Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 21:57:53 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Making it up? Why should I want to make anything up? Life`s bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it. - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: an unlicky DUCK  (Read 2076 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 16 September 2012, 12:03:08 »

Reposted for the lardie Yahoo group this is your typical day down on the farm for a reider.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is Frederick the Cruel the unluckiest raider out there.

In this last year of the second year of campaign he raided a farm. Thanks to an earlier success he arrived  on the scene while the British were without either their hearthguard or their bowmen. Although the Britons were attempting to form a shieldwall he had a unit of warriors in the farm already digging up the first lot of loot and had managed to charge with his own group of hearthguard into the rear of a group of warriors playing the Carpe Diem and a scutch of other cards routing the foe before him.

That was the high water mark. He managed to lose nearly all three of his heartguard units. He fled to the edge of the field with those he was leading twice. Both he and another of his nobles were wounded. The group at the farm never found a second lot of loot and skedaddled without it. His losses were 23 [to 8] and the British win a +6 - one more dead Frank and it would have been +7. All his forces left by neutral edges and he lost a further 3 men who never returned - who can blame them if they simply deserted.
Winter has come and he has emptied his coffers to scrape together his taxes. I hardly dare do the mortality tests.

I'm beginning to think that this part of Hadrian's Wall country is safe. Perhaps I should start another campaign elsewhere or perhaps I should persist until Ciriel becomes king. Either way there are no battles for me in the foreseeable future only more raids.

Have you a less lucky leader?

Stephen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: