Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 08:27:33 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
But that`s crazy. You wouldn`t blow up this entire planet just to get a bloody spaceship back! - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Alive  (Read 7309 times) Average Rating: 4
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« on: 19 May 2008, 21:52:32 »

It's Alive is a fantastic game produced by the independent company Reiver Games.

It's Alive is a bidding game where each of the players take on the role of Frankensteinesque mad scientist who each are trying to build a monster.  The game ends when all eight body parts have been collected (Head, Hands, Arms, Feet, Legs, Brain, Torso & Heart).

Each player turns over the top card of the pile to reveal a body part and it cost and must decide whether to buy it auction it to another player or sell it to the bank for half the value.  The players have to balance buying body part and keeping their funds topped up.

The winner is the player at the end of the game with the highest value monster and money left.

It's Alive is one of the best quality games I've ever seen.  The art work is fantastic, the quality of the pieces is spot on, the rule are easy to learn and well thought out, the player reference cards are a nice touch.

I'm proud to own a copy of this game.

The only down side is that this is a limited edition of 300 copies and my friend bought the vary last copy at Beer & Pretzels.

I believe this game will gain a cult status and will one day return to production.

If you ever get a chance to own a copy then don't hesitate to buy it.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2008, 15:12:27 by zarniwoop » Logged
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2008, 23:35:31 »

I would second that its a briliant little game and on my to get list

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2008, 19:15:14 »

News Snippet from Reiver Games

12/06/2008 It's Alive! Reprinted
Following the sell-out of the It's Alive! Limited Edition, I'll be issuing a re-print in July. The re-print will be professionally manufactured, and hence available more widely than the hand-made version. It can be pre-ordered from the It's Alive! page or alternatively ask your favourite retailer to stock it and buy it from them.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2008, 03:08:24 »

ok now all I need is the work to pay for me to buy it

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2008, 11:08:32 »

If you pre-order you get 30% off  Grin

Regards,
Zarniwoop

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2008, 18:02:04 »

<Slap>

thats just what I needed I will have to get it now will pre order from Phil on tuesday

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2008, 20:19:22 »

<Slap>

thats just what I needed I will have to get it now will pre order from Phil on tuesday

It's Alive! was available as a 300-copy limited edition which has now sold out. There is a professional re-print coming in July, you can either email jack@reivergames.co.uk to be added to the pre-order list and get your copy for £10.50 + P&P, or ask your favourite retailer to stock it. The reprint will also cost £15.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2008, 21:18:37 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2009, 00:38:47 »

This is just a brilliant, quick little game.

The quality of the pieces is extremely good and the artwork is just brilliant fitting the theme just right.

Originally only produced as a limited edition 300 run, now released on general sale I would get a copy of this game as it is always fun and quick to play making it a usefull addition to anyone's collection

Players bid for various body parts to fill their slab to build their monster, they can buy them outright, sell them to the bank for half their value or auction them for cash.

Their are coffin cards which can be used instead of any other body part and these are worth more points then the body parts so are worth trying to get.

The villagers occasionally revolt and they have to be appeased with a body part of equal or higher value or bought off with money.

The game ends when someone shouts "It's Alive" in a suitable mad scientist way after they have completed their monsters body. They get a bonus 5 points, everyone then adds up the total value of their body parts and can add up to half this value with money they have left. The person with the most points wins.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: