Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
20 November 2019, 05:23:58 *
 
   Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Do you Want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where i`m standing? - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trevit Wagon works - Grimsdyke street  (Read 8394 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« on: 06 September 2011, 22:02:51 »

Helviticus Trevit seems to make his money running a business, The Trevit Works, which makes carts and wagons of all sizes which is situated not far form the new market square and consists of several large sheds where the wagons are assembled & stored a blacksmiths shop, a wheelwright and a carpenters shop all around a modest house which is both administrative offices & above accommodation for the companies apprentices.
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2011, 00:14:09 »

Depending on what Galdor can assess from the house he will do a recce of this place.

Course we might need to take a moment as I think I saw someone desperately trying to eavesdrop our conversation at Lurgis.


perception 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2011, 00:15:02 »

There again maybe I didn't.
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2011, 03:16:50 »

No you did not & I will assume that you went to the Trevit House first  & see if Gizmo follows

Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One
***

Karma: 29
Offline Offline

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger
Posts: 5342


I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming


WWW
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2011, 17:24:05 »

I would have done if I had been told I had seen stuff going on to follow


 EvilGinger
Logged

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2011, 14:49:37 »

Blergh Gizmo really  Angry

Selngil  saw the end of Gildors conversation with the halfling but did not over hear it & then saw Gildor leave the building
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2011, 04:19:43 »

Galdor Slowly circles the building sticking to the shadows.  If there is any light showing at shutters he will sneak in for a listen.  If not he tries to find a way in.

Some rolls

Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15

Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6

Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2011, 15:36:15 »

Moving round the Works Galdor can see that its actually several buildings of various sizes built around the edges of a walled oblong plot. There are several ways in the biggest is trough an impressive arch in the surrounding wall and is form one of the major roads coming from the New market square and leading to the city's east gate. That is blocked this time of night by an elaborate open work Iron Gate and is wide enough to allow two fair sized wagons to pass through side by side, the gate is barred with a decorative bar from the inside but would be possible to climb and then drop down between the arch and the top of the gate if the decorative spikes on top of it are just decorative. Next to it are the Works offices a three or four story building with high windows and a separate foot entrance the door is large oak and whilst very decorative obviously reinforced.

Going around the sides of the square not on the main road reveals two door and a gate. The gate is small though human sized not gnome or halfling and is right at the back of the yard facing the door of some sort of Tenement building. the two doors plain but very solid looking are one on the same side leading into the large building at the back of the site this seems to be where the carts and wagons are assembled and the other is into a building with a lot of chimneys coming form it suggesting that its where all the iron working is done on site. Over that door is a window which shows a light on the second floor   

Other than that and the windows in the offices there are no other windows in the outer walls of any of the buildings though ones facing the large central court are almost certainly present. As all the alleys round the sides are narrow and there are at least two story buildings on the other side of all of them there would be little light for any window to let in even at noon.



Perception roll using the first number rolled "21" a success suggests that Guildor is not the only one hanging around the works but using the second roll "12" a failure means he can not locate who or what they might be 


Leading away from the alleys on the back and sides of the works are at least six aleys all dark and narrow, all as far as Gildor can see surrounded by high buildings
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2011, 23:26:54 »

Galdor moves quietly to beneath the window which shows a light.  He pauses and listens for any noise, if none is heard proceeds to climb up to the lit window to look inside.
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2011, 03:29:12 »

Gildor Sneaks back to the one lighted window and behind him senses he is being followed by a darker darkness in the dark and shadowed alley, as Gildor enters the week pool of light the following dark halts beyond its edge.
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2011, 13:42:44 »

Galdor glides through the lit spot and enters the shadows on the opposite side while freeing up the bow from its sheath.  I then wait to see if anything passes through the lit area, with an arrow nocked.
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2011, 14:12:45 »

The dark area crosses into the pool of light and the light goes out as if some one has doused it with a blanket. A light almost cheerful very defiantly female voice says who are you and why are you sulking about round here there is the sound of a sword clearing a sheath
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2011, 14:24:13 »

Galdor "Searching for answers"
Does Galdor sense the race from the voice, a lilting elf maiden voice, abutch half orc grunt, a super high pitched gnomish squeal?
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Moderator
Unhinged
**

Karma: 5
Offline Offline

Posts: 292


madder by parsecs


« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2011, 15:04:41 »

The voice is human as far as Galdor can tell

"We all are though sometimes the question is more interesting than the answer sought"  there is a rather pregnant pause "well your not evil that I can tell" the darkness drops as if the blanket has been taken off the light. The speaker is a tall woman with short purple hair & pupil less purple eyes he skin is a soft shade of lavender she wears common clothing under a cuirass of burnished steel scale armour a strap across her chest looks like it has a shield attached to it across her back. In her rather elegant lavender hand is a long sword it looks very sharp and she holds it casualty as if she knows how to use it, but isn't about to this instant.

"well good elf you first"

[/b]
Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged
**

Karma: 34
Offline Offline

Posts: 365


I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...


« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2011, 16:17:40 »

Galdor "I came to the city seeking news of my missing father, Gileador. One thing has led to another and here we stand."
"You do not appear like others I have met"
Logged

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Mimipunk |
Up to 20Mb PlusNet broadband from only £5.99 a month!
| www.iconshock.com icons used contain images © by Douglas Adams

Google visited last this page 10 September 2018, 05:58:35