Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 12:29:00 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m sorry, I think we`d be better off with a slide rule. - Zaphod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Market square in Kultekakun  (Read 6725 times)
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« on: 10 November 2011, 15:26:08 »

At mid day even on a quiet day this part of town is bustling full and full of wealthy folk but today when you arrive just in the fore noon it is filled to bursting as today is the day of the hose fair and half the markets common stalls have been moved to make way for the show ring and pen upon pen of the most splendid horses and ponies.

Around the great market place are the guild houses of the towns important guilds and temples to the God of trade and to the Lawmaker who is the current imperial cult there are also several large very well appointed inns, taverns and even a fine restaurant

over to you
« Last Edit: 10 November 2011, 18:58:23 by Hard Rain » Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2011, 20:07:53 »

Selengil trudges to the Market place with every one else but his mind is not on matters at hand he is hungry but still to nauseated by the fading smell of the porridge to buy any thing form the food stalls in the market not to mention broke. He decides to leave finding the Halfling mostly to Gildor since he knows him best and is apparently working for him.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2011, 01:07:42 »

Galdor
Turns to Selengil and Gotfried, "Do either of you have spells which may determine the location of a hobbit?  Or do we do this the old fashioned way, by asking around"
"If it is the latter then we should split up, with two of us checking the inns and hotels while the other two go to the horse trading area."
Looks down at self, "I am not really dressed to ask at classy inns"
Taps foot and looks at Selengil "Should have had the porridge when you had the chance"

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2011, 00:18:41 »

Selengil shakes his head "divination is not my strong point I am afraid, so we have to seek the halfling the hard way unless Gotfried or Merideth have better skill at it that is"

EvilGinger

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2011, 16:32:36 »

be right back my system needs to restart blast the evil computer

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2011, 17:03:38 »

Merideth frowns in concentration " I follow the ultimate good but that has not yet granted me omniscience" she grins and a small child starts to cry a little way away. "must stop doing that" she mumbles and goes off to apologise...

The market can be split into two areas today the goods market which sells just about every thing except food, there are several small food markets scattered around the city mostly near the gates which sell food stuffs, and the horse market, where there are several "fast food vendors" serving the poorer servants of the fair. The names of the inns around the Market square are  The Lion Hotel, Peliagoes, Imperial Lodge, Sapphire's, South Hotel, Imperial Hotel & Goodrest. The other taverns are the Market house, Reniamora's and the restaurant is called Mollies and has a reputation for being very exclusive indeed which every one knows, none of these have over night accommodation. There are also a fair number of respectable but likley less expensive inns in the streets around some of which you came past on the way here

ooc So who is doing what

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2011, 19:29:59 »

Selingil's mind wanders to the food stalls over by the horse market  when he speaks "I will look round the Horse Market" he announces

EvilGinger

Deebee
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

« Reply #7 on: 17 November 2011, 13:49:35 »

"Right" Gottfried addresses the group "Galdor and Meredith, you look around the horse traders seeing as Galdor know's what his hobbit friend looks like, I'll check the hotels and inns to see if a hobbit by his name has been staying and Selengil...Selengil? where's he gone? OK you two take a look around see if you can find the hobbit and when you see Selengil let him know we should meet back here in an hour. Agreed?"
« Last Edit: 17 November 2011, 15:59:22 by Deebee » Logged
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #8 on: 17 November 2011, 15:11:31 »

Merideth stifles a grin & turning to Gildor "looks like you have drawn the short straw"

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #9 on: 17 November 2011, 16:49:46 »

Galdor
"The honour is mine"
"We should check with the head of the market, probably the auctioneer, to see if he has seen Master Proudifeet today"
Heads into the marketplace.

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #10 on: 17 November 2011, 20:17:03 »

Merideth winks at Gildor and trots off in his company

OK I am splitting the thread as follows Horse fair in general, Horse Fair auction ring & Inns around the market square.  I am working on the assumption that Selengil is going to the first, Gildor to the second and Gotfried to the third. Time is easy to determine as there is a huge mechanical clock in the tower of the Great guild hall, which chimes the hours as on a ship it is persistently around the 5th hour of the day. I will move the action back here when every one gets back together

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: