importantly is playing a good RPG with rules in the background. So if you are at all interested in intelligent, action packed sci-fi / time travel / horror / space opera gaming then please shout out!

Also I may be tempted to give the new version of Gamma World a run out - it is based on D&D but in a setting where all the parallel multiverses collided and got cruchesd into one... dort of Damnation Alley on steroids!

Of course there is always the chance of another Cthulhu game / series / never ending campaign on the horizon...... Halloween isn't too far away you know.....

Anyone else out there interested shout out too......

Welcome to the group.
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2011, 04:25:24 »

Hey.
Currently not in the DM seat for any of my regular sessions, but there are actually quite a few things going on at the moment, (possibly including 2 sessions on wednesdays and 2 sessions on thursdays, so I hear).
I'm pretty sure the relevant DM's will be around soon enough to let you know what the deal is.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2011, 05:27:12 »

Here we go what's on that I know of

Wednesday 4E D&D Dm here Tombwalker alternating with
Wednesday Rogue trader Arnu
at Spirit Games

Wednesday Exalted Evilginger look in the world of darkness sub forum for more on this this happens every wednesday & is always on the forum calender meet at Spirit Games and then off to either the Duke of Devonshire or the Coopers as space in them allows

Thursday WHFRP Jamie runs most weeks at Jamie's house
Thursday Deathwatch Evilginger runs every fourth week and is posted on the forum calender.

PM the name in bold for more details but for the games I run I could fit a new player into a policeman's lot straight away  the Deathwatch is technically full but I am running a PC as well as DMing the game & I could drop him out to allow another player in.

I hope that helps

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2011, 14:29:49 »

Welcome, don't be afraid to come to spirit again or contact one of the DM's for a place in a game. Get stuck in and enjoy yourself.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2011, 16:50:48 »

I would also recommend Whitefire as a GM he's very good indeed, especially if you like really gritty games where your character is constantly broke  Wink

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2011, 21:01:13 »

I would also be more than happy to run something online if interested PM me its likly to be Pathfinder but I am familiar with the 2nd ed WHFRP rules as they where used for Dark heresy et al.

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
DaveW
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #8 on: 08 July 2011, 22:24:13 »

Thanks all for the messages, can't make this Wednesday coming, got a work commitment in Oxford, but I will pop into Spirit Games and meet some of you there Wednesday after.  Whitefire would be interested in your Traveller game and if Jamie has room for another PC in his game would love to join in.

Thanks again

Dave

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2011, 19:22:07 »

Glad you found something to suit you Dave

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2011, 01:48:07 »

Well - if you're interested in Traveller I'm trying to get a campaign kick off sesh in soon - how are you fixed for Aug 6th? Some folk okay ATM others a bit wobbly, but I have to start somewhere......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: