Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 08:05:50 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
You want the taste of dried leaves boiled in water? - Nutri-Matic Drinks Synthesizer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charactor workups for Arnu's Starwars  (Read 9762 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 05 February 2009, 22:38:22 »

Player            Name             sex    Species     concept
EvilGinger  Mivlovan Si Turkal Male   Human  failed Padwan

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2009, 12:46:44 »

So Simon you will be playing a first level character so your class will be Jedi (then advance as another class).

I will try to do a character Creation session with you on Wednesday.

When each player has an idea I will do a one on one character creation session with them.

What role on the courier ship does your character fill?
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2009, 22:27:56 »

He is the ships engineer & has a rather shady past which might or might not have something to do with why he failed as a Padwan

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2009, 07:31:44 »

don't forget to bring the books with you to the Star wars Tournament on Saturday so we can do the character gen over lunch at the Devi

I have more thoughts on the characters background which I will PM you when I have woken up properly

Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2009, 19:41:57 »

I can't make Saturday now I'm stuck at work  Angry

I will ask Frog to build a team for you
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2009, 21:21:36 »

Sorry to hear that, and if Frog builds the squad wont it be cursed like the ones he plays invariably are Roll Eyes I might suggest that you tell him what you had planed as I am sure he has the figures to do anything your evil genious comes up with even if his own evil genius is not up to snuff, besides I still need to hurt him therapeutically(for me you understand) Axe Atack for the Frau Clarkson impersonation on Wednesday

so we will do character  gen some other time  Cry.

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2009, 20:25:34 »

Mivlovan Si Thurkal

Gender Male
Species Human
Age Young Adult

Mivlovan was originally from an isolated world on the fringe of human settlement. This was a back water with a unique subculture, which though long inhabited by humans had been the home of a now apparently extinct alien species. This species where advanced force users, manipulating the force through the use of huge crystalline machines in the caverns below the planets surface and focusing it through personally attuned crystal matrixes, rather than directly as most other species do.  Early human settlers found these machines and learned to use them after a fashion and assimilated routine minor force use into there culture to the point where those adept at the use of the force developed into a cast of mystics and became rulers of the world.  In time as a result Mivlovan’s Home world produced an unusually high number of force sensitive individuals though because perhaps of this unusual background few became Jedi and fewer still became notable masters as most even advanced masters where very limited without access to the machines on which they had become dependant.

When the great Sith war came Mivlovan’s home world was largely destroyed by a massive Sith strike despite it being far from the major areas of fighting and of no strategic value. The strike was also launched at a time when the course of the war had turned against the Sith and used military assets which it has been argued would best have been used elsewhere. Especially as the returning raiding force was ambushed and destroyed whilst refuelling in an uninhabited star system by Republic reserve squadrons.

Mivlovan’s family came form the ruling Mystic Cast and was amongst the survivors of the great scorch as the Sith attack became known. He was born shortly there after before his increasingly uninhabitable home world was finally evacuated by the Republic and was raised in one of the refugee camps so common in the immediate aftermath of the Great Sith war. At around fourteen ha was taken as a student by a passing Jedi master and served some years as a Padwan before being summarily dismissed. Mivlovan was hurt by this sudden dismissal as it came unexpectedly and he was an adept and obedient student as far as he was aware.

Since then ashamed to return to his family who where well pleased that he had been taken up by the Jedi who they saw as the galaxy’s mystic rulers’ he has wandered about working on tramp freighters and at fringe star ports looking for a purpose now his commitment to the Jedi path has been so abruptly severed.

The above is the public background for my star wars character in Arnu's new star wars game  or its initial draft any way comments welcome

Off topic I cam third in the star wars Tourney & would recommend the Arnu Crazyfrog squad design team.

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2009, 14:05:32 »

Pleased you liked the Star Wars Mini team, however in future I'm keeping the squad build for someelse and they can have the trashy team that I built for myself  Grin

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2009, 17:39:19 »

I sware that you would do  as badly with the one you made for me as you did with the one you made for yourself cos its the commander not the army I fear young frog

Back on topic I have hold of a copy of the Star wars Saga Rules and am working up the character as we speak 
« Last Edit: 16 February 2009, 17:45:10 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2009, 21:46:37 »

Character all done and ready for Arnu to look at I settled on a force sensitive scout as a better fit to his background and given he parted company from his master under strained circumstances I thought that him having kept his lightsabre unlikely.

Character development at second level would be perhaps to take a level of Jedi to retrospectively give him those skills etc, he might have learned form his Master and which I couldn't get out of a Scout base.

I look forward to playing him.

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2009, 10:13:19 »

I sware that you would do  as badly with the one you made for me as you did with the one you made for yourself cos its the commander not the army I fear young frog

Them's fighting words, sir.

Maybe swap teams and do battle sometime?  Grin
« Last Edit: 17 February 2009, 13:36:20 by zarniwoop » Logged

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2009, 18:49:20 »

If you want to take it as Fighting talk then any time any place Mr Frog

Seriously I need the practice so if you are up for a scrap just  say so

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2009, 17:35:42 »

Wrenching this thread cruelly back on topic- I'm definately going Trandoshan and probably one of the tougher classes. I don't know much about the ones available, Soldier seems the most likely but it depends on how tough the Scout class actually works out as, really.

What's the general situation with bounty hunting and so on, politically/morally/legally in this time and place? For example, I know that it was flourishing under the empire, and I know that at no point in the films did the rebellion really seem to embrace such services.

Given their cultural predeliction for it, I'd enjoy my character either being or having been a bounty hunter.

Depending on who else is playing, and what characters they are looking to play, I'm also interested in the idea of my character having a life-debt (I'm not saying just any-old space-weirdo can be my 'Ghrakhowsk', mind! Tongue )
Thoughts and suggestions, Andy?
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #13 on: 20 February 2009, 18:55:35 »

OT no worries now I have a started a topic specifically for the Sledging of Young frogs  Grin

The Scout is quite tough having good weapons skills and hit points but lacks proficiency with armour which the soldier has in spades. I am already running a scout but given the variety of characters you can build form a scout its unlikely there would be significant overlap.

As for Life debts Mivlovan has "Vital transfer" a force healing skill if that gives you any idea's he has also been hanging around fringe star ports for some time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: