Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
27 April 2024, 00:06:19 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I think this is getting needlessly messianic. - Fook
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adventure Game Guild - due late 2012  (Read 2528 times)
Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« on: 17 June 2012, 12:42:17 »

Hi all,

I'm not associated with or affiliated with this company or their product at all - in fact, I never even knew they existed until today - but I'm intrigued by the product they intend to publish. From their website;

http://www.adventuregamesguild.com/

'ANNOUNCING 'ADVENTURER: THE SOLO ROLE PLAYING GAME'

June 7, 2012:

Adventure Games Guild, a new publishing company, today announced their first game, 'Adventurer: The Solo Role Playing Game.' Due for release in late 2012, this product will be designed by Shane Garvey (QUERP, Fabled Lands RPG) and Stuart Lloyd (Lloyd of Gamebooks). The game promises to blend the appeal of solo, gamebook style adventures with a fully detailed role playing system.

Mr. Garvey, president of Adventure Games Guild, said, "I am honoured to be working with Stuart Lloyd on this project. Our mission is to update the old style gamebook system, which always had a set of simplistic rules, into a fully realised, well detailed role playing game. Sort of Fighting Fantasy meets Dungeons and Dragons."

The company promises to offer a set of rules reminiscent of many popular role playing games but to adapt them into the solo format. They plan to include rules for low and high levels of play, rules for running your own keep and much more besides.

'Adventurer: The Solo Role Playing Game' is due late 2012.'

With enough facebook 'Likes' or Twitter followers, they'll show us a preview of the character sheet and I, for one, am incredibly curious. Anyone care to help and support?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: