Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 15:15:42 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Computer, if you don`t open that exit hatch this moment I shall go straight to your major data banks with a very large axe and give you a reprogramming you`ll never forget,is that clear? - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Re: Announcements (a thread for the rest of us)  (Read 5829 times)
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« on: 27 February 2013, 15:00:58 »

New Mod added today that lets me (as admin) set a board to have its child boards hidden on the front page. They are still there and when you enter the parent board you see its children,

I thought it might be a nice way to tidy up up the front page a bit more, I have started by hiding the children from the archived boards in the cellar and a few boards elsehere that have been underused.
I was debating whether or not to hide the "Roleplaying" child boards?
 (Please post any comments in the general chit chat area)

I can see that the 'Roleplaying' boards' child boards are many and numerous, but i find them useful for finding the game we are in at the moment. It doesn't help we occasionally post about our games there that should be in the 'Burton Delvers' board instead. With the RSS Feeder frequently removing our infrequent posts from the 'Recent Posts' section up top, i find it useful to find my game by the 'Roleplaying' or 'Burton Delvers' board on the front page.

With all this said, i will not find it a great trouble to just click on the 'Roleplaying' board to see its misbegotten children. It would just be less user-friendly, in that i use those children. Tongue

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2013, 15:17:45 »

Thanks for the feedback Dat, its always appreciated.

Ok you raise some interesting points, I am happy to leave/remove the Roleplaying Childs based on what the majority prefer. Obviously without them seen it would vastly reduce the footprint of the front page but then it has been that way for a while.

As for the Game Notes/conversations, if they are better suited in the Burton Delvers area (which you are right they probably are) then myself or Crazyfrog can move these just let us know which ones you feel need to be moved.

The other option is I could remove the child boards from Roleplaying that currently have zero posts, this would reduce the number helping the front page and could always be added back as/when anyone starts to post about these games.

As always I welcome your thoughts...

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2013, 18:46:44 »

If there are no posts at all in a section, it's probably safe to remove that section. It can always be recreated if there is a future need.

To some degree, if there are only one or two old threads, it perhaps wouldn't be a terrible idea to move them to roleplaying itself and lose the child section.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2013, 20:28:13 »

The problem is not the RSS feed its the low rate of user posts & general lurking. If Zarni wants to make his forum look tidier I am all for it provided we don't lose any of the  content.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2013, 13:43:26 »

I'm all for removing old children from the Roleplaying section and all of the children if people stop posting game stuff there.

As for moving threads, from what i can tell, the Deadlands threads are the only ones we are playing in atm that are over in Roleplaying (discussion) and could do with being in Burton Delvers.  thumbs uphttp://www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk/Forum/index.php?board=6.0

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2013, 17:08:10 »

The problem is not the RSS feed its the low rate of user posts & general lurking. If Zarni wants to make his forum look tidier I am all for it provided we don't lose any of the  content.

EvilGinger

For once, I don't believe anyone was directly talking about the RSS. I for one have given up on that topic long since. Otherwise, I pretty much agree, if no posts are being lost there's no problem.
Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2013, 12:48:38 »

Personally I like seeing the child boards on view, especially for the RPG section but I will try and contain my tears if they are removed *wink* Having said that, I agree the empty threads should go, until such time as they are needed, but could we have a Pathfinder child section added to the Roleplaying or Burton Delvers one please, I posted a few things for my hopes of running a pathfinder in the future already somewhere but struggle to find it if want to review my posts or add to it, and of course we have a Pathfinder currently being run by Jamie.
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2013, 13:55:59 »

Your Wish is my command  Grin

New sub-forum under Burton Delvers: Pathfinder and a sub-forum for Jamie's Game

I hope this is ok for everyone, if not PM me and I'll revert to whatever people prefer.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2013, 17:11:10 »

Very cool....

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings