Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
24 April 2024, 02:45:06 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
All right, Mr Wiseguy, you`re so clever you tell us what colour it should be. - Marketing Girl from B Ark
Linked Events
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tomb of the Death Whispers part III  (Read 4064 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 15 July 2011, 10:58:32 »

in the central parade hall just below the fortress monastery's command halls the team encountered the first opposition a lone Scarab which was dispatched in single combat by Brother Dravidus  leaving an impressive scar on his helmet where he cut it off of his face with his own chainsword. Just as Brother Dravidus  finished the foul Zenos construct more where spotted to the rear but Quickly dispatched by Heavy bolter fire from Brother Brother Verditus supplemented by bolter fire from the rest of the team. The initial threat deal with the team quickly entered the command levels finding them as they had most of the rest of the  complex to be utterly deserted. The team moved through  first the fortresses defence control centre which seemed to be operational but completely empty through the inner trophy hall awaiting the trophies that the still born chapter would never earn and finally through a huge door decorated with a bass relief showing the emperor giving the Warmasters staff to Robrute Guilmian, symbolic only as he was made Warmaster only after the end of the Horus heresy by the combined hight lords of Terra  as the emperor was already upon his golden throne and unable to do so in person. This however clearly marks the Death Whispers as an Ultramarines successor the first known of the 27th founding.

Inside the huge decorative doors was the fortress command centre where the future chapter masters would fight the fortress should it be attacked. However like the rest of the complex it was eerily empty and oddly tidy given that some fighting may well have happened here.  Brother Maleficus attempted to interrogate the machine spirits of the command complex and managed to do so without incident after an initial sticky moment where his sitting in the chapter masters control throne whilst not being the designated chapter master activated some defences. However the interrogation went poorly, even if the team managed to make contact with the Imperial Fiat waiting a safe ten light minutes away and advised them of the situation so far,  so much so that Brother Dravidus  became convinced that the machine spirits in the command centre had become heretical and put them down with his trusty chainsword. As they dies the revealed that the fortress monastery complex had been over run by Necrons or something very similar and that the control system machine spirits had become deluded into believing the Necrons where Marines.

Moving back down to the weapons control room Brother Maleficus was able to discover that Necrons where massing in the Parade hall below and faced with a desperate battle the brothers stood together and swore a great oath to the emperor ......

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 14 August 2011, 19:39:35 by EvilGinger » Logged

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2011, 21:51:48 »

The Oath sworn and final message sent to the Imperial Fiat the Recon team set themselves to the task of fighting their way out of the complex and Brother Dravidus decided that the best form of defence was attack and requested all of his battle brothers spare grenades of which there where very many as the team had requisitioned a lot of Krack grenades to aid in breaching locked portals

Will it also be the tomb of the Death watch Recon team?

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 16 July 2011, 21:59:52 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2011, 16:06:36 »

Just a reminder that this is on tomorrow Thursday 11th of August start time 8pm finish at 11pm at mine as the last session was. I am not ready & the figures are still not quite finished but you will be more than welcome all I have to do is find the character sheets and tidy up a bit more so I can see the table  Wink I am sure we will have fun regardless. I also have some good stuff, thank you Slug I am building a future session around.

see you all tomorrow.....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2011, 17:29:39 »

Found Character Sheets   Smiley Smiley just having a sit down before I have another spell of tiding up though I did dig the table out yesterday or was it this morning I also have some beer & wet brown stuff with caffeine in it in fat and thin form but no munchies as the budget got further this time Smiley but not beyond drinks  Cry

See you later.....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2011, 19:40:21 »

Update Names

EvilGinger

Pages: [1]   Go Up