Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
25 April 2024, 10:01:10 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
You want the taste of dried leaves boiled in water? - Nutri-Matic Drinks Synthesizer
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PreLude Talking to the high Command  (Read 14728 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 02 October 2011, 18:24:06 »

after some time living and training at the Lookshy case in Nexus Laura & Kayoba are invited to see a woman called General Keral Sapphire and several officers of the high command apparently they have a job for Laura which they would like to discuss with her. They would like her to do it by way of repayment for their hospitality if you understand that 

feel free to post here what are you doing & I will continue to expand on the breifing as I go along

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 02 October 2011, 18:26:58 by EvilGinger » Logged

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Suicune
Aware

« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2011, 20:23:13 »

I make my way to the generals office to ask what sort of favour she is after, in a polite and diplomatic manner.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2011, 23:19:09 »

Keral Sapphire a middle aged woman in a slightly science fiction looking military uniform bids both Laura & Kayoba sit before introducing herself and her staff. She points to her staff naming them all before handing over to her briefing officer a Major Hereth Keristan a similarly uniformed man who appears in his middle thirties.

Laura, Kayoba we have a developing situation on the other side of the hundred kingdoms which revolve around a barbarian warlord gathering a great host of Beastmen and Azlekii sub men around him we have information that a possibly friendly Anathema has been vital in preventing this horde reaching a critical mass such that it would invade the river province and we would like you to contact this anathema and bring her on side. We would also like you assessment of the accuracy of our intelligence and  the analysis based on it.

The Anathema is the generals older sister Fire opal whoi retired to farm the headwaters of the Nevrin river about five years ago and it would seem exalted as an anathema about a year ago  when attacked by some fair folk raiders.

EvilGinger

Suicune
Aware

« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2011, 22:35:40 »

Laura smiles inwardly, wondering if this way the way that Mnemeon Jaxtat had been made to work for Lookshy.

She says:
Certainly, I would have no problem with this, although I cannot speak for my companion.What other details can you give me about her? What does she look like and so on.
However, although I am more than happy to undertake this expedition, I do have two requests. The first is about Iofe. Can arrangements be made for her to attend a school? I worry for her upbringing, especially with the new complications she is facing. And secondly will George be permitted to accompany me on this journey?
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2011, 23:04:12 »

Kayoba Makes a Gesture of respect to the general and her staff and says rather melodramatically "where she goes I go only to death do I go before her and alone"

The General looks stern and does not react, most of the Aids and the briefing officer also dont react , but one of the younger aids rolls his eyes to the heavens on hearing this speech.

Then the general speaks "are those your terms they are stiff ones and I will have to consult with major Korush on both those matters we have a circle of Solars and would for obvious reasons want to keep them on a short rein, and he is our expert on Solar anathema  George I will say yes to as he may be of assistance.

EvilGinger

Suicune
Aware

« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2011, 23:13:39 »

Thank you General *Laura makes a bow/nod of respect* I understand the requests are a touch problematic, but I only ask out of concern for my children and their welfare.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2011, 23:26:13 »

The general nods "we all have children and they are both a burden and a treasure" then grinning "especially to the mother"

EvilGinger

Suicune
Aware

« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2011, 23:33:49 »

*Laura laughs* Thank you General. When would you like us to depart?
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2011, 23:42:50 »

changing back to a more formal tone the general continues Pretty much as soon as possible as the mater is urgent and given the speed of travel it will take some time to reach Koral Fire orchids estate as we can not afford have you seen over much ambassadors  of Looksy. The colonel is a little touchy on the subject of Looksy since she retired "

EvilGinger

Suicune
Aware

« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2011, 00:17:45 »

Ah, I see. Is there tension that I should be aware of?
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2011, 00:29:17 »

"I would rather not discuss that here" the general sternly " all we need is to have you talk to Fire Orchid and get her on strenght"

EvilGinger

Suicune
Aware

« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2011, 01:41:14 »

"Very well, we will see what we can do."

With this Laura turns to Kayoba, grinning with a slight glint in her eyes:

"Ready for another adventure?"
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2011, 12:30:09 »

Kayoba nods to Laura but says nothing remaining oddly stiff & detached.

EvilGinger

Suicune
Aware

« Reply #13 on: 04 October 2011, 14:01:27 »

Lauras brow furrows slightly at this, making a mental note to discover more about this later.

*Making a slight bow* "If you will excuse me General, I must go and prepare for the journey"
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 04 October 2011, 15:38:33 »

The general smiles " well then I would say that you are dismissed my orderly will provide whatever assistance with travel preparations you may require, good journey  and may success stand at the end of that road"

Kayoba stands turns and makes to leave he is defiantly not himself today this is a Kayoba Laura had not seen and she thought she had got to know his moods well over the last months.

EvilGinger

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: