Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
23 April 2024, 10:50:31 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We Apologise for the Inconvenience. - God`s Final Message to Mankind
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiki's Shadow fell  (Read 3829 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 05 March 2009, 01:26:53 »

to follow a brief account of the events so far in the Wednesday shadow fell game

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2009, 15:33:50 »

We laid the SMACK DOWN!!! THE END.  Wave
« Last Edit: 05 March 2009, 15:37:12 by Dat » Logged

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2009, 16:50:31 »

yes Dat we did eventually but it rather omits the 1.8 dirt naps a combat encounter that your character has managed and that when we started we got out rear ends righteously booted cos we couldn't do the tactics thing.

So when I can remember I will go into more detail particularly about the dirt naps.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 10 March 2009, 03:21:38 by EvilGinger » Logged

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2009, 20:01:33 »

How long do i have to wait for an entertaining 'account of the events so far'?... Embarrassed

To keep up party morale
(- or ruin it) here is a play wot i wrote at the start of the campaign, to provide character background info. Enjoy: (- or despise)

Blackcrest’s Tribe, or; about Chitaki, or; Lizardtown Rocks(!)
Once upon a time there was a big country full of Lizardmen towns, villages and cities, all called villages. These settlements only had one descriptive name because Lizardman culture is so simple. To know that one settlement is bigger than another, you gauge the reaction on a Lizardman’s face when you speak the villages’ name. In Cloacal, if you speak the name of neighbouring Chitaki, many will stare frightfully into thin air before running home and bolting their doors. Others will follow suit. This is because neighbouring Chitaki is one of a handful of the most successful Lizardman villages on the continent. Big enough to be a very large city, it would be an empire if it bothered to rule all of the villages it terrorises with constant raids and ritual burnings. Chitaki is the farmer, and many, many villages for hundreds of miles around, - are the cattle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some religious cities burn food, slaughter cattle and dance in great ceremonies to appease their gods, - Lizardfolk cities raid neighbouring settlements. Whoko is the most revered God in Lizardfolk culture, and the indirect responsibility for such constant chaos across the whole continent. Helping to create the known world through his fiery re-shaping of Life Goddess Llahelahe, he was left with no-one and nothing to do. Whoko’s boredom had killed his only entertainment and so he made lots of little Llahelahe’s out of her body. Small, weak and feeble, he made them live off of the rest of Llahelahe’s corpse; - a very detailed living ball. After all this effort, Whoko became tired and moved to rest inside Llahelahe’s body. From such a vantage point, Whoko saw all the workings of his creation and the busy, exciting movement of life on the surface. He had never seen such interesting things before and was very entertained; - for a while. Over time, Whoko’s boredom arose again and led him to alter things so that life would constantly change. Whoko decided he would infuse his little Llahelahe creations with his own personality, - that of change, chaos and death. Soon after, nothing stayed the same for long, boring things died away and life on the surface was never predictable again. It is on the modern-day Lizardfolk continent that the biggest cities partake in a constant pillaging on nearby villages in order to facilitate change, chaos and death, - preventing Whoko from ever becoming bored again and starting from scratch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only those born lucky, or the incredibly strong, inhabit a Lizardfolk city. Each citizen is branded in their teenage years with the detailed iron mark of their individual city. Those strong enough from surrounding villages who wish to earn the brand must fight their way through the city’s main entrance bare handed against whatever number of guards happen to be on patrol at the time. The challenge is announced by the individual, all gates are opened and weapons dropped. If successful, the brand is placed like all locals, on the back and never revealed to outsiders. Additional details are added with highly-skilled tattoo work. Blackcrest is one such individual who fought his way into Chitaki citizenship. Displaying great feats of acrobatics, he deftly bested every entrance guard in unarmed combat, eventually crawling over the threshold into the city hours later.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2009, 03:23:33 »

Ok Ok I apologise but I have been busy and what Dat Posted was exactly what I was hoping for I will post my contribution shortly as I am still writing it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: