Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 16:46:56 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Do you Want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where i`m standing? - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirit Games RPG Night Sesion reports 2012  (Read 3522 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 02 November 2012, 16:52:52 »

Thursday 25th  October
we had two games one of Hackmaster which I ran & Zarni's intro to don't look back both went well and every one seemed to have fun thought the Hackmaster was in need of a couple more players & I rather wish I had encouraged WhiteFire to stay & not  go home to get on with work. The one goblin near TPK is a fear sliding into legend...

Thursday 1st of November
No actual gaming done tonight as we where going to be fairly few in number & got fewer as the night progressed. Though I did have a good chat with Tiki  generaly about Roleplaying & specifically about the Iron Kingdoms RPG & some sort of a plan is coming together. I  also had a nose through the DDC classics book in the shop I like the idea of the "funnel" a lot  Evil  I also managed to slip in a Thai meal form over the road and a pint so I had fun.

Ginger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2012, 23:48:59 »

22nd November 2012
DCC RPG - 0 Level adventure "Sailors on a Starless Sea".

We had a healthy number of players - I think we had 5 players plus me as Referee. This gave us a combined total of 20 Player Characters of various types. These had been generated by the excellent Purple Sorcerer random character generator (the best resource for a 0 level party to be honest).

The party had been dragooned from the village by the Constable and his Uncle Ned. This was simply because Constable Nobby had a missing lower leg and wouldn't be much good in combat of any kind, and his uncle Ned is nearly 100 years old.

A merchant on his way to the village for Market Day stumbled into the village with blood streaming from his head, and serious wounds. His young daughter had been seized by some hideous misshapen man-beasts and dragged off screaming to the forbidding ruined keep some way from the village. Those who had grown up here knew that you just didn't go to the keep. No one had been there in years, because it was just..... scary.

Our intrepid band of hunters, bakers, gravediggers and other assorted trades were sent off to help get the young girl back.

The party had the usual mix of cowardice, accidental hero's, dim-wits and pilfering swine. An unusual number of effeminate, suicide elves seemed to be present as well.....

Without recounting each bit of the action, we had an elf having his head ripped off by Vine Horrors, a lot of injuries trying to cross a rotting old bridge, a man crushed to death by a well timed drop of a portcullis and a couple of deaths fighting a pair of beast men. The party then used a good tactical approach to avoid an ambush and kill a beast man champion, and scare off his minions - this allowed them to save the little girl.

Then it started to go.... well not wrong..... but not so well.

They recovered a silver torc, exquisitely carved and clearly very valuable. The party then failed to search the room they were in very well and might just have missed all sorts of other things. They also determined to ignore anything else in the keep and head off for the village - supposedly to take the little girl back to her father.....

Whilst crossing back over the rotting bridge, a knife fight ensued, and one of the characters killed another and mysteriously now owns a torc, plus items from a number of the other brave heroes....

They went back to the adulation of the home crowd....

Essentially they missed 80% of the adventure, but I hope they still had fun....
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2012, 00:22:11 »

I did & would love to do it again thank you Whitefire

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: