Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 March 2024, 04:21:02 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
That young girl, is one of the least benightedly unintelligent organic lifeforms it has ever been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid meeting. - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansions of Madness: Forbidden Alchemy - Important Announcement  (Read 2450 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 22 December 2011, 09:58:30 »

Below is an announcement from the CEO of Fantasy Flight Games about this recent expansion:

Dear Mansions of Madness Player,

It has come to my attention that certain components and information in our recently released Mansions of Madness expansion, Forbidden Alchemy, have serious playability issues.

I am sorry and very embarrassed by this issue. Any issues with Forbidden Alchemy are especially egregious as the Mansion of Madness core game was similarly afflicted. While FFG's work on Forbidden Alchemy was well intended, its content and scenarios both novel and exciting, it's obviously not acceptable for players to receive a product with serious mistakes.

We are currently undergoing a comprehensive audit of Forbidden Alchemy, not only to affirm and understand the issues that have been identified by players, but to be completely sure that it does not have yet-to-be-identified issues.

Once we have completed this audit (which we estimate will be sometime early next week), FFG will manufacture any replacement materials necessary. When printed and received by FFG, we will send such replacement materials to affected Forbidden Alchemy owners via mail at no charge. In addition, as further apology, we will include a free copy of our new Arkham Horror novel Dance of the Damned to those players.

Retailers with copies of Forbidden Alchemy on their shelves should contact their FFG sales rep so they may be sent replacement materials directly. FFG has frozen all sales of Forbidden Alchemy for the time being, as we will be replacing the affected parts in our current inventory before resuming shipments of this product. Distribution customers should similarly contact their FFG sales rep.

We will post another article here next week with the details, errata, and information on how affected players can receive their replacement materials and a copy of Dance of the Damned.

Again, on behalf of FFG, I apologize for this unacceptable issue. FFG must do better and FFG will do better.

Happy Holidays,

Christian T. Petersen
CEO
Fantasy Flight Games

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: