Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 April 2024, 16:57:18 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I Called again. She Said the Situation had improved. He was now a mere 2.6 Light years From the phone but it was still a long way to shout. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free print and play floorplans and minis needed  (Read 4035 times)
carldjcross
Staff
Unhinged

« on: 03 April 2009, 21:54:42 »

'm planning on runnning an RPG-lite session as part of the programme of summer activities that I run for 10-13 year olds.

I'm going to be using the Fighting Fantasy system that will be familiar to them from the books and a scenario from the old Fighting Fantasy book (this was a proper RPG lite and came out at the height of the popularity of the original books).

What I do need though some floorplans and minis. The catch is that as a point of principle I need to be able to source both of these for free. Now, I have found a fair few dungeon floorplans on the net but very few PCs and monsters.

I've found some on Junior General http://www.juniorgeneral.org/ but they are a bit digital. Does anyone know of any good resources for generic high fantasy stuff? It wouldn't hurt if you also have recommendations for floorplans and scenarios too for when I write this up.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Ekil erif, ekam erif. Erif, erif DiMaggio.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2009, 00:12:33 »

Not sure about this at the moment but as its in a good cause I will have a look when I am not at the end of a twenty hour day

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
carldjcross
Staff
Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2009, 23:53:23 »

Not sure if it's bad form to answer your own questions but just in case anyone is interested I think I've found what I'm looking for in the form of the free print and play game Dungeon Plungin http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31412.

It has lots of really nice looking fantasy minis which are both "parent friendly" (the kids would be happy with photorealistic blood and gore) and consistent:

The floorplan tiles might be a bit fiddly for what I need them for but I guess I can either stick them together beforehand or fiddle with the scale on the free floorplans available elsewhere on the net to get them to work.

Speaking of which this tool looked interesting:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20061121t

Anyone used it?

And the best bit of all of this of course is I get to do this at work. Sometimes, only sometimes I really like my job!  Grin

Thanks for the offer of help Mr.Ginger and would still be interested if you come across anything but don't go out of your way.

Ekil erif, ekam erif. Erif, erif DiMaggio.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2009, 14:05:43 »

I have used the tile mapper, but i seem to remember it was released years ago and so may not have the recent tiles released by D&D. For what it has, it does a good enough job.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: