Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 15:56:45 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
You Pinstriped barbarians! I`ll sue the council for every penny it`s got! I`ll have you hung, drawn and quartered, and whipped and boiled, and then I`ll chop you up into little bits until . . . until . . . until you`ve had enough! - Arthur Dent
Linked Events
  • A Police womans War - Live: 06 June 2012
  • Signed up (1/50):
    # Name
    1.EvilGinger

Please login or register to sign up for this event.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: up close & personal - a police womans war  (Read 7615 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 03 June 2012, 04:20:37 »

To Reboot the online segment whilst one of the players is near at hand Muhhaaaa.....

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2012, 06:00:04 »

I will do full justice to last nights excellent session latter but suffice it to say this time line has nearly caught up with a freelance magistrate but not quite.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2012, 15:49:37 »

Note to admin this thread has been posted in the wrong place it should be in the "A Police Woman's War" Sub forum could you move it for me thank you.

Update now posted in the correct place our Admins are bloody marvellous & deserve much more praise than they get.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 07 June 2012, 16:46:25 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2012, 16:11:51 »

Starting form where we left off http://www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=2169.30 a lot happened in this session & I will try to do it justice.

Starting in the The Village of the Nine elms, Laura interrogated Iron Oak the head man & village black smith becoming aware, dispite his trying to distract her with discussions of the rental of the empty house in the villiage, that he was almost certainly hiding stuff back though his general story was plausible to a point & probably true even if she thought the bits he was holding back might change things quite a lot.

Kayoba investigated the regular burn mark in the middle of the village & was later joined by Laura between them they came to the conclusion that it was caused by a short burst of very intense heat the sandy soil was glasified in part & that was likely caused by either magic or the release of a lot off raw essence at once.

all this Erozillia watched unobserved but did not intervene as did the guide Jurvinal standing more openly at the edge of the village leaning on his walking staff.

Mean while the boy Ged, Iron Oak's apprentice had run off to warn Koral Fire Orchid who was at the small earth manse she had claimed north east of the Village, collided with the Grey Pilgrim. Who was as his wont wandering through the forests of the east studying the architecture of manses in general & in particular seeking a rather early one he had heard was here abouts. He talked with the boy before allowing him to go on his way & continuing with his own path which was to the Village he now knew was nearby & where he could resupply.

On arrival in the village he watched Laura & Kayoba complete the investigation of the scorch mark whilst enjoying a well deserved pipe & noting that they where being serupticiusly observed by just about every one else in the village.

Once they had investigated the Scorch mark as fully as they felt they where able Laura moved on to investigate what had happened to the boy she had seen leave the back of the Blacksmiths house & slip into the gardens behind it. With the aid of Kayoba they located the track he had left & followed it through the vegetable & fruit plots and onto an apparent game trail coincidently the one where a little further along the Grey Pilgrim had had his encounter with the same boy.

Proceeding along this trail through the dense woodlands the pair passed some very over grown ruins & finally passed into the precincts of the manse where a time worn Ziggurat stood surrounded by what would once have been a ritual garden, though all that remained of that was some very ancient trees amongst the more recent growth. An inspection of the Structure revealed that is was an earth Manse not Kayoba thought one of any great power & just as they where preparing to enter a figure appared on the platform at the top of the Ziggurat.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 07 June 2012, 17:52:34 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2012, 17:43:59 »

Keral Fire Orchid walked down the steps of the Fane of the forgotten gods with the boy Ged dogging her steps she was armed for war sword drawn and armour on she would know who came to trouble her here & more importantly why. At which Laura steped forth and passed the message that she had been given by the high command in Lookshy warning Keral fire orchid about the approach of the Horde of Ma Ha Suchi. Whilst Keral Fire Orchid was quite aware of the threat such a horde might pose she seemed equally aware of Lookshy's willingness and ability to manipulate her into throwing herself into the path of the horde to slow it, as a long time officer of the seventh legion. She further admitted that she had done just this in the past whilst serving with the legion. She was not however so inhospitable as to not invite our heroes into her manse as they had traveled far on a fools errand in her thinking.

Inside the manse which was sparsely furnished and of no great power & showed signs of only recent occupation after long abandonment the discussion continued over a simple meal though neither side gained the upper hand Koral Fire Orchid did concede that should the horde be proved to be coming close enough to trouble her or the people she was protecting locally then she would have to act.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 June 2012, 20:12:56 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2012, 17:44:43 »

Whilst this was all going on The Grey Pilgrim having less interest in the people than in the building they where in fell to examining as best he could given his poor eyesight the Manse. He found the place was simply laid out & built in the form of a Ziggurat externally inside it was divided into five chambers  a great central chamber in the centre of which is a spiral stair which leads down from the entry in each of the other cardinal directions is a smaller oblong chamber though there are still massive by comparison to most non manse structures. Koral Fire orchids dwelling is in the west most chamber of the manse & the northern chamber  features a cyclopean stone table and benches and here is where the discussions where held.

to be continued.....

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 June 2012, 21:05:00 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2012, 18:31:02 »

Having spoken to Kheral Fire Orchid & being at something of a lose end whilst still feeling the need to remain close to the fane & the village. Our Heroes fell to continuing to explore the area around the Fane of the Forgotten gods this time turning there attention to the ruins of the surrounding town in the hope of gaining further information on & insight into the frieze they had found inside the manse itself. They found more than they bargained for whilst very little remained of the lesser buildings of the town & most where mere lumps and bumps almost indistinguishable from the natural ones amongst the dense and seemingly primary forest. They did manage to find the major buildings of the town which being substantial still showed up as fragments of stone work amongst the forest. Here there was little to be found on the surface save the odd pile of well weathered and buried rubble and the odd scrap of crumbled rusted stuff which might have been something once.

However they did find that the principle buildings all had cellars or other under works & some of these remained & had not collapsed investigating these revealed that they all had been used once as mass graves first in an orderly manner with the bodies laid out with care and ceremony, but later with increasing haste & lack of ritual. some of these impromptu mass graves had been sealed at the time others only latter by the ruin of the building above.

to be continued......

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 June 2012, 19:58:40 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2012, 18:32:53 »

The first Skirmishes

to be continued......

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 June 2012, 21:06:32 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2012, 05:42:56 »

The Field of the Challenge

to be continued....

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 June 2012, 21:07:06 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2012, 19:46:05 »

A Continuation - Run at Saturday at Spirit Games

order of events now corrected

Following the surprise defeat of Ma Ha Suchi & the retreat of his invading horde in some disarray though there is little doubt the ancient monster will retain the power to hold it together despite his defeat as he has been the great god of most of those tribes for time out of mind. Though there is no doubt he will ponder long on how he fell quite so easily victim to a solar new come to her exaltation

to be continued........

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 June 2012, 19:56:07 by EvilGinger » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: