Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 00:40:26 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Resistance is useless! - Vogon Guard
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Slug  (Read 3474 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 14 April 2008, 18:28:11 »

Welcome slug to the Big Bang Burger Bar.

I hope you will find us all friendly and welcoming.
Feel free to join in conversations and please do reply telling us a little about yourself.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2009, 21:53:16 »

Wow, I never noticed this thread before.

But for the other users threaders people out there who were not part of the glorious reign of LeftHandRule (ask Zarniwoop where that name comes from sometime), I am an expat gamer who left the Green and Pleasant Land and crossed the big sea to re-establish the British Empire in America, I had previously failed to do this in Nigeria in the early nineties, by getting drunk with the locals and reminding them how good things were in the halycon days of Colonialism, finally after picking up malaria one time too many decided to return to the UK.

I now reside in Manchesters twin town, Seattle where we get a pleasant amount of rain and people speak with an accent (to my Southern ears).  Still eagerly play AD&D (2nd Ed) on a sort of monthly basis, eat too much junk food - did you know that KFC here does mash potatoes and gravy instead of fries, a real improvement.  And almost got away with the Pulp Fiction quote when asked about differences between McD's in the UK and US and said that the Big Mac here is called a Royale with Cheese back home before laughing.

I wrote up quite a few of the adventures our group partook and do try and get back for an annual game , although will fail to do this in 2009, global recession coupled with hatred of sitting on a plane for 9 hours rules this out.

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2009, 15:11:17 »

let me offer you a welcome on behalf of the Burton delvers who otherwise have all gone for one or more likely several

EvilGinger

PS good luck with civilizing Seattle but I heard a time traveller in a bar tell me that wont happen until about 2312CE when place joins the Canadian empire after a terrible financial crash.

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2009, 15:13:06 »

just a thought perhaps we need a member called Lettuce, I would failing that DAT changes his user name

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2009, 15:51:07 »

Not happening. Roll Eyes

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: