Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
24 April 2024, 04:38:35 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
It`s a Bypass, you`ve got to build bypasses - Mister Prosser
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkdeeds in very dark places Sesion reports  (Read 3368 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 23 February 2009, 13:04:10 »

Intro session on was a bit brief but it got over the mechanics of character allocation and got the players into the action before it turned into my birthday party.

Players present
Tiki    - Male Drow Warlord Fortress commander
Oskar - Female Drow Wizard Fortress arcane advisor
Zarni  - Female Drow Ranger "Drizt she aint"
Arnu   - mysterious goblin Rogue 
NPC   - Female Drow fighter with warlord multi class (provisionally booked for miss evilginger)
NPC   - Male Hobgoblin fighter platoon sergeants (one provisionally booked for Crazyfrog)

Once the characters where allocated every one got some secret background specific to the character they had been playing. Tiki Immediately looked into his and Arnu shifting into a very dodgy goblin persona weighed up how best to use his to his advantage even if that was only staying alive at the bottom of the social pile.

The action started in the ward room where one of the regular staff meeting was being held

To be continued after I have a nap as I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

That is better sleep is  Cheesy

The action started in the ward room where one of the regular staff meetings was being held. All the garrisons small team of officers of NCOs’ filed in and sat down around the large mushroom wood table some produced papers and shuffled them nervously this was a social ritual as much as any thing else the bright new second in command to new to see this and too puffed up by her own importance to realize that she was only chairing the meeting because the commander couldn’t be bothered with the trivialities called for order and read out the first item on the very brief agenda, actually one item agenda. It was let’s not forget a staff meeting full of Drow a race who have elevated conniving and backstabbing to a fine art.

One of the Hobgoblin sergeants piped up and asked for his Platoon to be sent on an exercise as  he felt that they where not up to scratch and needed to be put through their paces. Zarni who had just returned form a solo patrol of the Mushroom forests piped up saying it was a good idea as she suspected that there was an increase in smuggling by goblins in the forest and that a platoon of Hobgoblin warriors traipsing through the area would disrupt this. The Second in command some what naively asked why they wouldn’t catch any of the goblins smuggling to be told wearily that goblins are sneaky bastards. The one issue dealt with the meeting moved on to any other business, in the pregnant pause whist every one considered the wisdom of being blamed for extending the meeting Zarni felt a tremor. The second in command looked around expectantly as every one else avoided eye contact and the goblin rogue whispered in the commanders ear. There was a second stronger tremor papers where tidied up and those who had noticed the tremor looked around to see where it was coming from. There was a third tremor yet stronger, and every one noticed and where on their feet looking for its source. A fourth even stronger followed, render fell from the ceiling bouncing off the table scattering papers and Zarni noticed the end wall of the ward room was bulging a few seconds before the bulge collapsed to reveal a tunnel and an armoured beak appeared in the opening lumps of rubble cascading off it like water off a ducks back.

Weapons where drawn the Hobgoblin Sergeants ever ready for battle leapt forward to engage Tiki shouted an order and Zara (Oskar) hurled bolt of blisteringly cold air at the creature  frosting the thick plates of the beak as the hobgoblins rained savage axe blows down on it striking sparks form the stone hard armour. Zarni hurled a bolt of glittering darkness at it and missed her power dissipating against ward room wall. Skag (Arnu) from the other end of the ward room table calmly took a shot at the thing And the bolt form his pistol crossbow burred itself between the plates of the beasts armour. The beast turned and dived into the floor as if it where water and there was a lull for a moment

To be continued.

Experience awards 

for turning up
Tiki         50
Oskar      50
Zarni       50
Arnu        50

for having a character name in the first session
Oskar       100
Arnu         100

« Last Edit: 23 February 2009, 19:15:49 by EvilGinger » Logged

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2009, 03:09:57 »

Didn't expect to end up playing a Fortress commanding Warlord, I must say, but the fellow is certainly growing on me well enough.

Even breif as it was, I enjoyed it far too much. Damn my lack of a first-session name, though! Smiley
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2009, 06:34:26 »

Do not fret on that score a second session name is still worth XP Smiley just less XP  Sad I am after all  Evil Ginger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: