Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 11:09:48 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Just keep cool. - Zaphod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Important - Rules changes!  (Read 2693 times)
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« on: 26 March 2009, 04:51:00 »

Every now and then I'll drop a post in here to mention that I'm going to try using a rule a little differently, see how it works out. I'd say it's worth your while keeping an eye on this thread for my posts, as they may pertain to you.

Feel free to reply and discuss any Rules changes, infact, be encouraged. But keep on topic. Smiley If you want to discuss general things relating to the campaign or the setting I'm putting together around it, just start another thread in my little Shadowfell sub-section.

Rule Change  -  Ritual Casting.
No one has, in the almost year we have been playing, used a ritual. At all. I get the impression, this is a common problem with 4th edition.

From what I have been considering, and reading, I have decided that this is because they are stupidly expensive.

So, from now, untill I say otherwise, Rituals do not have a componant cost to use. At all.
To continue to use rituals, I ask that any such spell-caster makes, whenever possible, suitable in-character motions towards re-stocking their ingredients and componants. I will try not to charge for these Items for the most part, unless a significant amount has been used. If you have the appropriate skills, foraging for componants may be an acceptable source, as would bartering in civilised settings.

All I ask is that you keep some record of which Rituals you have used since you last stocked up, and how many times.

And we'll see how that works, for a while.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2011, 04:38:15 by Snakes in the Tiki Lounge » Logged
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2009, 02:38:46 »

Quick and simple addition;
Original Version -
Versatile (Versatile weapons are one-handed, but you can use them two-handed. If you do, you deal an extra 1 point of damage when you roll damage for the weapon.
    A Small character such as a halfling must use a versatile weapon two-handed, and doesn’t deal extra damage.).

New Version -
Versatile (Versatile weapons are one-handed, but you can use them two-handed. If you do, you deal an extra 1 point of damage when you roll damage for the weapon.
    A Small character such as a halfling treats a versatile weapon as a two-handed weapon, and doesn’t deal extra damage. If the weapon also has the 'Small' property however, it is treated as a if the small-character was instead medium.).
See also Property - Small

Small (This property describes a two-handed or a versatile weapon that a Small character can use in the same way a Medium character can. A halfling can use a shortbow, for example, even though halflings can’t normally use two-handed weapons.).

So, a halfling may treat a longsword, or similar as a two-handed weapon. Currently, even used in two-hands, a versatile weapon still counts as a one handed weapon for the purposes of pre-requisites and feats. with this new version of the rule, Halflings and kobolds, etc, can actually take any of the Barbarian at-will powers and ever use them, or be a great-weapon fighter. They do not gain the ability to use any new weapons in any way, this only effects feats and pre-requisites for powers.

A halfling could already spend a feat and weild a Bastard-sword with proficiency, effectively gaining a halfling-greatsword. it still counted as one handed, however, so some classes were basically entirely off-limits, despite in that situation the halfing having a weapon identical to the greatsword for all purposes. This just didn't make sense, frankly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: