Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
18 April 2024, 12:42:19 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We don`t stand a Whelk`s chance in a Supernova. - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Postapocalypse RPG - Damnation Alley / Postman / Morrow Project Hybrid  (Read 3599 times)
whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« on: 04 October 2007, 19:52:39 »

Okay - I mentioned this to a few people the other day at the first get together for the B5 game.

I am mad keen on developing a good old fashioned post apocalypse RPG drawing on all my favourite sf books from the setting - principally Damnation Alley, The Postman, SOS / VAR / NEQ, Daethlands etc... (all quality literature!). To this end I have started development on this background. If anyone is interested in helping out then stick your oar in here!

I'm less concerned about mechanics for a game - in use I'll probably either use the Savage Worlds system or perhaps Hero 5th Edition, or possibly even a straight lift of the Serenity RPG mechanics (they'd work well - even the assets and complications wouldn't be too bad...).
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2007, 20:09:20 »

Savage Worlds system would be good for me. I have the Explorers book plus Pirates of the Spanish Main RPG which is based on the same system so hopefully soon I will be a bit more familiar with that system myself.

I like any sci-fi setting so sounds good, not familiar with the source material but if you need any input / proof reading etc I am always willing to help out.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2007, 20:26:10 »

Imagine post nuclear / bio-hazard / major global ELE type event - survivors in a variety of settings etc....

Mutant animals, deformed humans, insects taking over the world, freak weather systems, human-kinds innate ability to screw everything up etc... and you might get the idea. It can even extend to a Snake Pliskin type setting (Escape from New York).

I was a great fan of post-apocalypse fiction for many years - based on a love of B-movies, rubbish cheap paperbacks and an pre-occupation on doom laden future scenarios in the real world (I had been a member of CND for years!). If you wish to become familiar with the genre I will lend you a copy of Damnation Alley - probably the most famous of all books in the genre.
whitefire
Burton Delvers
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2007, 17:28:28 »

Has anyone used the RIFTS system? Reason I ask is beacuse this will make life a lot simpler for this game, as there is some great source material alreay in post apocalypse worlkds.

I am a fan of Savage Worlds though so I might need convincing to go to RIFTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: