Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 23:25:36 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Share and Enjoy - Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Poor house on Sparow Street in Kultekakun  (Read 48794 times)
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« on: 28 August 2011, 23:27:13 »

Introduction
Given that both Gildor & Evilginger's character are rather poor I am starting the game at a doss house & low grade tavern in the poorest part of Kultekakun

The place is a large and ill maintained warehouse, with a very leaky roof, fortunately the it doesn't rain quite as much as of old,  converted into a tavern and a nest of shacks behind and around the warehouse which are rented out by the owner Lurgi a huge man who widely rumoured to be at least part ogre. The majority of the clientèle are the poor of the streets who have scrounged or stolen the couple of coppers the half ogre charges for the night or day labourers who have not worked for a while or like you two newcomers to the city who havent got the coin to find any where better. Than this fettid and verminous  bolt hole

Post a start below here
« Last Edit: 28 August 2011, 23:35:56 by Hard Rain » Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2011, 21:11:28 »

Galdor
Galdor is taken aback at the general squalor and overwhelming odor of the place.  This new experience makes him to remain at the edge of the light and observe the situation until he can pluck up the courage to engage in conversation.  He keeps his bow in its waterproof leather sheaf and tucked as best he can under his cloak.
He looks around for any other elves he could relate to or someone else obviously out of place in the hopes of striking up a conversation.

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2011, 05:31:28 »

Looking round most of the people in the room look like dirt poor human or possibly half elf commoners no one at all remarkable apart from a halfling in the corner smoking a pipe who looks like a prosperous farmer

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2011, 06:34:30 »

Galdor
I get some food and a little ale and sit down near the halfling. " Good evening master hobbit, this does not seem to be a place to find someone of your obvious standing."
« Last Edit: 30 August 2011, 16:36:02 by slug » Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2011, 15:35:52 »

The halfling smiles and mumbles something in a thick provincial accent, then adds "you might want to sit closer lad cos you look just like one o they queer folk I be looking for he says" patting the chair next to him " I have a tale lad which if you like it may fill your guts for a few days with better than that" he gestures dismissively  at the battered cup and bowl of Lurgi's thin stew in front of Galdor "what say you lad?"
« Last Edit: 30 August 2011, 15:38:12 by Hard Rain » Logged

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2011, 15:40:38 »

Galdor
Galdor shrugs and sits down next to him. "Nothing ventured nothing gained."
« Last Edit: 30 August 2011, 16:36:25 by slug » Logged

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2011, 15:58:51 »

The Halfling smiles "true laddie too true" and extends his hand "Hugo Proudifeet at your service or rather you at mine if you like my tale" Hugo settles himself into a comfortable position and begins his tale

OOC we are waiting for Gizmo & possibly Debee? so I am off to feed Mr Tiddles, my lovely but cantankerous old cat,  and give them a chance of joining in before things go to far

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2011, 17:36:40 »

OOC I have to work you know

Selngil
Staggers into the room after a long day labouring on a building site the other side of town stopping only to pass the two coppers he has earned to Lurgi for a bow of his poor stew & a bed for the night. as he does so the last light of day catches in his hair showing it to be a deep dark blue not black.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2011, 17:56:04 »

Taking a draw on his pipe the halfling continues " I am a farmer as you may guess from Lardwood farm where I raise the best damn ponies in the province. The farm  hard by the village of Harraton which is about three days south of here, if you didn't know it, and I am in need of some labour for my farm but not the common sort of farm hand because I may well have a job that needs doing which is beyond their skills" he winks some what conspiratorially at  Galdor

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 30 August 2011, 20:54:40 »

Selngil
Took his meagre supper into the corner where he sat on a pile of none to clean bedding took out a heavy book he had been carrying with him all day and began to read form it paying little attention to the rest of the room as if the book absorbed him utterly. He did not notice one of the other residents steal the bowl of poor stew he left to go cold at his side.

EvilGinger

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2011, 17:24:28 »

Drums fingers on table wondering whether others will join in

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #11 on: 01 September 2011, 19:24:45 »

Gizmo's here but doing the same and would appear to have an odd character any way Shocked & I have sent DeeBee the first draft of her character I therefore suggest we press on 

The Halfling continues "I am as I have told you lad a breeder of fine ponies the best there are and as such I am a bit of a rarity amongst my folk who are all dirt farmers  and not doing at all well thanks to the drought, and most of the bigger folk who do breed horses go for the bigger breeds they can ride naturally so my main competitors are gnomes who know their horse flesh to a point. Indeed I am sure if you want a pony which is good for chasing goblin raiders for days across the steppe well even I would have to concede that the scrawny little beardy bastards would be the people to go to. That said "he sucks his pipe" I wouldn't buy any of their wares for their looks or use in any other task, we have different markets so why in the name of the green are so many of the little beardy bastards trying to take me out of business? I have to wonder that"

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #12 on: 01 September 2011, 21:25:43 »

Galdor
"Well Master Proudifeet, I like what you are saying and if you need someone to help you out, then I am up for this. However, I have come to this city to try and find out anything about my father, Gileador, who I believe came this way.  I would like to at least spend a day or so asking around before leaving this place.  What say you?"

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #13 on: 02 September 2011, 04:39:31 »

"Indeed" Said the Halfling "and that would suit me fine because my trying to find out what the Beardy little bastards are up to and lad they have gone a bit beyond reasonable and attempts to buy me out they have  indeed tell me that the answer to my questions are to be found here in the city and involve a human hose trader caked Vrax something or other" The Halfling takes a draw on his pipe "he seems to be the one providing coin and quite a lot of it if the last time they came to buy my place is the measure it with two chests of gold coin!!"

Feel free to join in Deebee & Gizmo finishing character sheets can be done as we go along

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 02 September 2011, 05:23:00 »

Selngil
Looks up from his book and reaches for his meal not finding it he stands up and begins to look round noticing the strange pair chatting in the far corner for the first time whilst checking his coin purse to see if he has a copper for another bowl which he does not.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: