Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
12 November 2019, 12:05:11 *
 
   Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Glad to be of Service - Doors of The Heart of Gold
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Temple of The Celestial Order Sparrow Street  (Read 5620 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« on: 02 September 2011, 11:57:02 »

Deebee this is where you start

A Small but still important temple for the Celestial order, if rather overshadowed, like the rest of the cult throughout the empire, and now in rather a poor part of town after the town centre moved to its current location after the old one which was around here was penetrated by the Demonic forces during the siege and all but the core of the temple was burned. Current street pattern here dates form the time shortly after that when the area around the temple became a refugee camp for those displaced and made destitute by the war.

I will fill in a bit more detail but feel free to post here as soon as you like
« Last Edit: 04 September 2011, 08:37:15 by Hard Rain » Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
****

Karma: 11
Offline Offline

Posts: 221



« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2011, 18:43:57 »

So religion is on the decline? Hence the poorer part of town? What is the cause of this slide in faith?

I guess if this is the case I will be out and about a lot, doing good deeds where I can, helping the poor, feeding and healing where I can do the most good - and of course spreading the good word of the gods.

DB
Logged
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2011, 03:16:07 »

Debee I will post a bit of background on the Celestial order later today explaining quite how it got where it is in the history thread & expand on my introduction above as well, but welcome on board.

Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2011, 08:45:10 »

As Gottfried is musing a rather enthusiastic novice coves running in he is shouting I have seen one I have seen one and creating quite a stir amongst the small knot of worshippers in the temple court, when he spots Gottfried who is a priest if a junior one he comes running over to him and repeats his message  at greater length if no more coherence. all the while pointing out through the arch that leads to Sparrow  street & gesticulating wildly in that direction.

Over to you
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2011, 19:50:43 »

A perception roll would also help should have added that to the last post realy
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
****

Karma: 11
Offline Offline

Posts: 221



« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2011, 08:17:45 »

I will let the novice lead me to what he was so excited about.
D20 roll = 12
« Last Edit: 05 September 2011, 08:49:52 by Deebee » Logged
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2011, 09:14:33 »

Thats a success

Gotfried doesn't see much to be exited about in the street beyond the arch just the beginnings of dusk and a few straggling day labourers making their way to the cheap taverns and flop houses which line the street, yet the Novice continues to indicate the street & you realise he is pointing at the the staggering exhausted labourers, for some reason.
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
****

Karma: 11
Offline Offline

Posts: 221



« Reply #7 on: 06 September 2011, 07:55:11 »

I assume this is not normal? To see the labourers in such an exhausted state

I will ask my novice "Calm yourself Brother Adair, please explain your excitement?"

After speaking to Adair I will stop one of the passing labourers and question him as to why they are so bedraggled (more than normal I assume?)
Logged
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #8 on: 06 September 2011, 12:00:40 »

that the last few stranglers are exhausted is regrettably quite normal but Brother Adair excitement at them is not, & not like him more over as he is rather a composed and undemonstrative young man normally

"I saw one, I saw a celestial in the street" then he gestures indicating that it went up Sparrow street " It went with the day labourers earlier" He looks contrite "but I did not see where it went, but I had to tell some one" he looks a bit sheepish
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
****

Karma: 11
Offline Offline

Posts: 221



« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2011, 14:04:29 »

I shall smell Brother Adair, just to make sure he has not been at the ceremonial wine, and assuming he is clean, get him to point me the in the direct. I shall get Adair to describe the details of what he saw. I shall instruct him to stay here and not mention it until I return.

I will then proceed in the direction indicated looking for the said Celestial.
Logged
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #10 on: 06 September 2011, 14:23:44 »

Brother Adair dose not smell of liquor or of any other intoxicant Gotfried is aware of nor has he been known to get drunk in the past he seems fine if now rather embarrassed at his excitable behaviour. As Gotfried moves out onto the darkening street outside he follows still rather sheepishly as both of them proceed i in the wake of the last day labourer, a hobbling man who is using his wooden spade in the manner of a crutch. Ahead of him some one else holds the door of a flop house open & guttering tallow candle light spills out into the otherwise unlighted street.

"Ulf in hear" the half seen figure holding the door shouts
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
****

Karma: 11
Offline Offline

Posts: 221



« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2011, 08:09:20 »

Pray my good man, I shout after the limping labourer. Let me take a look at your injury, I may be able to help!

If he lets me I will tend him then and there in the street (Cure Minor Wound - I think for a point back), this will allow me to talk to him and question him about his work.
Logged
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2011, 14:19:28 »

 Man turns & recognises Gotfreid as on of the priests form the temple down the road, he smiles and lets him tent to his leg,  The heal works thoroughly curing the bad muscle strain which was causing his limp he thanks Gotfried & Adair previously before asking to be on his way as he wants his supper. As he is leaving Brother Adair asks him about the celestial the man looks confused and says apart from Gotfieid he aint see any angels this day.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2011, 15:40:01 by Hard Rain » Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #13 on: 11 September 2011, 15:45:40 »

As the now unhurt labourer enters the poor house an other figure the door of another a little further up the road opens and a lithe figure leaves it spotted briefly before slipping into the shadows of a near by alley. Brother Adair points at the second door and says "I think he went in there" He looks hopefully at Gotfried

Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
****

Karma: 11
Offline Offline

Posts: 221



« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2011, 07:27:53 »

I will in that case pursue with great haste, for I do not wish to miss such an opportunity to meet a celestial, if indeed Brother Adair is correct.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Mimipunk |
Up to 20Mb PlusNet broadband from only £5.99 a month!
| www.iconshock.com icons used contain images © by Douglas Adams

Google visited last this page 11 August 2019, 15:26:35