Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
23 April 2024, 17:26:13 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Errr - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wizzkids to Cease Trading  (Read 2949 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 11 November 2008, 12:00:25 »

I found out this information today and thought it best to share this information. This is not good news for our hobbies when companies start this trend.

Announcement

The Topps Company announced today that WizKids will immediately cease operations and discontinue its product lines.

Scott Silverstein, CEO of Topps, said “This was an extremely difficult decision. While the company will still actively pursue gaming initiatives, we feel it is necessary to align our efforts more closely with Topps current sports and entertainment offerings which are being developed within our New York office.”

Upon notifying our partners, Topps will immediately pursue strategic alternatives so that viable brands and properties, including HeroClix, can continue without noticeable disruption. To that end, WizKids will continue supporting Buy it By the Brick redemptions for Arkham Asylum, and the December Organized Play events for HeroClix.

For consumer announcements, please refer to www.wizkidsgames.com over the coming days for further information.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2008, 13:42:50 »

I really cheesed off about this, 2 games (Heroclix, Pirates) I play have disappeared overnight, who knows whats going to happen to organised events.

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2008, 10:15:29 »

Latest News:

Catalyst Game Labs Submits Offer for WizKids Properties

Catalyst Game Labs has tendered an offer with The Topps Company, Inc. to acquire various WizKids’ properties, including such dynamic game lines as HeroClix, the Pirates Pocket Model Game, BattleTech/MechWarrior, and Shadowrun. After carefully reviewing options, Catalyst firmly believes that to protect the properties and ensure the best possible continuity for all communities, acquiring all brands will ensure the on going success of these game lines.

“HeroClix represents the most popular Collectible Miniatures Game on the market, due to its superb Envoy program and a powerful community” said David Stansel-Garner, Operations Manager [himself a former WizKids employee]. “Meanwhile Catalyst Game Labs continues to grow the BattleTech and Shadowrun properties, each with their own vibrant, dedicated communities. While we would be new to the collectible miniatures market, we have proven experience in quickly acquiring the talent and infrastructure needed to produce high quality games. We’ve already begun the process of contacting top industry talent to bring on board should Topps accept Catalyst’s offer.”

For more of this article and further news click here

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: